EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

I managed to somehow delete my message into hyperspace. Great. I'll give it another try.

I can't praise Parvati Records enough. The owner of the record label, Giuseppe, is a very nice guy. Thanks to him I now have all releases from Parvati. Many are sold out and aren't on sale on Discogs either. Giuseppe sold me some of the records not available anywhere from his personal stack ("emergency cases") and took no extra profit from it.

But it's the sound that sets Parvati apart. It's a very unique kind of dark psy. You'll never get an album with generic stuff from them.

Some bits & pieces from Parvati:

Para Halu - Animachine (This Is The Girl)

Atriohm - Ukalen

Papiyan - Beasty Beats

Derango - Irrbloss Part2 (Gidra Remix)

Gappeq - El Chupacabra

Azax Syndrome - A Good Day To Die (it's sad his sound went down the drain after 2004 but this record is a blast)

Last edited:
wow, that is like the best track i've ever heard from azax. I didn't even know he used to make dark psy. He really should be making more of this kind of music.

Yes, he did, his stuff from 2002-2004 is awesome but after that he changed his style to complete sh!t. I really doubt he'll make any dark psy anymore, since he hasn't done it for almost 8 years. It's the same thing with a few other producers who switched from dark psy to crappy generic full on.

Just compare the Azax track you listened to to this: Skazi vs Talamasca - Imaginary Friends (Azax Syndrom rmx)

But I'm sure he has more listeners now though with his new sound, which I won't even comment on. I have nothing against artists evolving and changing, but Azax's a lost case nowadays. That's all I can say.

hahaha. that is ultra pure cheese right there. I'll admit that I do like full on but not that kind. I guess if I were to listen to full on, id rather it be melodic than big synths and cheesy build ups. I did like that kind of full on at one point but it got old pretty quick.

another tasty treat:
Atriohm - Paranormal Amplifier

Atriohm rocks! One of the best dark psy producers out there.

I really liked full on in the early 2000's when there wasn't all the cheesy elements that are present in just about every full on track nowadays. But in the mid 2000's full on became mostly absolutely horrible, with pop vocals, singing, cheesy melodies, no originality and just too much generic stuff. Especially the vocoder vocals, gosh...I know I'm a purist but singing just doesn't belong in psytrance IMO. Samples are a completely different case, they've always been a part of the music. I like full on but mostly the older stuff, the same goes for progressive psy.

I completely agree about the vocals. Something about vocals doesn't go with the music. Vocals sort of take a way from the psychedelic sound that the music is supposed to give. I do love singing in electronic music in general but in music like techno or psytrance, it just doesn't fit.

like this one:

Skazi - Hit and Run

.....Wow!! I have SO much to catch up on in this thread!!! 8o :D

But it's the sound that sets Parvati apart. It's a very unique kind of dark psy. You'll never get an album with generic stuff from them.
YES!!!! I love Parvati Records. Gappeq in particular has a special place in my heart. He came out to Australia and played at a bush doof wayyyy back when I was just getting in to doofing (just in case yall don't know, "doofs" are what we call outdoor psytrance parties in Aus). Gappeq was the very first darkpsy artist that I saw play live. I will NEVER forget his set :) <3

And so my love of darkpsy was borne.

darkpsy ftw! my first post on bluelight guys by the way.
Solar Zuvuya - Novatek Telemetry
Kashyyyk - Mor 2
we just brought kashyyyk up for a party, seriously awesome dude.
Excellent first post ;) Welcome to Bluelight!
Kashyyyk is definitely one of my favourite darkpsy producers <3

wow, that is like the best track i've ever heard from azax. I didn't even know he used to make dark psy. He really should be making more of this kind of music.
Maannn! Azax Syndrom was definitely someone who encouraged my love of darkpsy to grow!! This was the first Azax track I ever heard:
The Covenant
I pretty much stopped listening to his stuff about 4-5 years ago though.
HOWEVER he came out to Australia last year for the first time ever, and played an amazing set. I hadn't danced that hard for a very long time ;) <3

This is my favourite track for this week %)
Audiopathik - Global Killer
Play it LOUD! ;)

Last edited:
^yeahh!!!

The way I got into dark psy was actually because of this forum. Full on psy was pretty much the norm in mexico in terms of popularity. I didn't really like dark psy back then when they played them at the parties in mexico. But then I remember reading willow11 recommening kindzadza so I decided to check out this album:

R-994252-1238332771.jpeg

boy was I in for a treat. I guess I could thank kindzadza for warming me up to dark psy. I honestly think dark psy is the best representation of an acid trip translated into music.

^^ I couldn't agree more!

And Kindzadza is a perfect way to start with darkpsy %) <3

Me toooooo! Can't wait to hear it. I've been dying to hear your mixes for years PIP! <3