• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PsyTrance

PsyTrance is a little too weird for me, it sounds like that fake-techno they play in Movies anytime there's a Club scene or in commercials. It's almost like a parody of techno and trance, but somehow people actually like it.

Are you serious? Have you even heard real trance?

Darkpsy is really bad if your tripping

darkpsy or nighttime, or call it like you want, is interesting to dance on in a rave, in the middle of the night, while being on uppers. later, when the sun goes up, some morning or melodic stuff is welcomed.

^Speak for yourself. I'd love so see a mayhem sunrise set. No melody til around 10am, no prog til after noon :D

^ You heard goofy psytrance, most likely, and made a generalization of all psytrance because of it. Some psytrance really achieves an unmatched psychedelia, for me - perfect for tripping.

Remember, like any other genre of music - 99% of it is simply crap. You've got to dig for the good stuff.

Now, I've got to mention that Ott's/Hallucinogen's album "Hallucinogen In Dub" (old Hallucinogen psytrance songs picked apart and put back together as dub tracks, produced and mixed by the wonderful Ott) made a brilliant couple with LSD. =D Coincidentally enough "L.S.D. World Sheet of Closed String Mix" was my favorite track. :D

^ You heard goofy psytrance, most likely, and made a generalization of all psytrance because of it. Some psytrance really achieves an unmatched psychedelia, for me - perfect for tripping.

Considering that DI.fm is one of the best Electronic Dance Music stations on the internet, I would figure that the songs and mixes provided in the Goa/Psytrance Section would be considered "the good stuff."

I will also add, the one time I did get into Psytrance, was when I was tripping on DXM a few years ago. It was like a 300-400mg dose, while smoking on some Cannabis. I did enjoy listening to it then.

However, in any other mindstate (sober or other substances), I can't really tolerate it by any means. It just sounds like "bad techno," but to each their own right?

^Speak for yourself. I'd love so see a mayhem sunrise set. No melody til around 10am, no prog til after noon :D

Actually, it would be fucking awesome if thwe black metyal band Mayhem played at sunrise :D How was noise poison btw?

Considering that DI.fm is one of the best Electronic Dance Music stations on the internet, I would figure that the songs and mixes provided in the Goa/Psytrance Section would be considered "the good stuff."

i run that channel %)

i run that channel %)

I'm sure then you have a good idea of what some of the best Psytrance is, I guess it's just not my preference, unless im tripping on DXM... which is close to never :\

Oh..okay. I see how your brain works now. It all makes sense.

...you lose.

lol didn't realize this was a contest here, and also, way to elaborate on what "real trance" is, seriously can you get anymore obnoxious and narcissistic?
30.gif

I've been listening to EDM before you heard the song "Sandstorm" by Darude...

Last edited:
Lol. why does every thread about psychedelic trance turn into a flame-circus?

Thanks for posting this, Been listening to it and I really likes it.

Oh man, I was at that show tripping FACE. :D I at like 4 hits of strong acid and walked two blocks down the street to the venue with my buddies, all of them tripping as well, it was so much fun. We even walked back to my place for a minute during the intermission to do a few bumps of K and smoke a joint, I bought some flame-ass molly from a dude in the bathroom when we got back, and I was able to snag *2* free hot and delicious pizzas before we left at the end. =D Good times. %)

Needless to say, the energy that night was just unmistakable, you can really hear it come through in the music. They just completely jammed out, and the crowd was so pumped, I swear that whole place was about to just explode and take off into space.

Dark psy at a rave with hundreds of eithers in a crazy ass environment, then sunrise, is pretty fucking ridiculous.

as the great Sausee likes to describe his style...Vaporizing Psy Tech rules absolute face when tripping, or high/rolling/whatever.

Like somebody said, driving can be pretty legit with some good psy. Psy...at least in the Bay, is hard hitting, fast, and in your face...then it lets your drift for a sec...then BAM crazy beats...

Psy is about a kind of constant pounding kickdrum that slowly evolves into something else over time....like the beat always comes back and it seems like the BPM change is much less than compared to say Uplifting Trance/"regular" trance.

For me it's easier to actually "trance". I mean there are some really good ass Trance songs that are "trancey", and sound pretty instant-classic oldschool Trance. But usually Trance doesn't make me trance, but want to dance and just superbly happy. With Psy, I find I'm always trancing out, looking within while looking out...it seems like it just lends itself better to psychedelics.

Last edited:
Swilow: I didn't go! :(. I came down with a cold and thought it better to wait it out inside and warm instead of outside, cold and with wicked music. :(

Zenon is a really good music label with fantastic artists under the name...
especially tetrameth.
how incredible is his live set.

yeh he's a great producer ~ have had some WICKED sessions to this musical genius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWZiSJBKR0

here he is playing @ Earthfreq 2007 ~ I'm in their somewhere swirling around (around the time I began expermenting with NOT taking drugs @ doofs, really is a whole 'nother experience, the clarity and feeling of connectedness only increases)