• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PsyTrance

By the way, Goa>Psy>Darkpsy

exactly! psytrance is just good music, but goa trance is pure bliss. especially on psychedelics.

^Without wanting to be overly crude, Talamasca is possibly one of the worst "psytrance" artists in the Universe....

the newer stuff definitely is generic cheap-sounding shit, but his older output (up to zodiac album) is imho quite good. back then talamasca had a distinct interesting style, which he abandoned to make cheap cheesy fullon live everyone else (maybe even more cheap and cheesy).

Wonderfull, i'm not a huge psytrance fan, but addd some LSD, some 2C-E or I, and some MDMA or mephedrone and you'll be dancing chatting, hugging! beautifull!

Hmm, gong through my old songs- should post some here....hmm

Abakus
Ace Ventura
Astral Projection
Azax Syndrom
Bluetech
Dapanji
E-Jekt
Entheogenic
Flowjob
GMS
Haltya
Liquid Soul
Ott
Perplex
Psysex
Shadow FX
Shpongle
Tetrameth
Tripswitch
Vibe Tribe
Vibrasphere
Warp Technique
Younger Brother
Youth

Just selected a few fav artists from my collection =P

LSD at psy parties is great as long as you pick the correct parties. I for one shall not touch LSD at indoor parties anymore, it's just so much more fulfilling outside. Goddamn club setting.

Some random artists that probably haven't been said already etc:
Logic bomb - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNscY99HZzM imho best shit i have heard for a while

Haltya - wicked forest funkadelic sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG_dnK3EmYs

Huopatossu mononen - moar finnish sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbHa7_FZ0QM

Artifact303 - grreat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbHa7_FZ0QM

Zen mechanics - i'm out of descriptions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DQ3XbUmv0g

Last edited:
I don't know what Derango is exactly but they soundtracked my first k-hole and things have been pretty peachy ever since.

^Derango fall into a sub-genre of psytrance often referred to as "Scandinavian Forest Trance"... great stuff :)

^Check out the compilations Boldly Audio; Holocryptic Audio and Gungfly, all from Sanaton Records.

The cream of forest trance... these should set you in the right direction :)

astrix
electric universe
exalie
fatali
astral projection
ferbi boys

How would you rate:
Etnica, Pleiadians, & Crop Circles – The Singles Volume 1
I'm fairly new to goa and psy and don't know what to think about things yet... The set is very good, but I'm curious, Is this shit? Are there much, much better out there? ...

01 Pleiadians – Zeta Reticuli (Lazy Spiral Remix) [AFRCD1]
02 Pleiadians – Time Dilation [MPCD3]
03 Etnica – Trip Tonite (Remix) [MDMT2001]
04 Crop Circles – Full Mental Jackpot (Pleiadians Remix) [TITCD14]
05 Etnica – Tribute [BR010]
06 Etnica – Vimana [BR027]
07 Etnica – Nice Toy [2110-2]
08 Crop Circles- Lunar Civilization [AURAEP003]
09 Pleiadians – Headspin [BFLT50]

LSD at psy parties is great as long as you pick the correct parties. I for one shall not touch LSD at indoor parties anymore, it's just so much more fulfilling outside. Goddamn club setting.

Same here man. The last time I dosed at an indoor I had a terrible experience that affected me for months(and still does sometimes if I see the same people). I had to go into the 'alcohol room' to retrieve one of our group who was freaking out. From there on everything was very ugly. Bar + psychadellics = not good for me.

How would you rate:
Etnica, Pleiadians, & Crop Circles – The Singles Volume 1
I'm fairly new to goa and psy and don't know what to think about things yet... The set is very good, but I'm curious, Is this shit? Are there much, much better out there? ...

this is a nice one (goa trance btw). if you don't know yet etnica is the same group as pleiadians and crop circles is etnica together with lotus omega.
good albums of those are Pleiadians - I.F.O (!), Etnica - Alien Protein and Crop Circles - Tetrahedron
imo IFO is better your set (still trip tonite, full mental jackpot and lunar civilization are classics just like maia, asterope and alcyone on IFO)

if you'd like similar artists, you might want to look at shakta (old stuff), cosmosis (old stuff) or filteria.

generally there are two camps of goa trance lovers: those who prefer pleiadians and those who prefer Dimension 5. if you're new to goa trance then definitely check out the transdimensional album by dimension 5!
(some other essential goa trance albums are Man With No Name - Teleportation, Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy, Doof - Let's Turn On, Ra - 9th, MFG - Project Genesis, Electric Universe - One Love, Transwave - Backfire, ...)

psytrance is not as complex with less melodies but with a louder kick and a stronger bassline. generally psytrance is better music for mdma while goa trance is much better while tripping.

Last edited:
I appreciate the extensive answer!!
I'm also discovering Acid Techno at the moment, so it might take a while...
:)