• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic with little threat of bad trip

Soo, Swims kindof a newb when it comes to triping, He's only done DXM, great doses of LSA and salvia, MDMA and low dose of shrooms once. Swim notices that he tend to have bad trips almost everytime on all of em besides MDMA. He figures its cuz of his lack of experience.

Does anyone know of substance that swim could use to kinda ease his way into the water instead of pushing him into the deep end?? Swim cant swim that well yet. He's looking for something that has little chance of having a bad trip, a pretty clear head high, but still has fancy visuals and makes music sound more magical.
get some 60's psychedelic philosophers books, especially ones that talk about what they do in psychotherapy and what ways you can use psychedelics for what reasons. eg, robert anton wilson, timothy leary (somewhat more controversial), albert hoffman especially! (father of lsd, he wrote LSD:My Problem Child) (edit, just want to add, My Problem Child is online for free)

if it happens on all the psych's you are trying, it is probably the SET and SETTING, not the drug. it may also be your reaction to these drugs as mentioned in the second post, but give these some good reading and i bet you will be able to use psychedelics with better results

Last edited:
There's no "bad trip free" psychedelic. It's how you approach it that determines whether or not you get a bad trip. If you're worried then start with a low dose until you feel confident.

^ I accidentally holed once.. wasn't very nice.. at the time ;)

Oh yeah - and i've also had horrible times on lower doses.. so's my mate.

I've had threatening and dark experiences on pretty much every psychedelic except mescaline and 2C-T-7, even at high doses these drugs never become invasive or threatening to me like mushrooms , LSD and many others can be.

Low dose LSD is quite pleasurable. My first trip was a low dose LSD trip and it was a dandy!

You're gunna have to learn how to deal with difficult trips at some point if you want to be a successful user of psychedelics. The fear of having a bad trip is your worst enemy, and is usually the thing that actually induces the bad trip.

Going into a trip, think of it like you're going on a great adventure (which you are)....you may get caught in terrible storms and be put in situations where you must rise to the occasion, so do it! :) These substances we use are not child's play, they're serious business. I'm a firm believer that if you're not ready to confront the dark aspects of your mind, you're not ready to use psychedelics (especially LSD, mushrooms, DOM, and other less-forgiving compounds).

Difficult trips are really not as bad as they are made out to be, though. Barring a serious episode like a psychotic break (which are pretty rare), you will come out of the experience better off for having had it. I would recommend not tripping again until you're ready to grab your balls and dive in head-first to the experience with a spirit of adventure. :)

Difficult trips are part of frequent hallucinogen use. Once you have worked through it, you will emerge a stronger and wiser person. No worries.

I agree there.

I almost relish a rough trip. I can't say that I've ever had a characteristically bad trip, only a bunch of overly strong, psychologically heavy or confusing ones.

If you're afraid of bad trips, then combine your psychedelics with entactogens.

If you're afraid of bad trips, then combine your psychedelics with entactogens.

Well that may work in the short-term, but I really don't think thats a viable solution to the problem. It seems much healthier to confront your fear and cultivate a positive relationship with psychedelics, not just mask the difficult aspects by munching down some molly. :\ Also, combining psychedelics with 'entactogens' by no means guarantees a good experience, I've had difficult experiences candyflipping -- in fact, really the only time I've ever "lost my shit completely" so to speak, was on LSD + MDMA. Just IMO. :)

From what I've tried, 2C-I seemed to be the most forcefully positive. I haven't tried 2C-B, but I'd imagine it would be even more so.

LSD or mushrooms, even at low doses, can induce quite difficult experiences if the set & setting aren't right, so I would not recommend those for first time use, unless proper care has been put into planning the experience.

2c-b/i are definitely easier than alot of the rest, but i still have known friends that ended up in the hospital from a 20mg 2ci trip, totally trippin out. one time my wife and i took 2c-b and set and setting were not good and it turned out to be reallllly bad for her.

my vote goes with 4-aco-dmt, even when the set and setting were not ideal at all, which was a stupid choice to partake when i knew things werent right in the first place(ya live and learn, right?) i had some negative feelings, but it seems like it would be very difficult to have a bad trip on it. when i speak of all these trips i talk of recommended dosages that were taken, such as 20mg for the 4-aco, and 2c-b/i.

set and setting!! i always clean the house and prepare myself mentally days beforehand, it makes a world of difference