• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

psychedelics in the year 2050

I'm not actually pessimistic about it. I'm excited because I have faith that we can find a solution that will propel us into the next age. I just think that a tremendous, paradigm-altering shift is necessary very immenently because the way things are going is not going to work. The most pressing concern is the environment itself, which has been ignored and covered up for far too long.

Nicely put Xorkoth.

This is the topic most on my mind these days. How can one use psychedelics and not explore these issues? If I lean towards one of Hope and Fear, it seems Fear most often prevails in my mind. I find this world to be a rather firghtening place to navigate, particularly the US, because it is so obvious that an overwhelming number of people are sleeping deeply.

The Internet will either be our damnation or provide the foundation for our transcendence. I pray for the latter.

George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld are alarming testaments to the degree to which we have fallen into the abyss.

Oh, I only wish I was more hopeful.

^^ What I do is try to spread the ideas we're discussing, and use the Internet as a force of instant communication and community across the world, to spread that message. I'm not the type of personality to be directly involved in politics. I would never make it; I know that. I'm much too passive and submissive. But being involved in politics is probably one of the most valuable things you can do to help. Actually I was just discussing this with my mom (it's her birthday so I gave her a call). I'm not really prepared to spend the next 45 minutes writing about it right now though. Perhaps I will feel motivated later!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Internet is undoubtedly the most significant emergent technology of our day. I think it's a huge, important step in the evolution of our race into the pure information age, or whatever it is you want to call it. The evolution of a higher consciousness than the individual.

Fear enters my mind often. But Hope is more prominent for me and always squashes the fear. I mean, we have a society of people who are totally disillusioned with everything, who have lost their cultural and moral identities (referring mostly to the US but generally to spread of this toxic form of consumerism we have today). The revolution in the 60s, I think, had the potential to go in a very good direction, or a very bad one. As always seems to happen, the actual result was somewhere in the middle. It seems that "good" and "bad" are always present in the world as oppositional forces (like everything else, it is made up of two opposing forces that form a dichotomy). The bad result of the 60s movement was that a whole generation of people took it too far and had kids, and raised these children who, with the aid of global marketing and consumerism, really have no sort of strong moral or cultural base. As a result, they just think that whatever it is that they want is what they should have. With role models like the politicians we have in office, who can blame them? These kids and young adults are disillusioned and lacking any sort of pride for their country or their belief system. They'll believe anything! The result of this is that we have entire generations of young people now who have no hope, who do not share my optimism for the future. They're destructive, nihilistic, and hopeless. I used to be one of them! What we need to do is to figure out some way that we can create a strong foundation for this and future generations, so that we can go back to a time when the perception of your country in the world matters to you, when your belief system cannot be undermined, when you share a hope for the future with your brethren!

If we reached that point, all this total apathy to the state of things, to the state of the environment, the government, and so forth, will not be possible, because the people will not feel apathetic but hopeful. Then we will want to rise up, become involved in the world, exert our influence to try to make things better for ourselves and our fellow man.

I have hope because the good and the bad always balance each other out. The backlash from the 60s was terrible but was necessary to make the world into what it is today, and the horrible things that are going on now are likewise necessary to bring about the awareness and passion that we need to make the leap into the next stage of humanity or whatever it is we're going towards that we are near the brink of.

The universe is perfectly rolled up into itself. I have faith that when it's all said and done, the journey will be painful and difficult, but it can only succeed despite whatever horrors we encounter to get there.

EDIT: Added a lot of stuff!

Last edited:
someone above mentioned salvinorin analogs and i did some research on the subject and found that one that is 7X more potent than pure salvinorin, does anyoe know the exact name of the chem? i wonder how long it will be before those are released onto the designer drug market.

oh p.s. 2050 was not an arbitrary number its from the shulgin quote.

I'm betting theres going to be sooo many new drugs, I'm already jealous of the next and next generations :( Reminds me of brave new world and soma, i'm sure it will come

Xorkoth said:
I'm unclear as to whether we'll make it to 2050. The world is poised to end in disaster very soon, IMO. Either that or something dramatic will happen that will redefine our race. The planet is in its death throes, although the effects are only just now becoming clear. We may already be past the point of no return.

Anyway, that's my opinion, not a fact!

im pretty sure people have been saying this for years.....

^^I hope Xorkoth is right. I have always wanted to witness the end of all existence:\

zigzag| dta said:
im pretty sure people have been saying this for years.....

Of course. But this time we have a looming deadline: the failing environment. It's got to happen sometime, right?

egor said:
I hope Xorkoth is right. I have always wanted to witness the end of all existence

I can't wait, to be honest! Of course, I don't think it will be the end of existence, just the end of life as we know it.

hamhurricane said:
someone above mentioned salvinorin analogs and i did some research on the subject and found that one that is 7X more potent than pure salvinorin, does anyoe know the exact name of the chem? i wonder how long it will be before those are released onto the designer drug market.

oh p.s. 2050 was not an arbitrary number its from the shulgin quote.

I think this paper has the info you are lookng for, but I dont personally.

Synthesis and in vitro pharmacological studies of new C(4)-modified salvinorin A analogues.Lee DY, He M, Liu-Chen LY, Wang Y, Li JG, Xu W, Ma Z, Carlezon WA Jr, Cohen B.
Bioorganic and Natural Products Laboratory, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA.

Salvinorin A, a compound isolated from the plant Salvia divinorum, is a potent and highly selective agonist for the kappa opioid receptor. For exploration of its structure and activity relationships, further modifications, such as reduction at the C(4) position, have been studied and a series of salvinorin A derivatives were prepared. These C(4)-modified salvinorin A analogues were screened for binding and functional activities at the human kappa-opioid receptor and several new full agonists have been identified.

I'd love to believe that many more new psychedelics will be discovered, but the biggest problem is that the law doesn't allow many chemists to explore and synthesize these things. When we go back to Shulgin remember all of the troubles he had with his licenses to synth and the feds breathing down his neck. With the way things are already I can't bear to see the new age drug policies. How much more freedom can they take away from us. I try not to be pessimistic but I remember when I could freely and easily order my RC's online. Now I don't even have sources and have given up trying.

"Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself." -- Jimmy Carter (address to congress)