View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Psychedelics and OCD.

Achten

Bluelighter
I am in the position of (hopefully) being able to help someone look at/start to cure their OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). It has been an ongoing fight for this person for many many years. Up to brainsurgery a few years ago which seemed to help at first but doesnt do anything anymore.

Now she is starting to be open to the idea of trying psychedelics.

This person is 30yeqrs old and hasn't been outside their house for years, and was thus able to repeat their compulsive habits to infinity. There is no job, no daily activities. I think, as she does, that psychedelics might disrupt this pattern so that she can observe it from a distance.

Now my question, what molecules and what dosages are recommended? I'm aware science is just scratching the surface but i also believe many people are already self-medicating.

This person has no experience whatsover with altering her mind state.
From my own experience i think something like a small dose (maybe 25mcg) of lsd to start. And then maybe a walk in nature, which she hasnt done in years. Or do people just fullon trip when suffering like this? I wouldnt want her to be overwhelmed, but obviously i have no idea how lsd might affect her brain. Hence starting low and maybe going higher. Or is an OCD brain less "open" to the effects and is a higher dose required than for non-OCD people?

I also thought about mdma but i think this is more beneficial at a later stage, when the first compulsions are maybe toned down a bit.

Feel free to share your thoughts !

It’s a huge responsibility and I, and other here too I’m sure, no way would risk recommending anything specific to someone who knows someone who has serious mental problems as I don’t know that person and have hardly any info about her. If I met her, depending on relationship I would build with her and after getting to know her I might consider giving my advice. And I wouldn’t start with psychedelics but with weed and if she would react bad to weed, even there are some who react bad to weed but handle psychedelics well, I’m not sure if I would risk taking her sanity in my hands.
I would also maybe consider emphatogens before psychedelics. For most people chances of bad experience on emphatogen are next to none compared to psychedelics but it’s tricky and again wouldn’t simply recommend it to someone I have not met nor have almost any info about. Emphatogens can also result in bad outcome for some because of rebound depression and what not.
It’s a too broad of topic and I could write a book about what might be good for her and than volume two explaining why that could be bad for her.

Well my ex has very severe OCD, and has taken Psilocybin Mushrooms off and on for years with great benefit. Not that it has truly helped her OCD to any great effect but they have benefited her in the same ways that they help most of us. Having spiritual experiences and gaining a new perspective on how magical life and this world truly is.

An issue with Empathogens and this might not be the case for her is that alot of the medications used to treat OCD are SSRI's and that is obviously a no-go with MDMA so you would need to find out if she is prescribed anything for her symptoms. Before my ex new me and didnt know better she tried taking an ecstacy pill and got very sick.

But as a person with a mental illness, bi-polar disorder and a user of psychedelics i find that they have done me so much good. But this is obviously not the case for everybody and some people get worse when they use these drugs. It really is a case by case basis and the person experimenting needs to be well aware of the risks when making their decision.

I have OCPD which is different but it seems that some of the same medicines help both, like mirtazapine, weed and opiates, so I am bold enough to suggest shrooms over anything else (not that my suggestion is better than anyone elses). It causes very complete modulator shut off even in low doses, so to say. I have experienced with DMT, LSD, MDMA, 5-meo-mipt, 2c-b, 2c-i-nBome, 2c-I and ketamine aside of shrooms, and shrooms do this job the best IMO.

I would go for the initial post and try 25ugm of LSD in nature. That or a shorter triptamine in a mini dose, like an 4-xx-t

The risk/benefit ratio seems quite good

Ime when people step into serious psychedelic territory, less is more, often isn’t true when it comes to psychedelics.

I’m pretty sure for most people there’s bigger chance for nice experience with moderate dose of 2c-b or αMT than with low dose of LSD or shrooms. With low dose I don’t think just 25µ but a bit more.

With someone who has now experience with drugs I still stand with idea that it’s better if person first experiences weed and other less world-shattering stuff, and if that works out fine than proceeds to experimenting with psychedelics.

Given the severity of your friends condition and how deeply it appears to be impacting her, I honestly think this is a pretty terrible idea as presented here. I totally get the inclination to help and psychedelics esp psilocybin have relieved OCD in formal studies, but that's really different to the Russian roulette of dosing a housebound person and sort of hoping for the best. You don't want her overwhelmed and she hasn't left the house in years but think tripping in the great outdoors may help? It may, or it may absolutely traumatise the fuck out of her.

I think treating severe health conditions with psychedelics needs to be done under experienced, professional supervision with people who have treated OCD sufferers before in a comfortable environment and with medication in case things go awry. I would be seeing if your friend wants you to look into something like this. ❤️

While I don't really agree (but can not argument me not agreeing, it would get too vague), after LSDXM with beer, pregabalin and weed, I had few days of tormenting consciousness about my tongue in my mouth. It definitely can have negative consequences
Apparently, drugs or mental conditions or not, that is not uncommon to happen, but the point is the amount of loops mental concepts can get, gaining insane rooting.

Knowing disasters brought to some with psychedelic drug use (as I mentioned elsewhere, including deaths) I wont ever get back to mindset that psychedelics are harmless and good for everyone. Everyone knows that you should not use drugs to make bad times good but use them to make good times better, well that doesn’t completely fall into water when it comes to psychedelics.

