Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Psychoactive Substances Bill and Benzodiazepines - A Presentation

Sprout

Bluelight Crew
Let's make these links a bit more prominent, lest they become lost in noise:
April's PSB and its implications -- Adobe Flash version (For Windows, and Linux with more or less extreme trickery)
April's PSB and its implications -- PDF version (For Apple, Android and Linux without trickery)

The links above will take you to a presentation authored and created by our resident Mr Stee regarding the upcoming legislation from the perspective of the community it will affect most; the RC benzo using community; the possibly dependent community; our community.

Posted here with the express wishes and permission of the author.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta' give massive thanks to the ever so wonderful and arguably a cyborg Miss Julie. :)

Good stuff. Maybe it should be in PDF format for easier reading/printing? as well as powerpoint version offered. I couldn't highlight text to copy into an email for example. Also navigating between slides (wanting to go backwards not forwards) wasn't an option.

Navigation in general wasn't easy. Unless I'm retarded, if which case maybe other viewers of the content may be as well!

It's flash so it won't work on iPads or iPhones... (Am I right on this point? Didn't apple not include adobe flash on these platforms?)

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not wanting to be overly critical; only easy access is surely better for message to propagate easier/fully.

The technical side of things is wayyyy above my knowledge level and paygrade. I literally wouldn't have a clue about converting to .pdf format or improved navigation.

Paging Miss Julie... ;)

The document is aimed at G.P's and health care professionals who have so far seem to have not taken any patients presenting with NPS benzo addiction seriously. Im sorry about the format, but I know fuck all about computers and I never intended it to play nicely with 'smart' technology. So if you can excuse my prehistoric computer skills and want a printable copy to take to your GP if these issues apply to you, please feel free to pm me for the original PP file. The slideshow Sprout and Julie have kindly taken the time to put up is simply a preview of the content should anyone find it of any use.

Thanks to the mods for finally getting it on the site, and thanks in advance for reading. If it inspires one GP to research the problem in more depth then its done its job

Stee

Anybody using these novel benzodiazepines has had adequate warning of the impending ban, and more than adequate time in which to taper. Those who persist in taking them - knowing the risks full well - should be looked upon as a waste of NHS time and resources, and perhaps (in some cases) handed a small amount of scripted benzos with which to conduct the taper they should have had the guts to face up to in the first place.

Anybody using these novel benzodiazepines has had adequate warning of the impending ban, and more than adequate time in which to taper. Those who persist in taking them - knowing the risks full well - should be looked upon as a waste of NHS time and resources, and perhaps (in some cases) handed a small amount of scripted benzos with which to conduct the taper they should have had the guts to face up to in the first place.

A small amount? What constitutes a small amount? How big is their habit? How long have they been using?
Have you ever been addicted to anything other than coffee, nicotine, alcohol and the daily fucking mail??

Here it is as a PDF -- that should display fine on mobile devices.

EDIT: Yes, it does, at least on Samsung phones and tablets. Apple like PDF, so it ought to be fine on iPhones / iPads ..... Anyone confirm / deny?

Looking good Julie. Not read it all but am impressed with what I've read so far. Good stuff <3

Edit: just to say I'm on iPhone 5c so thus this will most likely work on iPads n other Apple decices. Thank you, Jukie, for spending the time to do this <3

Evey

Last edited:
A bit off-topic but it occurs to me the phenyl=>thienyl ring switch seems like it was a lot more effective for benzos than for amphetamines. MPA's duration is a joke, no matter how the effects hold up, whereas (although I have no firsthand experience, and frankly I don't really want to) it seems like thienodiazapenes are a lot more similar in action to their benzo relatives.

Just read the whole thing. Bloody excellent job! Well done Stee, Julie and anyone else involved.

Like Evey said. Dont feed the trolls unless you want the forum over run with them. I have seen it before and it has the potential to ruin the forum if it gets out of hand. Ignore them and report the accounts to the mods.

^I only had MPA once. Me vendor said it was going to be banned so impulsively thought "OK lets try this" I was talking to Sprout at the time, I think n he said flush that down bog. Obviously I didn't but wish I had my goidness that stuff tasted rank, was rank n did fuvk all for me. When I tried 3fpm (which initially was only cause people told me not to n I felt they were singling me out) I felt like the Gods had comr (HE note this stuff has a lot of negatives - not going to suggest not to buy it but research n read up on it first. I usually do I just went through a rebellious phase so seriously check out the 3FPM thread wrc first).

Apologies I'm about to sound a hypocrite here but:

Just bevause it's legal (currently) don't make it safe. Read n Research (was trying to find summitbwith another R that could be a catchy HR msg but everything songs cheesy.

I like you. We need more like you here. To be fair BL is good at catching them via IP. They'll get bored once they don't get the attention they crave.

Evey

Honestly apart from the duration, MPA is better than 3-FPM. The one upside of 3-FPM is you can get a fairly level high going, without major ups and downs as your doses wear out (plus, subjectively you couldn't really get back to the peak of a MPA hit, even with a bigger second dose, whereas 3-FPM kicks right back up to the same level).

Honestly apart from the duration, MPA is better than 3-FPM. The one upside of 3-FPM is you can get a fairly level high going, without major ups and downs as your doses wear out (plus, subjectively you couldn't really get back to the peak of a MPA hit, even with a bigger second dose, whereas 3-FPM kicks right back up to the same level).

Everything you just said suggests that MPA is NOT 'better' than 3. Please expand?

I didn't really get anything recreational from MPA. It certainly keeps you awake but I didn't get much pleasure from it.

Everything you just said suggests that MPA is NOT 'better' than 3. Please expand?

Yeah, I realise I went from an unsupported claim to discussing negatives. My opinion is, the MPA high is a more enjoyable high than the 3-FPM high, although the 3-FPM high is more practical to enjoy for an extended period. Also on the peak thing, it should be noted that if you gave the first dose of MPA time to mostly wear off, you did get back to a good state afterwards (though the time I'm drawing this from, I was at a gig, so there was a bit of outside influence skewing the experience).

Please direct MPA/3-FPM talk to Gibz or relevant threads.
This thread holds a lot of merit and is unfair to dilute.