• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Pressed Pharm Pills. Yay or Nay?

Delusional Thomas

Bluelighter
So I understand that many people are 100% against (fake/pressed) pharmaceutical pills. But I'm wondering how many people are perfectly fine with them as long as they test properly and give you the desired effects. It seems like the main problem (assuming it's pressed with the correct drug) is dosage consistency. Some are too weak, which sucks. And some are too strong, which is awesome or dangerous depending on tolerance and how much you take.

I'd just like to hear if anybody has any good or bad press experiences to share.

It seems like the main problem (assuming it's pressed with the correct drug) is dosage consistency.

Are you talking about opioids or benzos?

Because opioid pills are *never* pressed with the correct drug, unless that drug is "fentanyl".

Are you talking about opioids or benzos?

Because opioid pills are *never* pressed with the correct drug, unless that drug is "fentanyl".
Either. I heard people were pressing benzos with fentanyl too. I've only had questionable looking benzos and always test for fentanyl first.

I've heard of people getting pressed oxy's that didn't test positive for fent. And I've also heard of people selling oxycodone power for the sole purpose of making presses. I can't speak from experience as any pain killer I've taken was my prescription or from a close/trusted source and I literally see their bottle with their name on it.

I've heard of people getting pressed oxy's that didn't test positive for fent. And I've also heard of people selling oxycodone power for the sole purpose of making presses.

I would expect (real) oxycodone powder to be exceedingly rare, seeing as how it requires an actual opiate (thebaine) as its precursor. Far easier to just mix up some fentanyl and fillers and sell it as "oxycodone powder".

And not testing positive for fent doesn't automatically imply it is real oxycodone either.

While fentanyl is clearly the most popular choice due to its extreme potency, a number of synthetic opioids have been re-discovered by dodgy RC vendors - Prince, for example, had the synthetic opioid U47700 (roughly 7 times as potent as morphine) in his system when he died, which he had apparently ingested in the form of counterfeit pain pills.

I would expect (real) oxycodone powder to be exceedingly rare, seeing as how it requires an actual opiate (thebaine) as its precursor. Far easier to just mix up some fentanyl and fillers and sell it as "oxycodone powder".

And not testing positive for fent doesn't automatically imply it is real oxycodone either.

While fentanyl is clearly the most popular choice due to its extreme potency, a number of synthetic opioids have been re-discovered by dodgy RC vendors - Prince, for example, had the synthetic opioid U47700 (roughly 7 times as potent as morphine) in his system when he died, which he had apparently ingested in the form of counterfeit pain pills.
Maybe I worded something wrong in my original post. I understand that there's a lot of terrible fake shit being sold out there. And the majority of it may be pressed with something undesirable. But my question was referring to pressed pills that actually test positive for the desired drug and negative for the undesirable ones. Not just negative for fentanyl specifically with no further testing.

Just curious as to how this works - is a 'pressed' pill always one which is made illicitly as opposed to those which are bought in like a blister pack? Cheers.

well then. i'm super surprised to read about this as i was gonna be ordering u47700 at some point in the future to try out which it intrigued me because i thought it might be my light at the end of the tunnel to wean me down off what i'm on now
Just curious as to how this works - is a 'pressed' pill always one which is made illicitly as opposed to those which are bought in like a blister pack? Cheers.
a pressed pill is a pill thats simply powder, poured into a metal *most are metal* that have a certain pills or brands mark, second piece put ontop of the powder and screwed down and let to sit for awhile, unscrewed and you then are left with what looks like whatever pill its sposed to be, don't use pressed pills as you NEVER know whats in them, yeah sure they can actually be made with whatever substance because they do sell persay xanax powder and whatnot, but its not worth the risk, you can for example buy 100 xanax bars that're pressed and 1 of them'll be fent and well you know

well then. i'm super surprised to read about this as i was gonna be ordering u47700 at some point in the future to try out which it intrigued me because i thought it might be my light at the end of the tunnel to wean me down off what i'm on now

a pressed pill is a pill thats simply powder, poured into a metal *most are metal* that have a certain pills or brands mark, second piece put ontop of the powder and screwed down and let to sit for awhile, unscrewed and you then are left with what looks like whatever pill its sposed to be, don't use pressed pills as you NEVER know whats in them, yeah sure they can actually be made with whatever substance because they do sell persay xanax powder and whatnot, but its not worth the risk, you can for example buy 100 xanax bars that're pressed and 1 of them'll be fent and well you know
I only ever buy benzos in packaging cos yeah I don't trust that shit to not have been made in someone's garage otherwise lol...just doesn't sit right with me.

sure they can actually be made with whatever substance because they do sell persay xanax powder and whatnot, but its not worth the risk, you can for example buy 100 xanax bars that're pressed and 1 of them'll be fent and well you know
This is a legitimate concern. Because nobody is going to take the time to test every single bar. I'd also be concerned because who's to say each square of the bar is evenly dosed with .5mg or that the entire bar may be more than 2mg. I've seen 2mg pressed regular 2mg Xanax bars advertised on the DM's as containing 4mg. And if buyers planned to resell them, they could be seriously fucking people up. Even without fentanyl being involved.

This is a legitimate concern. Because nobody is going to take the time to test every single bar. I'd also be concerned because who's to say each square of the bar is evenly dosed with .5mg or that the entire bar may be more than 2mg. I've seen 2mg pressed regular 2mg Xanax bars advertised on the DM's as containing 4mg. And if buyers planned to resell them, they could be seriously fucking people up. Even without fentanyl being involved.
i mean, at 4mg no one's gonna die but of course some people like to take 10-20 at a time, but i've always been baffled when people don't take a test bit (trying one before going for it and even nowadays thats probably unsafe cause of fent, but i've read of fake fent pills usually having lower doses but still enough to definately kill someone naive with opiates raising even more concern because it really suck thats my cardinal drug rule of 'you can always take more but never less' only applies to what you know is genuine too nowadays

i mean, at 4mg no one's gonna die but of course some people like to take 10-20 at a time, but i've always been baffled when people don't take a test bit (trying one before going for it and even nowadays thats probably unsafe cause of fent, but i've read of fake fent pills usually having lower doses but still enough to definately kill someone naive with opiates raising even more concern because it really suck thats my cardinal drug rule of 'you can always take more but never less' only applies to what you know is genuine too nowadays
Very good points. I'm more paranoid about fentanyl than anything else these days. Even though I've taken small amounts before. But I actually knew I was taking it. And I probably wouldn't try it again... It just terrifies me that people are unknowingly taking that shit and dying at an insane rate. :(

I seriously doubt you're going to find any real U-47700 at this point.

The stuff has been banned in much of the Western world for roughly 3 years, and it's even been banned in China (where most of it came from) for over two years. Consequently, there is little interest in either producing or importing the drug, when it carries the same legal risk as the 10-times-as-potent fentanyl.

At best you might find one of its analogues (ex.: U-48800, U-49900, isopropyl-U-47700). The U-xxxxx series of opioids was never all that popular anyway, since they were extremely harsh on the veins, and would cause unpleasant side-effects due to their action at the kappa opioid receptor.

I seriously doubt you're going to find any real U-47700 at this point.

The stuff has been banned in much of the Western world for roughly 3 years, and it's even been banned in China (where most of it came from) for over two years. Consequently, there is little interest in either producing or importing the drug, when it carries the same legal risk as the 10-times-as-potent fentanyl.

At best you might find one of its analogues (ex.: U-48800, U-49900, isopropyl-U-47700). The U-xxxxx series of opioids was never all that popular anyway, since they were extremely harsh on the veins, and would cause unpleasant side-effects due to their action at the kappa opioid receptor.
They just aren't that good

Either. I heard people were pressing benzos with fentanyl too. I've only had questionable looking benzos and always test for fentanyl first.

I've heard of people getting pressed oxy's that didn't test positive for fent. And I've also heard of people selling oxycodone power for the sole purpose of making presses. I can't speak from experience as any pain killer I've taken was my prescription or from a close/trusted source and I literally see their bottle with their name on it.
I highly doubt that oxycodone powder is being sold for the purpose of ppl pressing it into pills themselves. It would be a 1in a million thing.
so it will never happen.if u can get oc powder in its pure form u would press it into pills yourself.only way to get it is extract from pills,synth it from thebaine (it'll never happen)
orc codeine (possible but rare),grow poppy's yourself and extract AND seperate thebaine and codeine from the other alkaloids then synth it,find some opium manufacturers and ask them to separate thebaine and codeine from the rest and sell it to you then synth it or steal it from a pharmaceutical company that presses oxy into pills (someone stole 76kg of codeine from a factory once in Sydney which could have been cooked into oxy or desomorphine or hydrocodone but that's wishful thinking probably just sold as is to junkies or used to cut heroin).so take these facts into account and then tell me it's being sold for pressing into pills to ppl who if they could get it pure would want to keep it that way.

As I prefer fent to h and prefer h to pharms (except maybe oxymorphone), I have no problem with presses.

I hate Xanax presses though. Here in SF on the off chance that they contain a benzo, it’s not usually alprazolam. I stick with kpin now (slightly cheaper, better duration and they’re all legitimate rx pills, at least here they are).

I highly doubt a normal person could acquire “oxycodone powder.” I doubt even the cartels can acquire it.

I think fent is remarkably similar to fent, especially when you have a tolerance. They both have a slightly stimulating edge, no “heaviness,” and enhanced sociability and a reduction in inhibitions and anxiety (with that last effect only really in those without a tolerance).

