• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and depression

mb-909,

Did you move recently? My reason for this is sometimes changes have lingering effects. I learned this when i moved to a better place than the shattered inner city neighborhood i was in before. Things smoothed out after a couple years.

My initial recommendation is legal psychotherapy and medication. Legal professionally guided psychedelic therapy is safer than illegal experimentation. I recommend traditional medication and psychotherapy because legal psychedelic psychotherapy isn't widely available yet. Often people can be entirely cured with what the legal pharmacopeia has. If other options fail (as they did with me) then you could attempt short term psychedelic intervention. In my situation this also failed and I found out how I could be well with frequent psychedelic use and life style modification over several years. I recommend against this last choice if any other options are viable because of the risks.

If you use psychedelics I recommend LSD because this works best for most people. For you MDMA could facilitate your recovery quicker. I recommend LSD because LSD is safer in the non-clinical environment. Show caution because information on this forum is sometimes unreliable.

I work out 4 times a week, 2 times cardio and sprinting and 2 times weight training. I am also walking around nature. Earlier I did meditation, when I used to live in New York. I am drawing sometimes, but I am always going back to my old patterns... I really want to take shrooms, because they could help me to accept myself. If I could get LSD I would take it gladly, but I don't know anybody selling it... It kind of pisses that it is forbidden, because it could help me to accept myself a little bit more (MDMA helped me greatly).

That's all good to hear :)

I think that meditation is one of the key cornerstones of a healthy mind.

Do shrooms work on the unconscious, because this is the only reason I really want to take it. I read many threads there it was stated that it is no comparison to LSD in that kind of regard. Being happy and seeing all kind of structures is probably nice, but thats no so important for me.

It really is subjective. Some people swear blind that mushrooms are more gentle, but personally I've always found them fairly confusing at around about the same level of intensity as LSD. Some people think LSD lasts too long, but I think it's perfect. Both provide great insights. Personally I prefer LSD.

So I could still get great insights by taking shrooms? Many people say it is more natural and chaotic than LSD. LSD seems to be more in line with slow beginning and ending. Freinds told me that it is easier to understand the things you do and see. A piece of cake is suddenly A PIECE OF CAKE! Most of the things are useless, but they seem to be funny ^^.

The thing is that I don't want to go to my friends to do it. They are nice, but they told me things about themselves regarding their thinking of others (women are just objects for example...) that I don't want to spent time tripping with them in that regard. They have problems themselves, they just don't realise it and think they are cured by LSD and other drugs. Sorry for being so biased, but they really have worrying mindsets, and they are not dumb or anything like it. I love them, but my depression pretty much destroyed our relationship. I don't know what they think about me and that alone would harm my trip. Taking over 100 trips in just 3 years with all other kind of drugs in the mix turned them into totally different people. They are helpful and told me to get some trips, but I also fear them, because I know their other sides...

So I could still get great insights by taking shrooms? Many people say it is more natural and chaotic than LSD. LSD seems to be more in line with slow beginning and ending. Freinds told me that it is easier to understand the things you do and see. A piece of cake is suddenly A PIECE OF CAKE! Most of the things are useless, but they seem to be funny ^^.

The thing is that I don't want to go to my friends to do it. They are nice, but they told me things about themselves regarding their thinking of others (women are just objects for example...) that I don't want to spent time tripping with them in that regard. They have problems themselves, they just don't realise it and think they are cured by LSD and other drugs. Sorry for being so biased, but they really have worrying mindsets, and they are not dumb or anything like it. I love them, but my depression pretty much destroyed our relationship. I don't know what they think about me and that alone would harm my trip. Taking over 100 trips in just 3 years with all other kind of drugs in the mix turned them into totally different people. They are helpful and told me to get some trips, but I also fear them, because I know their other sides...

How old are they? A lot of people start out like that; after all it's kind of dictated to us by our culture. You can't really hold that against people too much when they're young, though I can see why you don't want to trip with them. I was both racist and homophobic before I took MDMA at age 16. Then again I grew up in a relatively working class, small town in Northern England and my parents (whilst generally nice people) hadn't been exposed to people who were gay, or from other cultures.

Some people take a few years to grow out of these mindsets; some never do. The best thing to do is to question your friends opinions with logic, in a friendly manner. Especially when they're alone so they have nobody to impress. A lot of it is bravado. People realise it's wrong but they won't say it when their mates who haven't realised yet are around. Get them by themselves and it crumbles apart.

Shrooms are definitely insightful. Just don't take a high dose and you won't be confused. I'd recommend a dose myself, but our UK natives are stronger than cubensis etc. I'd recommend no more than 2 grams dry, but like I say, the mushrooms you'll probably end up doing aren't as strong so my advice doesn't translate very well.

Psychedelics can definitely improve/change your outlook on life in the long term, but the causes of this are psychological rather than neurological.

Clinical depression (i.e. major depressive disorder) is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Psychedelics might provide temporary relief from symptoms and help with the psychological causes of depression/low mood but they won't cure low serotonin levels.
I'm not dismissing psychedelic therapy but if all it took to cure MDD was a couple of trips in a therapist's office then why do people take antidepressants?

I don't think anyone sees it as an instant fix. It's more about trying to get to the root of the problem so it can be fixed. This still takes time and effort, just like any kind of therapy. I think it is definitely worth a try for people who don't want to rely on the ssri or other kinds of meds. And the reason people don't take them at their therapist office is because they are illegal.

I want to be an MDMA therapist one day. i think the therapy would help alot of people with social problems like avoidant personality disorder and PTSD and social anxiety due to autism.

I feel that LSD has helped tremendously with my depression and anxiety, enough so that I quit taking Prozac. The new sense of perspective just helps me see that things aren't as bad as I make them out to be. I am still prone to depression and anxiety, but I can now take a step back and look at what is causing these feelings instead of letting my emotions suck me inward.

For me; LSA - a "cousin" to LSD that has different effects compared to LSD has alot of aspects to the experience for therapy. these aspects include entactogenesis, empathy, insight, emotion, and usually euphoria and mild sedation or energy. all of these aspects can be good for therapy in a sense. entactogenesis is needed for treating thought loops or cycles of negative thought. it's also needed for a fresh perspective on life. emapathy is needed to interact with a group and for therapy with your therapist. insight is needed to overcome problems and ordeals one has underwent. emotion is needed to relate and process information. euphoria simply reinforces with posativity and is needed somewhat for learning. mild sedation or energy is good for learning through perspective; as all this may or may not be combined. sedation would be good for layed back conversation or deep thinking, energy would be good for general conversation and can influence learning.

but do not abuse LSA. use LSA inbetween months at least. moderation is harm reductive and it will take time to integrate each individual experience.

Psychedelics in general certainly have helped me with depression during different phases throughout my life by helping me to see things from different angles and to magnify what it is that is causing me mental anguish in the first place. Only in moderation of course. When used too often the opposite reaction can occur IME causing my depression to worsen or "come back". I have only experienced this when using in excess of when using these drugs to escape reality. It took me years to realize that psychedelics are no good for escaping reality because what really happens is reality is magnified.

I am back from holland. It was a busy day and stressful. Feeling not comfortable I decided to bring them home (yeah, stupid in the afterthought). Because it was late in the night, I stored 3 different vacuum packed shrooms in the freezer... Somehow I am going to be able to eat them. The plan is to eat 3/4 of either Atlantis or philosiphers stone on friday, the day of the solar eclipse. Thats like 12 grams of fresh truffle (going to be muchy, but I don't care ^^). Can't wait to do it.

How was it? Watching the eclipse on shrroms sounds beautiful. I hope you have not gone blind %). Brings up a memory of watching the Perseids meteor shower during an Al-LAD trip. Sitting at 3 am on a field observing meteors drawing their glowing tails over the sky was an amazing experience.

At this point I am not sure if my continued use of psychedelics makes me more or less depressed/suicidal. At this point though the cat is out of the bag and there is no going back, so to speak. I used to be of the opinion that everyone should trip. "Turn on", see the truth. Now I'm more like "hey, if you are content and happy living this illusion, more power to you. Don't fuck it up"

The more I know, the more this life hurts, so I just go deeper and fuck it.

Well, I got sick the week the partial solar eclipse happened... On Saturday my parents left for dinner and so I decided to eat the frozen shrooms.

It was a great experience, accepting myself and the way I am. At the moment I am still able to see hyper realistic and my depression is gone for the moment. I wouldn't say that there was a meaning to my trip. I just used the help to confront myself. Even though I was alone I still had lot's of fun. Talking to the mirror and accepting myself was kind of hard, but in the end I was able to accept myself.

Later I went to a party alone with a lot of strangers. I was able to see the true nature of the people around me. Always thinking that everybody else was having a great life it was relieving to see the struggles of others.

Right know I am neither feeling great nor bad. Reading, painting and learning is so much easier not being foggy-brained.

I am going to trip again, probably in a month or so. I

^I am glad that things worked out for you. now you have a foundation to build upon :)