View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Blackouts

Endless Night

Bluelighter
The other day a lady friend of my ingested three hits of liquid lsd. This lsd is of decent quality and had been ingested before by many of my friends and my lady friend. About 3 hours into the experience she came into a catatonic state where she blackedout and has no memory of what happened. She had tripped about 3 times before so she was still pretty new to LSD.

This state lasted around 4 hours, during this state she couldnt speak or respond to outside conversation or stimulus. She seemed close to death because she was having violent convulsions. She was screaming, thrashing her limbs about and attacking people. She was conturting in exercoist like scenes, wedging her head under car seats, trying to open car doors while moving and attacking the driver. She was completely unaware of what was going on at the time.

+8 hours after taking the lsd she seemed to "wake up" and had absolutely no recolection of the events that had happened. Her trip started like any other, happy giddly laughter then slowly progressed into this psychedelic blackout.

Does anyone have any experiences with events like this? Any input or advice?

Damn, that sucks. I haven't ever experienced that or seen anyone experience that on LSD, although everyone can respond to the drug differently. Are you sure it was lsd?

Yeah im absolutely positive this is acid, it was pretty good. It had been taken many many times before by many different people and noone had experiences results even close to this. People were tripping with this girl at the time and didnt lose it. 4 hits at once had me tripping from 3pm to 4am

I have had this happen to me in the past but never for longer than an hour or so. And in my blackout i didnt go crazy and attack people. Just layed in bed till i snapped out of it. Mushrooms was the culprit in my blackout (and 5 ,eo dmt on a couple occasions.)

I cant really explain what causes this to happen. Iv read of similar things happening on AMT. A girl ingested it, everything started out fine and then a bunch of unconcious material started to surface of which she had no control and ended up acting similarly to how the girl in your story acted.

Too bad it happened.

I recomend she take a little break from psychedelics for a while. And when she returns to them to start with a lower dose.

I hate to say it but this may have also been a psychotic break. Do you know if she has mental illness in her family. LSD could have brought an underlying condtion to the surface.

Or not.

This is a tough question to answer without actually knowing the girl or seeing it for myself.

I wouldn't be to worried about it, more than a few times I've been in a position where I couldn't speak as I had forgotten how.Sometimes people will be talking to me and I'll have no idea what the hell they are saying but I just nod and no one seems to notice=D

Sounds like she is one of few who have psychotic reactions to lsd. I am another one of them, I think... my 2nd to last trip ended up in the hospital as I was completely psychotic, and my last one ended up with me tied to a chair, pretty delirious, but still having a good time. The hospital freakout has some times where I don't remember going nuts, but, I remember my last trip in its entirety.

i have seen a few people blackout on shrooms as well.
A rare occurance but it still happens

I have only blacked out a few times from Salvia and 5-meo-dmt I think it just got so intense my mind couldn’t handle the experience and shut down or something. Sometimes I think peoples mind will black out to protect people from an experience they can’t handle or might psychologically scar them. Not sure just a theory.

The only time I've heard of that was when I read about the famous 'thumbprint' dose. A guy arrogantly took this ridiculously large dose and then proceeded to freak out and then go catatonic for several days. I have no first hand experience with blacking out. Though I did get a serious case of amnesia from supposed capped mushrooms once. Though I now think it was something else because dried mushrooms in their natural form never did anything close to that. That was pretty scary actually.

terrapintraveler said:
I've watched one person go psychotic for a couple of hours and not remember any of it while on mushrooms. It was their second time tripping and they ate 1/8, which was the same dose as everyone else. The guy just kept repeating certain phrases and would come out of it for 10 second intervals every hour or so...every so often freaking out. We tripped pretty well (high ++, low +++ maybe). This has happened once on the hundreds of different trips I have had with different people, so it doesn't happen often. I suppose if something truly was traumatic enough the brain might just block it out...

This happened to a friend of mine on 2C-T-4. I dont think I heard him say more than 5 sentences in the 15 hours he was like that, although he would say them often. It gets worriying after that length of time, especially when your lunatic mate is raving on about cats and laser!? Every time he seemed to be coming right he would rush off and have a shower, only to return as crazy as he was when he left

DXM used to black me out on higher doses, but it fucks with my memory so much normally that it is no suprise.

Only other substance was 2c-e, and then only once after a 22mg oral dose followed by multiple (3-5 lines) of 10mg insuffulated starting 2 hours later. I would come back to reality every once in a while mid-sentence, finish the sentence and only remember that what I was saying was completely revalent when I started - and nothing else. My GF (whom went line-for-line with me and didn't black out) said that I went 'zombified' for periods and others I was completely coherant... I estimate that I was out for probably 3-4 hours.

Next day I went and put my entire supply into solution =x

terrapintraveler said:
I've watched one person go psychotic for a couple of hours and not remember any of it while on mushrooms. It was their second time tripping and they ate 1/8, which was the same dose as everyone else. The guy just kept repeating certain phrases and would come out of it for 10 second intervals every hour or so...every so often freaking out. We tripped pretty well (high ++, low +++ maybe). This has happened once on the hundreds of different trips I have had with different people, so it doesn't happen often. I suppose if something truly was traumatic enough the brain might just block it out...

Same thing happened to me, but I remember it. Called a thought loop, and they BLOW.

i have gone thru psychotic thought loops on mushrooms one time. I was nodding out and tried very hard to stay awake. It was a very similar nodding that herion induces but yet i completely lost my mind at the same time.
people were insiting on taking me to the hospital but i refused as i knew i was safe physically.
i took a hefty dose of 7.5 grams of shrooms + 3 grams of syrain rue.
haha, boy was i humbled by the power of the shroom. I dont think i have had a trip that psychotic/powerful ever.

I've heard tons of stories of different people acting weird on acid or shrooms, but the blackout-out of controllness doesn't last long usually. During my one REALLY bad trip I blacked out for 8 hours about. I remember little bits and pieces, like dreams kind of, but I seriously don't remember any of the main part of the trip. It wasn't bad enough of a "freakout" to land me in the hospital...for better or worse hehe

I've only 'blacked out' on DMT and Salvia, with DMT its actually called 'blacking in'. Just for clarity.

^^^Or you may have taken too much. Thats what my experience lead me to think. By too much, I mean an amnesiac dose if we can apply that S-A-L-V-I-A scale to it, amnesiac bein ghte last A.

Black out or Bad trip?

I have trouble believeing this account entirely. I would bet my life she has some distorted recolection of what happend. Her actions had to have been highly distorted and nonsensical to her untill she came to. I think this becuase the black outs on acid arent like those on alcohol. The body doesnt move the brains signals dont influence any reaction. So much so that the person has the most blank emotionless facial expression you can probibly ever see. Its very errie to see expecially if your under the influence as well. You can tell they are alve but dead in a way, the dead doesnt move.

I say these claims from experiance. My friends and I call this happening psychosis even though that isnt the technical term for the happening. I've witnessed others go through this and i have also experianced it personally though it was not with solely acid.

One evening my friends and I dropped two triple dips so in a sense six hits of acid. With one friend I was very competative and he poised the idea of mixing the lsd with dxm. It being a special night we both dropped. When the effects first hit I instantly blacked out sitting on a chair. The ouside effects were all the same visible to my friends but for me and unexpected "black wall" hit me strong. While blacked out there was absolutly nothing but expanse of black emptyness. I was in an abyss that i couldnt comprehend and couldnt controll or get out of, I was left to just experiance. just as it had come it left and i was al of a sudden flung into a world were I had no recollection to. Even though it was with my friends I could remember who they were or were i was. I just had the pecular feeling of have a past connection with these people, i could feel our histories together but had no idea who it was. Eventually my trip came through and ended but it has left me with some memerable experiances, including seeing myelf in true third person and watching myself all melt away except for my conciusness which continued.

Your friend shouldn't have been moving if she was blacked. She must have had a highly distored vaguely memborable bad trip which i have also experianced lol. P.s.- you cant "wake up" from those aswell and black outs.