I highly doubt that oxycodone powder is being sold for the purpose of ppl pressing it into pills themselves. It would be a 1in a million thing.
so it will never happen.if u can get oc powder in its pure form u would press it into pills yourself.only way to get it is extract from pills,synth it from thebaine (it'll never happen)
orc codeine (possible but rare),grow poppy's yourself and extract AND seperate thebaine and codeine from the other alkaloids then synth it,find some opium manufacturers and ask them to separate thebaine and codeine from the rest and sell it to you then synth it or steal it from a pharmaceutical company that presses oxy into pills (someone stole 76kg of codeine from a factory once in Sydney which could have been cooked into oxy or desomorphine or hydrocodone but that's wishful thinking probably just sold as is to junkies or used to cut heroin).so take these facts into account and then tell me it's being sold for pressing into pills to ppl who if they could get it pure would want to keep it that way.
I'm not saying I know for a fact that it is being done, I said this is what I've heard. I've heard people say they had (very obviously) pressed pills that tested positive for oxy. According to people in this thread, they were probably lying. I'm willing to accept that. My intention for this thread was to get opinions on presses and get a better understanding about what's actually out there.

As I prefer fent to h and prefer h to pharms (except maybe oxymorphone), I have no problem with presses.

I hate Xanax presses though. Here in SF on the off chance that they contain a benzo, it’s not usually alprazolam. I stick with kpin now (slightly cheaper, better duration and they’re all legitimate rx pills, at least here they are).

I highly doubt a normal person could acquire “oxycodone powder.” I doubt even the cartels can acquire it.

I think fent is remarkably similar to fent, especially when you have a tolerance. They both have a slightly stimulating edge, no “heaviness,” and enhanced sociability and a reduction in inhibitions and anxiety (with that last effect only really in those without a tolerance).
What benzo do you suspect they're using in those Xanax presses? I've seen alprazolam powder for sale online. Both on DN markets and from China. But who knows if that's what you're really getting. It's my understanding that it would be very difficult to test for alprazolam specifically.

I'm not saying I know for a fact that it is being done, I said this is what I've heard. I've heard people say they had (very obviously) pressed pills that tested positive for oxy. According to people in this thread, they were probably lying. I'm willing to accept that. My intention for this thread was to get opinions on presses and get a better understanding about what's actually out there.

What benzo do you suspect they're using in those Xanax presses? I've seen alprazolam powder for sale online. Both on DN markets and from China. But who knows if that's what you're really getting. It's my understanding that it would be very difficult to test for alprazolam specifically.
i can confirm i've purchased alprazolam bags of powder in the past but i won't go into detail. so it is entirely possible, but i never pressed them anyways notgonna get into it

I've had fake Xanax once that had nothing in them they were fake 2mg bars and I've had fake Xanax capsules that were in a Xanax bottle and were black and yellow like real Xanax capsules but contained a different benzo and I suspect a disassociative in tiny doses that if u stayed awake on them didn't seem to do much but I went to sleep for a few hrs on one once and when I woke up I didn't know where I was for about 5mins as I was tripping out in my own k hole like effect but it wasn't like a k hole and that never happens.i think it might have been diphenidine or mxe mixed in with them or something in small amounts.it was weird definitely not a benzo effect.and the disso effect only happened for a few minutes maybe 2-15 mins long when waking up on these things.

I've had fake Xanax once that had nothing in them they were fake 2mg bars and I've had fake Xanax capsules that were in a Xanax bottle and were black and yellow like real Xanax capsules but contained a different benzo and I suspect a disassociative in tiny doses that if u stayed awake on them didn't seem to do much but I went to sleep for a few hrs on one once and when I woke up I didn't know where I was for about 5mins as I was tripping out in my own k hole like effect but it wasn't like a k hole and that never happens.i think it might have been diphenidine or mxe mixed in with them or something in small amounts.it was weird definitely not a benzo effect.and the disso effect only happened for a few minutes maybe 2-15 mins long when waking up on these things.
god i hate the lowlife street dealers that do anything to make a buck :/ even though they pretty much are all exactly that even the best ones that you can trust with your life will take your soul if you let them, i've always luckily had access to benzos whenever i need them so i consider myself fortunate, i remember buying 100 2mg xans in a fresh new sealed bottle for 60 bucks from a family friend that would doctor shop and i cant figure out to this day how he would get them to dispense over 800 2mg bars it doesn't fucking make sense to me that he'd technically have a dose of 26 bars/day lel. but he's passed on now so i'll never discover the secret behind that, i can say his only negative about his person was shooting way too much cocaine everyday for decades that ended in his demise and just didn't listen to me when i told him to take a break for a few days and take some of the speed i was dispensing at the time and therfore 4 days later he was dead which i only found out 2 weeks later, but life moves on with or without us and everyone else so never forget to make the best of everything, good or bad :)

What benzo do you suspect they're using in those Xanax presses?

From what I've read, many do indeed contain real alprazolam, but it is also common to find etizolam, an Asian pharma benzo* sold as an RC in the West, which has similar effects to alprazolam (indeed etizolam is now getting federally scheduled because it's been found in so many presses, so it might become rarer in the future).

Other popular RC benzos that are turning up in these presses include clonazolam, diclazepam and flualprazolam (which is also about be scheduled).

*technically etizolam is a thienodiazepine not a benzodiazepine, but their structures and effects are so similar that they are generally referred to under the umbrella term "benzos".