• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Psilomethoxin Church

This just dropped: https://thesacredsynthesis.com/church-of-the-sacred-synthesis-march-7-press-release/

tl;dr: Church asserts independent verification of the presence of 4-ho-5-meo-dmt in the mushrooms they've been distributing as sacrament.
There is as yet no actual info or evidence available for this assertion. No paper, no data etc.
Also the idea that they have "...a distribution partner who will be making Psilomethoxin available over the counter (OTC) in a GMP formulation" raises a whole host of questions.

In the release they state that:
"The basis for our suit is that Usona is liable for their test of the anonymous unauthenticated sacrament due to the reckless disregard for the truth (actual malice) in the failure of their methodology to extract Psilomethoxin using methanol rather than water which Psilomethoxin is soluble in. "
I imagine this is a bogus claim given how David Nichols and other chemists have weighed in.

Popcorn time. Pretty sure this is Alex Sherwood, one of the chemists behind the USONA paper:

Thanks for posting this. That makes sense. In the same press release they announced that they're suing USONA for defamation. I'm not necessarily pro or anti Usona, but they also release so much different research and data to the world for free I was shocked. Regardless of if the psilomethoxin is real, I don't think I like the church leadership much at all.

The chemist of the church has posted here in the past (the recent past in fact). I hope he will come back and answer some of the new questions raised by this press release. I imagine he may be writing up a paper/analysis himself.

Nothing new since the announcement by CoSS of allegedly finding psilomethoxin in their product and the push back from Alex S as to the veracity of the claim.

Here is an analysis from another lab I wasn't aware of till recently. They provide a clear and concise analysis of the issues at hand.
They too also only found psilocybin...

The chemist of the church has posted here in the past (the recent past in fact). I hope he will come back and answer some of the new questions raised by this press release. I imagine he may be writing up a paper/analysis himself.
I don't expect him to comment here publicly again. I spoke with him a while back. He seemed sketched out by the church's willingness to sue. Apparently for good reason.

I don't expect him to comment here publicly again. I spoke with him a while back. He seemed sketched out by the church's willingness to sue. Apparently for good reason.
He recently was on this podcast. Interesting how he speaks in a more circumspect way about the process and the need for further study. I'm not well versed enough in chemistry to comment on much of what he saids: