• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic and emphatogenic effects on narcissists/psychopaths?

This society itself is mentally ill. These students are fine.

i like this idea, it makes sense of an issue that has been troubling me

based on the idea of modern society being narcissistic and selfish, sometimes i wonder whether humans are more animal then you realise, and that that is in fact the cause of the inherent selfishness so common in modern society; people driving porches whilst others lack food and water

but perhaps this is caused by the people in modern society being unhappy inside without spiritual fulfillment, hence being tricked into thinking "if i eat this, if i buy this, etc. i will become happy"

alternatively on a more specific level, individuals who are narcissistic could be making up for a lack of care and love and having their basic needs supplied by others [i started writing this argument before reading Einzige's post but this provides a good example], and so are making up for it by having to inflate their sense of self, similar to children having to be somewhat egocentric to have their basic needs fulfilled and to survive

alternatively, this world is intentionally somewhat backwards, as are the people in it, chocabloc with injustices problems difficulties and suffering, and i have yet to find spiritual understanding of why this is

I've always wondered, what kind of experience would person with psychopathic or narcissistic personality disorder get from MDMA or LSD? Would he feel empathy to other humankind, would he see through her/his damaged and shattered ego on psychedelics, or would he get any other intro perspective effects? I've read that psychedelics may be helpful for this kind of personal disorders.

I tripped on shrooms with a friend who is a diagnosed psychopath and he said like he was gonna loose control of his restraint so I was like ya Imma head out then. Afterwards he said he had mixed feelings about it but I think he just felt that classic lose of control most people feel on there first trip and then once he peaked he said it was interesting. He seemed more happy afterwards so I think it might have altered his neurons in a positive way. Psychedelic mushrooms have been shown to cause nuerogenisis in the brain so its possible that the enthapy loop could have been effected by this.

yeah, I tripped with a narcissist before. Pain in the ass having to tend to his mind the whole trip. He is a physicist and he claimed to have made a breakthrough. He often crossed the line with his physical models of reality. He tuned in to some insight, and then would talk about it over and over again making bold claims like "the universe is will evolve to meta-stable hyperdimensional energy manifolds that maximize cross-sectional coupling of information exchange" etc, etc. He enjoyed my company because I would help direct his thoughts and potentially extract something semi-intelligent from his psuedo-mystical ramblings. Later he'd revel in his genius and fantasize about the book he'd write, of course, he'd quickly correct himself that he'd have to hire someone to write a book for him because it wasn't a good use of his time...

Anyways, fast forward to the story. We dropped some 2C-C together with a little methylone to smooth the comeup. An excellent combo. After the comeup which he complained about, he burst out of the bathroom talking 100 miles an hour about how he's seeing the universe clearly. His solution involved infinite dimensional strings. He kept going on about it, wanting me to play the part of midwife to his genius. Stepping all over my trip. Ok, I played along though. Told him it was important he write this down and handed him a notebook to start parsing it. He scribbled a few lines, and became absorbed. I took that as an excuse to get the hell out of there and go swimming. When he came down he looked at his notes and concluded that psychedelics were stupid drugs and I shouldn't have given them to him and should stop taking them immediately. Fuck off.

Side topic I know, but I thought it might be worth mentioning here. For similar reasons I often wonder how emphatogens affect people with ASD, in that the effects of the drug antithetical to some traits of this condition.