• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Psychedelics and OCD.

This is a really fascinating thread to me.

Mainly because I want to see psychedelics used for healing not the other way around. Some people are fragile mentally.

Most of us here have probably seen when psychedelics go wrong. I would be a little nervous giving your friend anything too strong. I also echo others and think starting with cannabis is prolly a good idea. It can help chill out some of the OCD, and you can gauge her response to psychoactive substances. It also doesnt last too long.

I am not going to make any hard recommendations but personally I probably get the most and longest lasting psychological benefit from psilocybin. I almost always recommend mushrooms for first timers because it's natural and have been safely used for 1000s of years. Knowing that fact help a person navigate difficult/new experiences with less anxiety.

I probably would not choose LSD for a few reasons. It can be psychologically (in)tense and it lasts for a long time. That said mushrooms can still be extremely intense, I wouldnt give her more than a gram. LSD, I always find a bit stressful coming up and then I usually end up having this breakthrough moment of total clarity and love. But I think that's kind of a skill in a way and not a guaranteed thing.

I wonder how 2c-d would do in this situation. I think it's a seriously underutilized therapeutic agent. It's pretty gentle clear minded and the short duration is nice.

Great point but please don't call it just fragile, that's a little demeaning.

Some disorders have an element of fear somewhere crashed into the usual neural processing route, psychedelics could indeed amplify the bejeezus out of that, which is not always what you want if you can't fall back into a dissociative state. But then we're already talking last resort stuff.

CBD is where to start if we're talking maximum safety and a possible candidate for being a spanner in the works of obsessive compulsion.

If ultimately ineffective, there's an alternative mindstate platform there to build from.

An Update from OP:

So we tried 4AcO-DMT.

First time was +/-15mg. She said her OCD went from 10/10 to 11/10. She also didn't like the feeling. There were some visuals but she didnt find them beautiful or interesting. She did state afterwards that she felt this dose was too low and she wanted an "explosion" in her head (her words).

Second time was +/-25mg. OCD wise the same, from 10/10 to 11/10. Although this time she said it might have more to do with changing environments (we do the trips in our house - she lives somewhere else but won't les us "contaminate" her house, thats why she comes to us). Now there wasn't any real negativity to the feeling of the trip, she said it was "neutral". Afterwards we talked a bit and during the conversation she confessed she has a lot of shame about her appearance etc. This prompted us to talk about MDMA.

I, as an outsider, feel as if OCD is not the main problem with her. For her it started "out of the blue" (now more than 10years ago) but im not so sure, she might have suppressed something in the past. She feels as if her OCD is a physical thing sometimes and not purely mental. She explains that every touch she makes between her body and something else (couch, food, her own body, anything actually) makes her feel dirty.

To be clear: she never even flinched during the trips. I mean, there was no noticable anxiety or fear (or euphoria for that matter). I've never seen someone so unfazed by 25mg 4AcO-DMT.

I thought to report of my recent trips here-mostly shrooms but some LSD too. While I have OCPD, not OCD, I think my contribution could be valuable.

I don't get thorough and immediate relief of direct OC-symptoms. But overall they ease many aspects of OCPD that are dysfunctional and shit. I criticize my OCness more, but I can be still in such state of chaos and terror that might increase OC-symptoms, for in OCPD obsessive-compulsive cognitions and behaviour is largely compensating for anxiety and perceived threat that could not be controlled. I have also sometimes more OCness next day for the amount of loops and stress experienced the day before, but I am convinced particularly last two trips have tremendously helped me to deal with my condition.

And, also, I have observed amanita muscaria to be splendid effective to my condition, more so than benzos or alcohol that share some common features, but it is not as trippy psychedelic as shrooms or LSD.

Last edited:
I doubt it is good idea either because ibotenic acid probably isn't particularly healthy. But I guess it is o.k. occasionally, it is not particularly addictive.