• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Pretty sure I got an NBOMe, but it tested purple with Ehrlich's reagent...

I still can't see why anyone with half a brain would think that an NBOMe would sufficiently substitute for LSD seeing as it's not orally active and I've never seem bunk lsd of this type before. Mind you, maybe in other places in the world, people are significantly more stupid.

They can pass it off because it only needs to be on your tongue for a few seconds to become active and LSD is obviously traditionally placed on the tongue so even if they swallow it immediately it will still be active its not like you can throw it down the back of your throat.

Metallic yes but that's not what OP said. He said bitter and numbing. LSD doesn't make your tongue go numb for a while in any situation, and there's no way you can mistake that with the distinct metallic taste some LSD has. It certainly doesn't linger and you need quite a bit of LSD for it to taste at all bitter. Indoles are found everywhere from vegetables to feces to dyes used in ink. That is why in my opinion something in the blotter / ink has caused a false reaction.

BS I hear that all the time it is just a myth about the ink. To actually have indoles that would trigger a purple reaction on a Ehrlich test would be pretty mind blowing don't you think?

Metallic taste is commonly mistaken for an NBOME bitter taste, people are usually so worried about a taste anything can make them think it is NBOME

Last edited:
Though I don't have experience with the specific testing method you used, I think its safe to say you have an ergoline. Whether it's LSD-25 or ALD-52 is what the question would seem to me. I know ALD-52 had seen a huge rise before I had somewhat stepped back from the psychedelic community 6 months ago. ALD-52 always has a metallic/bitter taste in my experience. What was weird is even if I stuck the ALD-52 in the freezer for a day, it would still be warm upon touching the mouth. It is very similar to LSD, but is more tuned to happy-gears than acid and has a very lovely body high. I find LSD-25 invigorating, inspiring, zany, motivating and intelligent with pronounced visuals. I find ALD-52 relaxed, euphoric, with less depth and somewhat shroomy/watery .visuals.

I find NBOMe's to be STIMULATING, visual, and shallow.

LSD does have analgesic effects, and I've always noticed a tender/numbness sensation on the spot where tasteless LSD-25 was dropped as well.

They can pass it off because it only needs to be on your tongue for a few seconds to become active and LSD is obviously traditionally placed on the tongue so even if they swallow it immediately it will still be active its not like you can throw it down the back of your throat.

Even with HPBCD-complexing you still need about 20 minutes to get it fully absorbed. Maybe you'd reach somewhat of a trip at 5-10 minutes but a few seconds is nowhere near enough. If you continuously swallow your spit, like you can with LSD, then most people would have a hard time getting anywhere

But yeah agreed 100% on the taste thing. My first blotters came with a real shady story about some guy messing the laying process up which would somehow translate to highly dosed blotter, so I had them tested, but when I tried them it still tasted somewhat NBOMey. It was distinctly different but if you don't have a bunch of experience with NBOMes then it'd be easy to mistake it for that.

BS I hear that all the time it is just a myth about the ink. To actually have indoles that would trigger a purple reaction on a Ehrlich test would be pretty mind blowing don't you think?

Metallic taste is commonly mistaken for an NBOME bitter taste, people are usually so worried about a taste anything can make them think it is NBOME

Ehrlichs are designed to indicate indole moreso than differentiate from them. If it can catch just 50 mics of LSD why couldn't it catch indoles in the ink? OP said he had a faint pink reaction. There's no reason I'm aware of that an indole in the ink couldn't cause a faint pink reaction, unless you can name me one. A color change to ten minutes is not reliable, it is the initial reaction that is. Then he also said that it had a numbing and bitter taste from the blotter - not metallic - and the real kicker anyone familiar with NBOMe knows - the taste lingered for a long time. Have you ever had LSD blotter that fit all of those descriptions? Not me but every NBOMe blotter I've tried does. Then OP also said it didn't seem to last as long as LSD.

From all that's been said it's not conclusive. It just doesn't sound like LSD for the reasons I've stated. In any case trying to identify the substance does little for harm reduction and this site.

Last edited:
^^^^ You raise a decent point even tho I would trust an Ehrlich test over anything besides lab testing I am curious about one thing, I have seen several different blotters around that have a pink tone on the backside where the paper appeared to be white at one time, can anyone tell me why this is happening?

One time I got curious and went over to the Australian print thread and there was the popular Dancing Elephant print with a pink tone on each hit on the back, and according to them it was common with 25i-nbome prints. But I've also heard of LSD being stored for a long time, the backs will turn green much in the same way as those pink tones were on the 25i prints. No clue just feel like talking.

Another thing that confuses me with this thread - admittedly Ehrlichs aren't my area - OP says it wasn't until the third ampule was broken that he got a reaction. LSD typically will react when the second ampule is broken too, correct?

If it isn't AL-LAD, the most likely possibility in my opinion is that NBOMe was simply used as a "cut" when the blotter was lain, so it contains maybe 40 µg LSD and 200 µg 25I-NBOMe. This could be done without any intention to fool the Ehrlich reagent, if a dealer believed that they could stretch a vial and make double the money without anybody noticing. It's reasonably easy to imagine someone believing that a half-LSD tab would be mistaken by users for LSD -- it probably would in many cases -- and it's also probably not very hard for them to do it.

sekio said:
ALD would react with Ehrlich exactly the same as LSD would.
I'm inclined to doubt this. I had understood that the Ehrlich reagent mechanism depends on reaction with the indole nitrogen, which in the case of ALD-52 is protected by an acetyl group. So ALD-52 should give no reaction with the Ehrlich.

Bumping an old thread. I recently had some blotter acid (classic Hoffmann bicycle print) which was GC/MS and LC/MS tested by Energy Control in Spain, and found to contain 1.86mg of DOC.

I tested half a tab with EZ test's Ehrlichs, and the blotter produced a very pale pink (with perhaps an orange overtone) after a few minutes. Looked very close to the bottom end of the provided EZ test colour scale.

A second blotter from a different batch (Avatar print) also lab tested, shown to be 30mcg LSD + 10mcg iso-LSD, half tab when tested with Ehrlichs produced much more purple colour, and more rapidly - closer to the top of the EZ scale.

Wondering what might be causing the DOC to show the pink/orange colour?

EDIT - looking at the wrong vial!

Last edited: