• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Blackouts

i think she should probably get a mental diagnoses.. this is not normal for any healthy person on LSD - there is a big line between spacing out and not being able to interact and actually losing control..

i have a friend down in san francisco who did once have a similar thing happen, but it was indeed after ingesting a HUGE amount of LSD - he was at a party and they were making a bowl of gel acid into capsules of some kind - anyway he proceeded to dip his finger into the bowl like it was cake batter and took a taste.. he lost recollection of what was happening - he said the visuals were covering his entire vision so that he could see at one point police - then an ambulance - then flashes at the hospital.. i guess he fought the police and broke their wrist tie things then fought with the EMTs the whole way, but he couldn't tell it was happening or stop it...

it reminds me of the time i did lose control a bit, but i didn't go catatonic - i was alone in the woods on LSD and i got so worked up that i ran into a supermarket yelling about the end of the world and climbing up the huge pile of dogfood.. heh..

Guys the threads 2 1/2 years old- hopefully the predicament is resolved by now. ;)

I remember MANY endless nites. But never a blackout. Not even drinkin with dose ,like at keg party's

This happened to my ex twice. Happened to me sort of too.

First was mine, at a festival. Took an unknown amount (some guy's leftover freshmint dropper) Felt great for a couple hours-fantastic time! Then, things got pretty intense but still just a strong trip. Things kept excalating and making less and less sense. I forgot where I was and starded wandering. I lost my friends who found me later and apparently I was doing pretty weird shit, attempted to wander away from them a few times. I have four or five dream-like snippets of the Bassnectar set that total maybe 15 seconds. Other than that I am told I was dancing on and off, while my back was turned to the stage at the edge of the crowd. After the show, we walk out of the place and I start to come back to reality pretty quick, I am maybe a touch shaken and confused but in a good mood. "Holy shit, you guys had to babysit me didn't you!?"

My ex was/is in therapy(childhood abuse), and trying to debate whether or not she should cease her psychedellic usage, at least until she did the work she needed, to do while these espisodes occured.
My ex's blackout was on a couple hits fo decent acid. She never talked to me about it in depth, and I think it is actually what led to us splitting. During the trip early on she became disoriented. She would communicate for a few moments, and then not be aware of what was going on. She needed to be talked to constantly to remain aware. She didn't do any true convulsing to much as pelvic thrusting while laying on the ground like she was sick of being in her body.
My guess is that she didn't really want to be there. Some heavy things were coming up that she was unwilling to accept.

A few weeks later she went on a trip in the mountains with a friend. She seeemd confused about whether she really wanted to do it or not. Again, she didn't really talk to me about it, but but says she blacked out the whole thing on a dose she has taken many times (2.5g).

Eventually she split and told me she had been feeling the need to split since the first acid blackout.

I think these situations where the dose is low are some sort of dissociation from yourself. Psychedellics give you a window into the shadow that governs your poor decisions. They shows you the true nature of your attachements. If you aren't willing to go there when something comes up, the mind/ego flee.

In my case, I think the dose was pretty high, but I was also facing some stressful things at the time. Girlfriend related, imagine that.

Last edited:
This happened to a "hard-head" psych user friend of mine, a raver who I knew dealed and had taked huge doses of various psychedelics many many many times. She took mushrooms and "blacked out" and acted similarly for several hours. She was not a newbie by any means to mushrooms or psychedelics in general.

I wrote it up in a report:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=214906&highlight=mushrooms

Be safe people, this does happen. People can go temporarily insane and completely out of their heads on psychedelics where they act way out of the ordinary and do not realize what they are doing. Always be prepared.

I was on 3.5g of mushrooms then snorted 20mg of 2cb shortly after peaking and blacked out. I do remember coming to or maybe just opening my eyes a few times thinking I was dreaming. Everything I was dreaming though did happen it was quite weird I thought I was lil wayne, was growing drugs, ect.

I blacked out once on shrooms, syrian rue and weed I wasn't psychotic and I was still functional but I don't remember any of it. Apparently I was walking around the house with a very confused look on my face.

The blackout lasted about an hour before I started to come back gradually, I remembered how to speak, struggled with the concept of time but I still didn't know where I was who I was, who my trip sitter was, that I had taken shrooms and after being told I was on shrooms I didn't know what they were.

I'm not sure if I blacked out but I think there was a time lapse on a 2g trip of mushrooms. At one point I was lying in bed with music and everything was awesome. Then the lights were out, the lava lamp was off and it was an hour later, and I wasn't feeling so good. I have no idea if I fell asleep or kept enjoying myself and just forgot the entire hour.

