View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

psychedelics + opiates

TruffulaTree

Bluelighter
Can anyone with experience please share what they've thought about combining a psych with an opiate? I'm very interested to see how it would work. I'd love to be able to combine the trippiness of a psychedelic with the classic opiate euphoria.

Obviously, this would be a recreational trip rather than a spiritual one. I like to trip for the introspection and spirituality, but let's be honest, trips can just be really FUN :) I was thinking (in this case) about going to a friend's party on a low dose of mushrooms and then taking some kratom. I live in amsterdam, so both of these are readily (and legally) available. I know kratom isn't a very well known opiate, but it's the only one I've ever really tried and I get the feeling that it is much safer than any of the more potent ones.

Does anyone have any speculations about how this would work? What's your experience with a psychedelic-opiate combination?

Thanks in advance =D

Combining opiates with psychedelics reduces the psychedelicness of the psychedelic, makes it more calm, better body feeling, less visuals, less headspace. As an opiate addict for many years, I have a lot of experience with this. Kratom (a quasi-opiate) seems to reduce the psychedelicness much less while still adding the nice parts. I would say it still does reduce them somewhat though.

I don't think it's a particularly unsafe combination regardless of the opiate (except maybe tramadol which behaves much differently than normal opiates). It just reduces the psychedelic effects.

I would definitely not take an opiate with a psychedelic. ive heard that the opiates just dull the psychedelic experience. to be honest opiates make me not care about anything id rather not waste an acid trip and not care about it. Ive taken oxycodone after a mushroom trip before though and i found that was very nice. and it completely got rid of that intermediate stage were everything just feels strange. opiates are great also if you want to stop tripping when your almost done.

if i were you i wouldn't take them togeather but if i did i would probably take it with acid as opposed to anything else because with the opiates the mushrooms might make you a bit nauseous and i would take more acid to make up for the dulling. but honestly if youre doing them both you'll enjoy the opiates most after the trip.

oh i just noticed now youre talking about kratom, ive never tried it but ive heard its not that strong so i think it would just be pointless. just eat the mushrooms lol

I agree with the above assessment... though I've done it many times due to addiction, I ultimately don't recommend it as it dampens the main point of the psychedelic, which is psychedelia. Opiates do however go great at the tail end of a trip, to make you comfy and chilled out. That's the best time to combine them, in my opinion.

wow, that is a huge disappointment for me. i intended on dropping acid and taking morphine together, thinking it would just lead a trip into a nice and warm direction, not dull it. i always wondered what an IV rush would feel like on the peak of a trip. i didn't think it would dull it, so i imagined you'd have a psychedelic rush... yeah silly me

anyone knows why this happens?

Honestly if you IV morphine on acid, your trip would probably just stop there and you'd nod.

I have taken oxycodone with mushrooms many moons ago. Since you are looking for some fun and not anything deeper, I would report to you the combo is pretty enjoyable. True, as stated some of the trip may be diminished but not all of it.

Like others have stated, opiates are good on the come down. I have used hydrocodone to great effect when I came down off 25i the first time.

I've had fun, hedonistic trips with kratom and mush that didnt seem very diminished, though I usually raise the dose of the psychedelic when taking full doses of kratom. Same with Psilacetin but for the most part, even kratom dulls trips...though not as much as opies. The great majority of the time I only take maintenance doses for the duration if the trip and once things are.coming to a close kratom comes in to bring me back to reality. If I wasn't dependant (Which I'm not atm, been clean for over a week :)) I wouldn't take any for the duration of the trip.

Wow its interesting to hear these reports. Ive never felt opiates while on shrooms or lsd. The psych's seemed to overpower everything. Except coke. Ive had coke 2 times while tripping on lsd, and both times it instantaneously stopped the trip dead in its tracks. I remember so vividly, just hitting that line and then sitting down when seconds later i was like damn its over that quick huh?...

My experience is mostly with LSD+oxycodone but I've found it really depends on when you dose each and how much.

Taking oxy before tripping dampens the visual a little, but moreso it just gives it a different character (hard to explain, less out there I guess). Taking it in the early part of the trip will definitely dampen the trip, but will increase the body euphoria. And if you have a uncomfortable body load or anxiety it can help. It's definitely good at the end of the trip, helps with the overstimulation headache and re-integration.

Thanks :)... Though I'd be lying if I pretended this was anything special. I frequently take breaks when my doses start doing nothing more than increase my anxiety. This time though, IDK if I need kratom anymore. I've always used it as an anxiety medication and mood booster but I'm at a point in life where things are going good for me and even now that I've kicked my anxiety is no longer really there. I'm just back to normal again, no real need for any external medications but then again I've always found that the positives of kratom far outweighed the negatives as long as I'm smart about things and keep my habit in line. Also, I've found the combo of Gabapentin and Baclofen to take away litterally 95+% of withdrawals...this was the easiest kick ever. It does feel good to not have to worry about taking that next dose though. Also since I would usually wake up in wd (something I know your familiar with) it feels great to sleep through the whole night!

Yeah it sure does. :) I have been reading about baclofen, I find myself tempted to just use that and power through rather than go through with the ibogaine, but I think I'm just getting nervous since it's getting close. I really do want to have the ibogaine experience.

Definitely order some baclofen AND gabapentin... either alone isn't as good as the combo IMO. If anything the gabapentin is the more effective of the two. They can be bought from online pharmacies legally. It's without a doubt the most effective withdrawal aid I've ever used. It also helps to have either some benzos or etizolam to supplement with as needed. I didn't miss a nights sleep nor a day of work during this kick. Ibogaine scares the shit outta me, I would only use that as a last resort but I'm not gonna lie... it would be cool to have that experience under your belt and I'm sure you'll benefit in more ways than just getting clean with a balls out iboga experience.

Yeah that's my thinking. I am pretty scared though, honestly. I'm like, am I really doing this? But yet, the people I know on this forum who have done it all can't recommend it highly enough.

I love the combo!

Opium is the best option really, most well rounded and it just feels organic while you're tripping. The trick that I found was to take the opium/opioid well before the psychedelic. Time the peak of the opioid with the come-up stage of the psychedelic. When the opioid begins to wear off, you'll be over the hump and slip straight into a deep trip.

I did this once with opium followed by 50mg of 4-AcO-DMT insufflated over the course of 30 minutes. I didn't have many effects for about 1 hour, but as the opium wore off the psychedelia slipped right in to fill its place.

I highly recommend trying it out, that was probably the most intense trip I've had to date. Should have let go but I wasn't expecting the intensity.

it's a worth while combo, try it. for me psychedelia does get a bit reduced but visuals are actually boosted. over all its much more fun much less productive.

During my senior year i would drop Oxys and LSD every friday night as a reward for working hard all week
:D