Prosecution Using Bluelight as Evidence

batmanplaybaseball

Bluelighter
OK so this has had me wondering for awhile. Has there ever been a case of someone having their Bluelight postings used as evidence for a case against them? It would completely reason to say that if this happened to someone, unless they were still incarcerated, they would have come back to tell Bluelight about that happening. So if it's true that it has never happened, someone saying it happened, then it seems that it has probably never happened (you dig?).

What is my point? Well that is not really clear. Basically I get the feeling that many people here have the feeling that law enforcement monitors these boards, but not only that, that they can/will use your postings against you in court. I guess I am just confirming that this has never happened and using that to say that maybe we should all be a little less paranoid...Not stupidly of course.

It happened back when we had a gallery a dude posted pictures of stolen prescriptions. Somehow his parole officer linked the pictures back to him and he got in trouble this was several years ago so I dont remember all the details I think dudes Sn was [edit] but dont quote me on that. also a long time ago a bluelight meetup in Florida was raided and several people arrested thats how we know law enforcement reads this site. But if you use common sense everything will be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I believe someone named [edit] got busted and they used photo evidence that he posted on here with stolen prescription bottles. That was awhile ago though.

peace.
seedless

Last edited by a moderator:
It has happened. Not to me and it's not up to me to give the details, but it has happened.

Be careful what you say, please. LEO monitors these boards. If you get a PM asking you about contraband, please forward it to a senior mod or admin.

Do not use BL to deal, above all else - that's not why we're here.

I am not sure if this has happened or not, but they can most definitely use anything you post as evidence against you in court. Your words are evidence, whether they are spoken out loud or typed on the internet. Same thing with any pictures you may post. The perceived anonymity of the internet makes people be less cautious, but it is not hard for LE to find out who you are if they really want to.

Whether they WILL monitor and come after you is something I can't answer. But they COULD. And just because they haven't (if they haven't) doesn't mean they won't.

Listen... there has definitely been times when posts/pics have been used against bl'ers to learn more info... and a few rare times when the evidence was actually used in the case.... at least in the 10 years I have been here, I remember a few and I am not going to get into those times.... but watch what you say is all.

It's the reason we don't do stuff like sourcing and helping people find drugs and such... People do monitor these boards. Its also why we don't mention methods of sneaking drugs into an event, doing drugs at an up coming event. They don't make those rules to ruin your fun. Its to keep you outta jail..

There was a bust in the Uk, some thing about project Ismene or something like that. I think they got popped for buying rc's.. I'm kinda vauge on the details maybe someone else can provide more info.

I recently had a case where 291 pages of forum posts were admitted into evidence after a motion to suppress was denied. It wasn't from BL, but from a similar forum. I can't go into more details about the case.

I recently had a case where 291 pages of forum posts were admitted into evidence after a motion to suppress was denied. It wasn't from BL, but from a similar forum. I can't go into more details about the case.

Jesus thats scary a good reminder to keep everything in the past tense and avoid commenting on activities you participate in on a daily basis.

Jesus thats scary a good reminder to keep everything in the past tense and avoid commenting on activities you participate in on a daily basis.

Or hypothetical tense. Or conditional tense...

While "SWIM" is not approved..."If one were to hypothetically do X" is definitely approved.

Just be careful folks...

It HAS happened, LE DOES monitor these boards.

Last edited:
There was a bust in the Uk, some thing about project Ismene or something like that. I think they got popped for buying rc's.. I'm kinda vauge on the details maybe someone else can provide more info.
That was a result of their info being on a vendors computer after they were busted, had nothing to do with BL.

Use a little common sense. If you post pictures of your meth lab online you are RETARDED.

that suck but nice to keep in mind and be reminded now and again to be careful what you post.

I had someone PM me with contraband .. didn't really think it could be a cop

I HIGHLY doubt they would use BL as evidence. If they could, the only reason they would do that would be if you were doing your said crime completely through PM's on BL. If you get busted, they are probably going to use more direct evidence. At that point, something as small as this would be not so beneficial to how much work it would take just to get that small amount of evidence.

I could see them seizing your account from your own computer. And only use stuff against you that involves speaking about some huge amount of business. Even then, once you go to court it will probably be thrown out as evidence. I don't see anybody being arrested for sitting here on BL. The evidence most likely used against you is what you do when not sitting in front of the PC. Yeah you have emails, and PM's, but those are minor. I would be least worried about this site, and be more worried about your own safety and procedures.

I didn't have anything used against me from any forums when I got arrested, and they knew who the hell I was.

And I would say there is absolutely no way for them to be able to use it as evidence, as you can't directly put a face behind the computer on that account at that specific time and date. Not under any sworn oath and not waving any rights. And how can they take what you say to heart as truth?

Very interesting. Thanks for the discussion folks who contributed. I think as the internet matures this will become more commonplace and frightening. Imagine data technology that can trace you back to every word you ever typed on the internet, coupled with software designed to search that data for evidence of criminal activity or just about whatever.

To me this means basically two things,

1) Widespread decriminalization of drugs is urgently important.

2) I would hate to be running for a political office even just ten to twenty years from now.

And I would say there is absolutely no way for them to be able to use it as evidence, as you can't directly put a face behind the computer on that account at that specific time and date. Not under any sworn oath and not waving any rights. And how can they take what you say to heart as truth?

In the case which I spoke of, the posts weren't used as evidence, but as probable cause for a search warrant. There was no need to put a face behind the computer; there was only a need to show that a computer at a particular location was being used to post messages about illegal activity. Once that information was obtained, a few days of surveillance was all that was necessary to shore up the PC.