Anyway, as I've said in like twelve other topics, the next hours were the worst in my life. I totally lost my mind and started babbling out loud. It was a very weird experience and my brain was just glitched, in a nihilistic void where nothing in the external world was real and I had no idea what I was. There were no hallucinations. It was horrible.

Fortunately, I came to believe that I was unable to leave the bedroom for some reason. Otherwise I would have ended up staggering down the suburban streets at 2a.m. to be inevitably hit by one of the crazy drivers around where I live. Or arrested for shouting "I AM GOD!" at the neighbourhood and waking everyone up.

Does anyone know anything about a "psychedelic blackout" where the person doesn't go psychotic but instead simply has huge memory/consciousness lapses? To the point that on LSD they do nothing but lie in bed, and are able to converse (somewhat) but don't seem to remember the experience, and are not really able to describe their mental state. This happens to a friend of mine, but only with LSD, no other psychedelics.

ive seen the psychedelic blackout go violent a few times- always with L for some reason.

had one friend curl into the corner staring off crazily bite me on the leg had to have some friends pry him off take him out the party and sedate him,lol.

we were fine watching Cirrus at the time when he slowly began to elevate in his chair, saying louder and more internse "can you feel that?i can feel the music inside of me..its inside of me!" phew.lol we had split a tenstrip of "white czeck"

another time a friend and i were tripping on blotter it was about 10pm and we were walking in the woods when he looked at me and said" this is the end", then headebutted me and took off into the woods. i found him the next mrning naked in a ditch with mud on his face as paint. i had to take my clothes off to get him in the car he was still quited jarred. we had each eaten a ten strip of wow amber cystal.

got a few more- all involve l.never had one myself but babysit through uite a few delusional advents. ahh,memories :p

This exact thing happen to me just the other day I took 4 hits of LSD I was in my room playing my video game and all of a sudden my vision got really pixilized my so much so that I could hardly see so I laid down on my bed everything was bright crisp colors and patterns everywhere as I was laying down it soon became really intense like really intense I then blacked out I ended up pissing myself and destroying my room breaking pictures and tearing everything off my dresser I guess I had fallen idk I don't remember anything then my mom found me curled up on my bed in a ball I then started convulsing just my head and I was drooling so she called the ambulance I could follow directions though as I walked out to the ambulance and I was unable to respond with gestures or vocally I just couldn't I would just mumble it also lasted around 4 hours if not 5 I just came to in the hospital it was like I just woke up n I still couldn't talk or reply with gestures all I could do was giggle and smile they said my pupils were a 6 whatever that means
Also I take
Lithium carbonate 1350mg
Triliptal 1200mg
Paxil 60mg
And ambien 10mg
My mom says it wasn't LSD but I keep tryna tell her LSD is the only thing that's tasteless

Also I have plenty of exspirience with psychs but only done LSD one other tine done 25b,25i,25c-nbome mushrooms close to 100 times dmt, 4-ho-dmt

Last edited:
I've blacked out/gone kind of catatonic on high doses of mushrooms (way back in the day).

I've never blacked out on LSD but I have an unusual talent where I can make myself fall asleep almost any time during an LSD trip, like an off switch. It is a weird sleep with trippy dreams but from outside appearances is exactly like normal sleep (I can be woken up normally).

Not at all.
One of the most interesting things I've noticed with psychedelics is that even when I'm royally fucked up on them I never experience any memory loss. When I first started tripping, I would often think "man I'm so fucked up right now, I'm not gonna remember any of this tomorrow" but I always did. Cannabis, benzos, opiates and dissociatives all screw with my memory to a degree but after using psychedelics my memory of the trip is always crystal clear (except when I'm also partaking in the aforementioned).

My mom says it wasn't LSD but I keep tryna tell her LSD is the only thing that's tasteless

This is not a safe way to determine what drug you took. Get reagent tests.

The fact that you were convulsing on an anticonvulsant is worrying.

The thing I learned most from this, people were blacking out on acid 8 years ago. To answer the OPs question, yes it happens to people as I am sure you learned through this crazy decade ;)

In todays age there is no reason to not have a test kit. Sure that whole acid is tasteless thing was fine when people didnt have instant access to test kits.

This is not a safe way to determine what drug you took. Get reagent tests.

The fact that you were convulsing on an anticonvulsant is worrying.

I feel the same way I know the triliptal should have prevented me from having convulsions but it didn't what other substances that fit on paper are tasteless and make you trip???

DOx chems are usually bitter and last 12-24 hours it couldn't have been DOx compound as it only lasted from 8am-6pm wich is just 10 hours highly indicative of LSD but yes I know I should have an LSD test kit but I don't