Mental Health psychiatry in general and the use of neuroleptics

that is not entirely true. at least haloperidol was somewhat recreational at 5mg. theres quetiapine which i found also useful, the same with prothipendyl. but it makes no sense to set patients on 25mg of haldol or a good dose of olanzapine. this has absolutely nothing to do with the imrpovement of the mental health of the patient.
I forget my dose of Haldol. But it was up around 25mg a couple or few times a day. I absolutely hated it. And it's an insult to medicine. If medicine was reputed.

people on 25mg can barely walk to the toilet or to the dinner table. they manage to smoke a cigarette now and then. thats it. they go up to 40mg clinically with this stuff.

I’ve had only positive experiences in psych wards but I was in a theraputic community for 13 months that was like hell on earth, lord of the flies, a ptsd machine, so everything after that felt like the ritz motel

I did have one roommate who didn’t shower in one psych ward and back then being so depressed and over it you couldn’t drag yourself into the shower was inconceivable to me being 15 and taking 2 showers a day
I was like what the fuck is this? and demanded a room change

God and the universe have since made sure to humble me and show me exactly what it is like to be so depressed taking a shower feels like climbing an ice wall with just my fingers and toes

there were the inevitable clashes with staff and I was involuntarily sedated twice both times over phone conversations with my parents that sent me out into orbit
now I know my mom is a narcissist and the explosion is the point but back then I was still clueless and had a hair trigger and tried to rip the payphone off the wall once 😂 and the second time kept slamming the receiver like a nutter
I’m so stupid 🤣🤣🤣

edited to add
it doesn’t matter who the psychiatrists are in bed with I need my bipolar meds or I will lose everything

Lol don't feel bad i was sedated atleast 6 times once for knocking out a doctor, once for beating up a loud patient cause i was in withdrawal and the rest was fighting with security. I just don't take well to being locked up.

Psychiatrists are in bed with big pharma to keep their profits and continue to have authority over their patients. There is no room or need for anything like those in our society. The doctors are dum and fear psychedelics and marijuana because a patient might get well on one session vs. lifetime of pills and shots. So I think that to say antipsychotics have a place or potential, this is wrong.
For me, pot for life and psychedelics are healing.
Sorry you've had bad experiences but this is not the case with all people. Just because you have had a rough time with psychiatrists, please do not project those feelings onto everyone who needs or uses them.

First, anti-psychotics pretty much saved my life by stabilizing me when I was off the rails and only getting worse. Also, many psych docs don't require a "lifetime" of pills or shots. Unless one is under a treatment order from a judge, they should be able to have a say in how long their treatment will last. If that isn't possible, find a new psychiatrist who will allow such flexibility. My current psych doc is pretty good. Like I said previously, he allows me to question him without calling me non-compliant. He also doesn't mind if I smoke bud although he does recommend moderation. But right now my tolerance is so low (for other reasons) that the only way I can smoke is in moderation.

Just because you have had a rough time with psychiatrists, please do not project those feelings onto everyone who needs or uses them.

im referring to those station doctors in psychiatric wards as the useless bunch that they are. established psychiatrists with their own doctors office can be and are more useful. i have to go to some kind of doctors although i dont need them cause i only get placebo pills prescribed here (common practise in germany at least with psychopharmaca) but im going to test out a neurologist next. have seen enough psychiatrists for a lifetime.

Ya i was involuntry for a month and voluntary for 5. Which is still not voluntary but whatever. I don't take well to their petty stupid rules and the fact that power goes to their heads. They would always yell at me and my buddy from Rwanda for smoking cigs and weed but we would just laugh and remind them this wasn't jail. They didnt like that lol. I refuse to be treated like a criminal when i had done nothing wrong. I was not having their shit at all.

Every place I was locked up I was under age and it was jailesque
only one looney bin was free smoking
the other ones all used cigs as a way to coerce good behavior and as something to take away
i narrowly avoided a third take down when my cig privilege was taken away (we got one every 2 hours) at this long term eating disorder and dual diagnosis treatment facility for getting up and going to the bathroom during quiet time
I went running towards this nurse Regina (I can’t believe I remember her real name) and was like you Southern ho Im going to find you when I get out of this place! thank God it wasn’t present day I probably would have been charged with threats! The staff mounted up for the take down and I deescalated rapidly and said I’ll take the meds I’ll take the meds! it hurts so bad (physically and my pride) to get tackled and stabbed in the ass

Well ya makes sense they can bully kids more with adults its abit harder. My horrible shrink mentioned bringing charges against me but my lawyer brother shut her right the fuck down lol

im referring to those station doctors in psychiatric wards as the useless bunch that they are. established psychiatrists with their own doctors office can be and are more useful. i have to go to some kind of doctors although i dont need them cause i only get placebo pills prescribed here (common practise in germany at least with psychopharmaca) but im going to test out a neurologist next. have seen enough psychiatrists for a lifetime.
No problem, I surely don't know how the system works in Germany. Also in my experience in the US, psych ward doctors aren't that great either.

I'm sorry they only give you placebo pills. That really sucks that you are going through the trouble of seeing a doctor and going to the pharmacy only to get fake pills :(

Reactions: izo
I HATE psyce medications, I believe they destroy lives but I have noticed at 4 weeks off Invega my emotions have exploded, I just burst into tears at some gentle background music today, with thoughts of suicide. I am replaying all kinds of negative things that happened in my life, my mind is yelling I have no way out, its been a crazy day for sure. These emotions have been locked away by invega and now they are out, uncontrollably! I see this as a reaction to being off this stuff, and for not being allowed to deal with my emotions to begin with, these things just dont go away, they need to be processed by me, invega put a cover over it.
If I told this to a psychiatrist Id be locked up again. Life can be bloody crazy sometimes.

I HATE psyce medications, I believe they destroy lives but I have noticed at 4 weeks off Invega my emotions have exploded, I just burst into tears at some gentle background music today, with thoughts of suicide. I am replaying all kinds of negative things that happened in my life, my mind is yelling I have no way out, its been a crazy day for sure. These emotions have been locked away by invega and now they are out, uncontrollably! I see this as a reaction to being off this stuff, and for not being allowed to deal with my emotions to begin with, these things just dont go away, they need to be processed by me, invega put a cover over it.
If I told this to a psychiatrist Id be locked up again. Life can be bloody crazy sometimes.
Do you have access to a therapist? They won't put you on meds and may be able to help you find coping methods to deal with your newly resurfaced emotions. I think a good therapist can help you process these feelings that Invega has been covering up.

Do you have access to a therapist? They won't put you on meds and may be able to help you find coping methods to deal with your newly resurfaced emotions. I think a good therapist can help you process these feelings that Invega has been covering up.
I have a psychiatrist who is not too bad, also a mental health nurse who is pretty good, I just lack trust in the system they work for because of the risk of being sectioned and put on meds again. They put their entire belief into the meds and I fear that. I am due to meet with them soon and ill ask for a psychologist even though the waiting list is like 2 years or something. I might pay a hypnotherapist to see if they can help me process these emotions, anything is worth a try, it likens to a beachball under water, when it comes up it does so with some force, thats my emotions.

I have a psychiatrist who is not too bad, also a mental health nurse who is pretty good, I just lack trust in the system they work for because of the risk of being sectioned and put on meds again. They put their entire belief into the meds and I fear that. I am due to meet with them soon and ill ask for a psychologist even though the waiting list is like 2 years or something. I might pay a hypnotherapist to see if they can help me process these emotions, anything is worth a try, it likens to a beachball under water, when it comes up it does so with some force, thats my emotions.
I would try self hypnosis in the meantime the hypnotist I went to told me all hypnosis is self hypnosis and he wrote me a script to do at home after our sessions and it was very helpful. When you write a hypnosis script write everything in the positive like I will eat healthy not I will not overeat because the mind doesn’t register no it will just process it as I will overeat.

The dr also told me to say the commands in series of three.

example
do a body scan looking for tension in your body and then systematically go through your entire body relaxing each part of your body, then bring yourself to a beautiful spot in your mind, really be there and then count backwards from 10 saying deeper relax after each number if your mind drifts away from the numbers to something else start over when you are done say sleep sleep sleep and then your script start saying for example I will eat healthy x3 and whatever else is in that area of your life like I will eat fruit etc don’t pile on everything you want to change, change one thing at a time then. Say I will remember and act on all these suggestions x3

there is also eft emotional freedom techniques that is a series of tapping on points of your body using a saying like even though I am crying uncontrollably I love and accept myself. And tap I’ll link it. It’s similar body points to acupressure. I would give it a go its really helpful for intrusive thoughts, anxiety, compulsions, depression etc

I need my bipolar meds but I was able to get off of Zoloft by using meditation, eft, yoga, self hypnosis and other vagus nerve stimulating things

hope this can help someone 💖

here eft

Last edited by a moderator:
Psychiatry gave me haloperidol which believe it or not really improves my mental health. If I had this drug 15 years ago, my life would be much much better than it is right now.

Psychiatry also gave me olanzapine which made me baloon from 150lbs to 240lbs in 11 months

I understand you don't trust the medication and being sectioned aspects of psychiatry. This is why I mentioned a therapist aka psychotherapist aka talk therapist aka counselor. The therapist is the one who you talk with for an hour and they help with processing and resolving various underlying issues that the psychiatrists try to medicate away.

As far as I know, a psychologist only diagnoses mental illness, which it sounds like you already have a diagnosis. Psychiatrists (and psych nurses) are the ones who prescribe meds.

Hypnotherapy may work as well but I would also lump that in with the other therapists because they do not prescribe medications.

SpRIIrh.png