• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

psychedelics + opiates

thanks for the replies everyone. this trip is purely a hedonistic party trip with no intention to go deeper than the "wow-i-feel-so-funky-look-at-all-the-pretty-lights" stage ;) I think I'll take a lot of kratom and just a little bit of mushies to get the trippy effect. CaptainKratom, I'm about to send you a PM since you're the first person I've seen who seems to know anything about kratom and I've been messing around with it a lot lately because it's lovely..

ok so it says your mailbox has exceeded the amount of private messages it can hold so i'll just post my PM here...you can PM me if you like

hey man, you seem to know a lot about kratom, especially because your name is captainkratom hahaha

it's readily available in all the smartshops here, and ive been fucking with it a lot lately because it feels awesome. it's the only thing close to an opiate i've ever done (ive been into weed for the past few years and psychedelics for the past couple). from what i've read (although it's relatively scarce) it's not addictive and isnt a huge health danger, but your post seemed to suggest that you were/are addicted to it. if you have some time i'd love to hear about your relationship with it and learn some more about it.

peace,

truffulatree

Hey TruffulaTree,

I am very experienced with kratom, having used it for around 2.5 years now, so maybe I can help fill you in a bit. In terms of addictiveness, it definitely is that. But comparatively to other opiates, significantly less so. Before I started, I was slipping into a habit with codeine, and after switching I can say kratom has both less side effects and is a lot less addictive. I would rate it about as habit-forming as marijuana, but obviously with the potential for physical withdrawals.

Some people use much higher doses than others though, and the higher the doses, the greater addiction risk and withdrawals. My own patterns are a 2-4g dose 1-3x a day, spaced out 5 or more hours apart. I usually buy enough to use daily for 2-4 months, and then I take a 3-5 week break.

Upon taking a break, the only time I noticed any withdrawals is when I went longer than usual (~5-6 months), using higher doses/frequency than I stated above and with no taper. The withdrawals were pretty mild over all, the biggest symptom was mild diarrhea, followed by anxiety and some difficulty sleeping. They started about 2 days after stopping and lasted about 2 weeks and were not unbearable. After that time though, I'm more careful to reduce my dosages in the week leading up to the break and to limit the amount I purchase so I am not using it for as long.

it's a worth while combo, try it. for me psychedelia does get a bit reduced but visuals are actually boosted. over all its much more fun much less productive.

I find the visuals reduced as well.

ok so it says your mailbox has exceeded the amount of private messages it can hold so i'll just post my PM here...you can PM me if you like

hey man, you seem to know a lot about kratom, especially because your name is captainkratom hahaha

it's readily available in all the smartshops here, and ive been fucking with it a lot lately because it feels awesome. it's the only thing close to an opiate i've ever done (ive been into weed for the past few years and psychedelics for the past couple). from what i've read (although it's relatively scarce) it's not addictive and isnt a huge health danger, but your post seemed to suggest that you were/are addicted to it. if you have some time i'd love to hear about your relationship with it and learn some more about it.

peace,

truffulatree

Kratom is definitely addictive, though you have to do it every day for a period of time before you feel it. I did it every day for about a month and that was my first taste of addiction. Now if I do it 2 days in a row it starts the withdrawal but it's probably because I've been there before. Let me just say though, that kratom addiction is what pulled me into the land of opiates, it's no joke.

When I started doing it 2 or more times per day, that was when it got bad. Absolutely no ability to sleep whatsoever, terrible restlessness, anxiety, depression, painful limbs... it lasts for about 5 days.

okay, thanks xorkoth and professeur! definitely good to exercise caution, then. I dont really know how to compare dosages because my favorite way to take kratom is in pill form...i buy bottles of pills from a smartshop, they're a brand called "p.e.p."
http://pepkratompills.com/
to be honest, im not sure how much I'm getting ripped off, they may be low quality...

the euphoria is really nice, though. I'd still like to use from time to time, and I think if I keep my use occasional then addiction won't be an issue? How do the psychoactive effects of kratom differ from other opiates? Does it mix well with weed?

sorry for hijacking this thread and turning it into a selfish q&a, i'm just taking advantage of all the knowledge on this forum :) i'm still interested in hearing other reports about opiate+psychedelic combos

Yeah occasional use is fine. However keep an eye on yourself. If you start rationalizing to yourself to do it more often, and your usage is slowly increasing, then it is inevitable that eventually you will end up addicted. That's the pattern that leads to it, and usually people don't realize until it's too late. And once you've been addicted to opiates they're just not the same anymore (no longer benign).

I find it really nice to do shrooms then opiates later in the night with some marijuana. It gives me these feeling of feel good calming waves going through my body. Its quite relaxing actually the whole world seems perfect for that little while.

I find the visuals reduced as well.
I do know that is the wide spread opinion and how probably most people react but from my circle of friends the out of the 3 people that do psychedelic/opiate combos 2 people (3 plus me, so 3 out of 4) find visuals are boosted. I took me long to try the combo exactly because I feared effects would be destroyed but one time after trying it i was amazed at how good and trippy(not psychedelic in the true sense just trippy) it was.

Well, cool for you guys then :) Another piece of proof that everyone is affected differently by things.

Well, cool for you guys then :) Another piece of proof that everyone is affected differently by things.
Truth there! I get so tired of hearing the "Benzos kill trips" shit. Yeah their surely going to calm you down but then your mind will wander FAR out there. Myself,? I find benzos do next to nothing to my trip other than relax me or create a zen like psychedelic state.

Same goes for opi's.

Benzos and opiates don't totally kill a trip for me either, but they reduce it enough that I prefer to avoid. Of course due to addiction I have taken opiates with trips many times, but it was usually kratom which affects a trip much less than full opiates.

Except for DOC. DOC is so strong that opiates and benzos don't put a dent in it for me.

xorkoth, what's the difference between the psychoactive effects of kratom and other opiates?
I'm not him but, it's the abundance of other alkaloids in the material. The two main u agonists are quite potent, it's just their quantifcation in the overall. Material is low. However there are light GABA agonist, NMDA antagonists, and there are things like sodium or calcium gate effecters in there as well. If I recall correctly, that is!

okay, thanks man :) but how does that manifest itself subjectively? what's the difference in the high?

i have a bit of experience with this. i have tripped and taken vicodin, percoset, oxy, and mostly suboxone. if you have no tolerance, it can be nice taking a little something like vicodin or percoset on the come-down. if you take it earlier in the trip it will certainly dull the visuals and the psychedelia. it makes things more euphoric, a little less anxious, but i prefer to not dull the trip that way.

since i got off of dope and painkillers i started taking suboxone, and at first it was a similar kind of dulling down, maybe not as extreme as before though. once my system got used to taking suboxone every day, it would just make me feel "normal"--not get me high. once this started happening, the trips became more normal. they were still a little more "dull", usually requiring me to take more of a dose than i would otherwise. now though, i have been on opiates for so long its hard to not imagine tripping like i do these days.

so i guess if you are going to take opiates on psychedelics, definitely do it past the peak, otherwise its kind of a waste IMO.

Opiates cloud the mind, and memory/focus.
I prefer them on some psychedelics like the.stimulating ones to take.the edge.off and only use toward the end of your trip.

Also high amounts of psyches will.over power the opiates leaving you feeling like it was a waste.of extra chemical

xorkoth, what's the difference between the psychoactive effects of kratom and other opiates?

Kratom is lighter on the nod, it's brighter and more sparkly and energetic. The come-up can feel a little like cocaine mixed with opiates, it feels quite dopamine-like.

I'm not him but, it's the abundance of other alkaloids in the material. The two main u agonists are quite potent, it's just their quantifcation in the overall. Material is low. However there are light GABA agonist, NMDA antagonists, and there are things like sodium or calcium gate effecters in there as well. If I recall correctly, that is!
This is the first I've heard of there being a GABA agonist in kratom, I believe your mistaken as I've looked into a few alkaloid profile pages and have never seen a GABA agonist.. source? Not that I'm calling you out or anything, this is just something I would like to know.

As for kratom vs opioids, I like to think of it as a low end dose of oxy with a cup or two of coffee and zero jitters, shorter duration, and a more earthy feel. Plays well with other drugs as well, especially cannabis IMO.

This is the first I've heard of there being a GABA agonist in kratom, I believe your mistaken as I've looked into a few alkaloid profile pages and have never seen a GABA agonist.. source? Not that I'm calling you out or anything, this is just something I would like to know.

As for kratom vs opioids, I like to think of it as a low end dose of oxy with a cup or two of coffee and zero jitters, shorter duration, and a more earthy feel. Plays well with other drugs as well, especially cannabis IMO.
Sorry I can't source now not that I have one on hand, it's not something to overthink though it's affinity is so high it's most likely neglible. It happens from time to time. I added it though because it still probably is relevant to the total profile, oh and it wasnt traditional a sub unit agonism like most. In fact I may be confusing it with voltage channels.

Also bro.....if your going to come at me.....COME AT ME!;)