• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychosis. Help

He slept all day and I went to his home this evening and his family and I say down with him. He had finally mellowed out and began to realize the situation that had been happening over the course of these past few days. We showed him treatment programs and options and he completely broke down crying when he realized it was what he needed. He decided to do a 31 day program with a small group of 5 other boys at a country resort rehab program for young men. (his parents visited it today along with others) He finally had some life in his eyes when he was talking. It wasn't like talking with a zombie anymore. He is still scared and said he is still hearing some voices and still has a foggy thought process. But he is claiming he's ready to seek help from professionals and go through the program. He leaves tomorrow morning. I do not think he will be able to finish the year out at college though. He will probably end up taking summer classes to get his needed credits. Thank you all so much for your advise and help. I will keep the thread updated as it goes on, I am not sure when they will start allowing visitors. I was completely lost a few days ago and had no where to turn but this forum has really helped. Thank you again

That's great, I'm really glad we could help. :) And I'm glad that he is going, considering he reacted by breaking down in tears, it sounds like he also thinks he has a problem. Well this is the first step to addressing that problem.

It wasn't like talking with a zombie anymore. He is still scared and said he is still hearing some voices and still has a foggy thought process. But he is claiming he's ready to seek help from professionals and go through the program
This is very good news. But if he is constantly hearing voices, this could be a sign of a schizophrenic disorder induced by psychedelics. His rehab program would help him stay away from drugs but probably not alleviate schizophrenic symptoms, if this is really the case in here and not just a temporary psychosis.
You should ask him if he is still hearing voices after a week abstinence.

This is not something to treat lightly, because constant voices in the head are severe schizophrenic symptoms.

This is very good news. But if he is constantly hearing voices, this could be a sign of a schizophrenic disorder induced by psychedelics. His rehab program would help him stay away from drugs but probably not alleviate schizophrenic symptoms, if this is really the case in here and not just a temporary psychosis.
You should ask him if he is still hearing voices after a week abstinence.

This is not something to treat lightly, because constant voices in the head are severe schizophrenic symptoms.
Auditory hallucinations are a symptom of psychosis. Fortunately, brief psychotic disorders do not induce schizophrenia.

It is a bit unfortunate as well, otherwise it would help to understand schizophrenia.

http://www.healthcentral.com/encyclopedia/408/77.html

"A client might even have both independent and substance-induced mental disorders. For example, a client may present with well-established independent and controlled bipolar disorder and alcohol dependence in remission, but the same client could be experiencing amphetamine-induced auditory hallucinations and paranoia from an amphetamine abuse relapse over the last 3 weeks"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK64178/