This is a really fascinating thread to me.

Mainly because I want to see psychedelics used for healing not the other way around. Some people are fragile mentally.

Most of us here have probably seen when psychedelics go wrong. I would be a little nervous giving your friend anything too strong. I also echo others and think starting with cannabis is prolly a good idea. It can help chill out some of the OCD, and you can gauge her response to psychoactive substances. It also doesnt last too long.

I am not going to make any hard recommendations but personally I probably get the most and longest lasting psychological benefit from psilocybin. I almost always recommend mushrooms for first timers because it's natural and have been safely used for 1000s of years. Knowing that fact help a person navigate difficult/new experiences with less anxiety.

I probably would not choose LSD for a few reasons. It can be psychologically (in)tense and it lasts for a long time. That said mushrooms can still be extremely intense, I wouldnt give her more than a gram. LSD, I always find a bit stressful coming up and then I usually end up having this breakthrough moment of total clarity and love. But I think that's kind of a skill in a way and not a guaranteed thing.

I wonder how 2c-d would do in this situation. I think it's a seriously underutilized therapeutic agent. It's pretty gentle clear minded and the short duration is nice.

I wonder how 2c-d would do in this situation. I think it's a seriously underutilized therapeutic agent. It's pretty gentle clear minded and the short duration is nice.
Love 2C-D. My favourite 2C-X by far, went through many grams of that stuff. High doses were extremely psychedelic, but I love how it can be used almost like a "functional" psychedelic at lower dose bumps. Can certainly see it as a great tool for acclimating someone to the psychedelic state too.

2c-b (specifically that 2c at least in part cuz it, at least used to be easy for me to get and often around) was mine to go psychedelic when I really felt I’m in a point(s) of life where I felt I could hugely benefit from use of psychedelics but was not in a really great mental state and ready to jump into my usual tools for deep journey. And each and every time I would do it (it was usually 30mg dose orally) I remembered how nice world is and was ready for proper dose of LSD or 4-aco-DMT or.. Far from saying 2c-b can’t enter serious territory but I didn’t really go there outside of combos, classic with K or with LSD are ones I did more than once.

From other 2c’s I tried I would rate them for such use in this order 2c-b, 2c-c, 2c-t-2/4 (always forgot which but one that’s sometimes described as somewhat dissociative), 2c-i, 2c-p, 2c-e. And beside 2c-b only one that’s useful imo for (re)introduction to psychedelics in moderate and higher doses is 2c-c, so I’m sure 2c-d is also great for such use.

2cd sounds interesting - but not necessarily as a treatment for OCD.
At the age of 30+ we are looking at a strongly formed character in which the OCD behavior is really well established.
My daughter has OCD and got into Gestalt Therapy at around 30 which helped a lot, and now she is a therapist who is equipped with first hand experience and tremendous empathy.

Thanks everyone !

Especially reply about 2c-d. Might serve as the perfect introduction.

I will reply again in this thread after talking to her and a psychiatrist.

I have OCPD which is different but it seems that some of the same medicines help both, like mirtazapine, weed and opiates, so I am bold enough to suggest shrooms over anything else (not that my suggestion is better than anyone elses). It causes very complete modulator shut off even in low doses, so to say. I have experienced with DMT, LSD, MDMA, 5-meo-mipt, 2c-b, 2c-i-nBome, 2c-I and ketamine aside of shrooms, and shrooms do this job the best IMO.
What exactly is "very complete modulator shut off"?

Just curious.

Also, what does mirtazapine do for you? Cause I have a bottle of that from my psychiatrist for sleep but I've only taken it once or twice and prefer not to as it's hard to wake up. Your using it in the same sentence with weed and opiates makes it sound like you get some kind of recreational effect.

I am in the position of (hopefully) being able to help someone look at/start to cure their OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). It has been an ongoing fight for this person for many many years. Up to brainsurgery a few years ago which seemed to help at first but doesnt do anything anymore.

Now she is starting to be open to the idea of trying psychedelics.

This person is 30yeqrs old and hasn't been outside their house for years, and was thus able to repeat their compulsive habits to infinity. There is no job, no daily activities. I think, as she does, that psychedelics might disrupt this pattern so that she can observe it from a distance.

Now my question, what molecules and what dosages are recommended? I'm aware science is just scratching the surface but i also believe many people are already self-medicating.

This person has no experience whatsover with altering her mind state.
From my own experience i think something like a small dose (maybe 25mcg) of lsd to start. And then maybe a walk in nature, which she hasnt done in years. Or do people just fullon trip when suffering like this? I wouldnt want her to be overwhelmed, but obviously i have no idea how lsd might affect her brain. Hence starting low and maybe going higher. Or is an OCD brain less "open" to the effects and is a higher dose required than for non-OCD people?

I also thought about mdma but i think this is more beneficial at a later stage, when the first compulsions are maybe toned down a bit.

Feel free to share your thoughts !

PSYCHEDELIC MEDICINE | OCD - 30 articles

🙏

Last edited: