• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Preparing LSD for Injection?

LSD is not even close to as fragile as you’re assuming. Hand oils can degrade it over day months/years but definitely won’t happen in seconds.

Bioavailability research shows LSD is highly bioavailable via many routes. Which indicates both very little degradation before it reaches the brain but also very little need to IV it.

Bioavailability is 71% orally, very high. This is probably more like 80-90% sublingually.

-GC
All I know is anytime I touched my tabs with my fingers the trip was always disappointingly weak even with 3+ hits,

once I started using tweezers never had that problem unless I got some singles from someone else who wasn't so meticulous with handling their blotter

Also More of a substance entering the bloodstream at a faster rate leads to a higher blood plasma level,

A higher concentration in the blood leads to more of the substance crossing the blood brain barrier, this means that More of the drug reaches more receptors in the brain at a quicker rate,

More of the drug reaching more receptors at a faster rate means that more of the drug can reach brain receptors before downregulation can occur resulting in a greater increase in activity than the 10%-30% the difference in bioavailability would seem to illustrate,

so while only 10-30% more will reach the brain the subjective experience can still be increased moreso than that, in my experience i believe about twice as strong

The more you can get into your body before your body freaks out and says "AHHH THERE'S TOO MUCH OF THIS SUBSTANCE!!!" the more intense the trip

Think about it taking a dose and then redosing an hour or two later does not have nearly the same punch as just taking both doses initially, the same theory can be applied to the first molecules entering your system when you first put that dose under your tongue as compared to the final molecules still being absorbed an hour later

Last edited:
Bioavailability is 71% orally, very high. This is probably more like 80-90% sublingually.
A 20% difference, that's the difference between 4 and 5 tabs which with LSD's dose-response curve you'd be amazed how differently these two doses can feel when taken orally, and then when you consider with more molecules hitting more receptors faster before downregulation can occur will result in an even bigger difference between the two doses if you've IVed it

and while one of the usual downsides of injecting a substance is that it lasts considerably less time before it runs its course, with acid thats not an issue the trip lasts just as long with out that first half hour of wondering if you got sold bunk doses while you wait for the L to take hold

LSD is precious and not always plentiful so I like to stretch what I have as far as I can, I hate to run out and wanna get the most bang for my buck especially since I'm so poor and can think of much better uses for that extra money than wasting it on a less efficient ROA, but for you moneybanks who can afford to spend an additional 10%-30% for the same amount of trips, power to ya, wish I could afford the difference

Also IV is the only route that will produce the most consistent results across trials, for any other ROA there are so many factors that come into play that will effect how much actually gets to the bloodstream, (ph, enzymes, etc...) but when you IV it then it's all getting there and although differences in blood chemistry will affect what gets to the brain at least you've been able to eliminate the most of the uncontrollable variables, so you can be more accurate and/or precise

I've also noticed less of a body load when I inject it, especially with the nausea and the feelings in my chest that makes smoking more difficult

A 20% difference, that's the difference between 4 and 5 tabs which with LSD's dose-response curve you'd be amazed how differently these two doses can feel when taken orally, and then when you consider with more molecules hitting more receptors faster before downregulation can occur will result in an even bigger difference between the two doses if you've IVed it

and while one of the usual downsides of injecting a substance is that it lasts considerably less time before it runs its course, with acid thats not an issue the trip lasts just as long with out that first half hour of wondering if you got sold bunk doses while you wait for the L to take hold

LSD is precious and not always plentiful so I like to stretch what I have as far as I can, I hate to run out and wanna get the most bang for my buck especially since I'm so poor and can think of much better uses for that extra money than wasting it on a less efficient ROA, but for you moneybanks who can afford to spend an additional 10%-30% for the same amount of trips, power to ya, wish I could afford the difference

Also IV is the only route that will produce the most consistent results across trials, for any other ROA there are so many factors that come into play that will effect how much actually gets to the bloodstream, (ph, enzymes, etc...) but when you IV it then it's all getting there and although differences in blood chemistry will affect what gets to the brain at least you've been able to eliminate the most of the uncontrollable variables, so you can be more accurate and/or precise

I've also noticed less of a body load when I inject it, especially with the nausea and the feelings in my chest that makes smoking more difficult

Yes I’m mister money bags, I like to “waste” 20% more LSD to avoid IV complications such as abscesses, internal infections, and the possibility of becoming addicted to using this route with other drugs.

No it is not “twice as potent” have you read any LSD IV reports?? They all say the same thing, it’s not worth the trouble. I wouldn’t be saying it if it wasn’t well tried by many others already.

Also who in the hell takes 4-5 doses?!? The LSD I get, you take 1/2 to 1, 2 if you want to go way out there. So I’m using maybe $1 worth of LSD more than you via sublingually.. Normally I don’t talk prices but I feel for sake of harm reduction it’s important here. There’s no excuse to waste one’s veins of physical health to squeeze out a little more bioavailability from a drug that’s frankly cheap and plentiful these days.

This is probably the cheapest per dose drug you can find. We aren’t talking heroin here where it’s price, rarity and bioavailability make it something you want to cherish every milligram.

-GC

150µ I.M.
He had his reason

And for those insisting on I.V. acid, just get liquid and add to tiny amount of water.

LSD is not even close to as fragile as you’re assuming. Hand oils can degrade it over day months/years but definitely won’t happen in seconds.

Bioavailability research shows LSD is highly bioavailable via many routes. Which indicates both very little degradation before it reaches the brain but also very little need to IV it.

-GC
Oh really? I always put acid under my tongue because that’s where drugs go in my mouth… so I’m having slightly stronger trips because of this? Does this hold true for tryptamines? Though with those I prefer they go down the hatch…

Yes I’m mister money bags, I like to “waste” 20% more LSD to avoid IV complications such as abscesses, internal infections, and the possibility of becoming addicted to using this route with other drugs.
Well as I said power to you, you're one of the lucky ones I guess but as for me i'm not so lucky in that regard, you don't have to shit on me cause I don't have the same available resources as you and want to get the most out of what I can from what I can afford

personally it's worth it to me especially now that I'm down to my last 5 hits and have no clue where to find any more

No it is not “twice as potent” have you read any LSD IV reports?? They all say the same thing, it’s not worth the trouble. I wouldn’t be saying it if it wasn’t well tried by many others already.
I've read plenty of reports all saying all sorts of conflicting shit and so I decided to do my own experiments and share my conclusions, sorry you don't agree based on your heresay

Cause unless you actually tried it you're basically calling me a liar when you have no first hand experience but I guess "Timmy said so" so it must be true

Also who in the hell takes 4-5 doses?!? The LSD I get, you take 1/2 to 1, 2 if you want to go way out there. So I’m using maybe $1 worth of LSD more than you via sublingually.. Normally I don’t talk prices but I feel for sake of harm reduction it’s important here. There’s no excuse to waste one’s veins of physical health to squeeze out a little more bioavailability from a drug that’s frankly cheap and plentiful these days
For someone who's read so many experience reports LSD is highly documented to be taken in massive doses(dropping ten strips, fingerprinting, etc...)

This is probably the cheapest per dose drug you can find. We aren’t talking heroin here where it’s price, rarity and bioavailability make it something you want to cherish every milligram.
Plenty of RCs that are cheaper

I'd gladly trade a milligram of heroin for a milligram of LSD anyday

And heroin is everywhere but I haven't found anyone with Acid in years

Well as I said power to you, you're one of the lucky ones I guess but as for me i'm not so lucky in that regard, you don't have to shit on me cause I don't have the same available resources as you and want to get the most out of what I can from what I can afford

personally it's worth it to me especially now that I'm down to my last 5 hits and have no clue where to find any more

I've read plenty of reports all saying all sorts of conflicting shit and so I decided to do my own experiments and share my conclusions, sorry you don't agree based on your heresay

Cause unless you actually tried it you're basically calling me a liar when you have no first hand experience but I guess "Timmy said so" so it must be true

For someone who's read so many experience reports LSD is highly documented to be taken in massive doses(dropping ten strips, fingerprinting, etc...)

Plenty of RCs that are cheaper

I'd gladly trade a milligram of heroin for a milligram of LSD anyday

And heroin is everywhere but I haven't found anyone with Acid in years

I’m not supposed to believe the other 20 reports I read because you, just you, say it’s twice as potent? I’m a numbers guy. If I start to see more than just a single report speaking of double the potency I’ll give it some attention.

I’m sorry you can’t find LSD right now. At the end of the day I don’t care if it’s the rarest drug in your list of drugs to seek out, IV is not worth it. I know IV well enough to know the risks involved. Especially for folks like psychedelics users with possibly zero experience using intravenous route, it’s ill advised.

There’s no scenario that makes it a viable option from my point of view.

-GC

I wonder why Huxley asked for I.M. at his deathbed. I guess because he was unable to swallow as he wrote it on paper..

Some people just drop it in the eyes, that seems to make the comeup alot shorter.
But probably not very nice if its mixed with high proof alcohol.
Why would you dissolve it in alcohol? You don't need to.

LSD is soluble in water at 7 mg per milliliter, that's 7,000 mcg/ml. 35,000 mcg per teaspoon.

I’m not supposed to believe the other 20 reports I read because you, just you, say it’s twice as potent? I’m a numbers guy. If I start to see more than just a single report speaking of double the potency I’ll give it some attention.

I’m sorry you can’t find LSD right now. At the end of the day I don’t care if it’s the rarest drug in your list of drugs to seek out, IV is not worth it. I know IV well enough to know the risks involved. Especially for folks like psychedelics users with possibly zero experience using intravenous route, it’s ill advised.

There’s no scenario that makes it a viable option from my point of view.

-GC
I just don't appreciate fearmongering from someone who hasn't experienced it,

you say "no it isnt" as if you are the absolute final authority on what is true when in reality there's only a general consensus amongst a handful of posts, could easily just be one butthurt jerk with multiple accounts who has a prejudice against needles

Meanwhile im speaking from my own personal experiences and experiment, you have no say what happened during my experience

Ive taken one tab from this batch on multiple occasions sublingually and each time it was a disappointingly weak trip for me yet one tab from this same batch injected left me surprisingly satisfied, almost tripping too hard for what I had to do that day

I then use logic and reason to provide a rationale to scientifically back my claim

But you just come back all "that's not what they said" when most of those reports are shoddy at best and in my opinion skewed by bias

Well I don't care what they said I care about sharing my findings with the community

or should I just not share my opinion if it's contrary to popular belief

Why would you dissolve it in alcohol? You don't need to.

LSD is soluble in water at 7 mg per milliliter, that's 7,000 mcg/ml. 35,000 mcg per teaspoon.
LSD is more stable in alcohol
Per dose? Really?
Easily especially in bulk quantities at least they were 5-10 years ago when I used to dabble, before my parents lost the house and I started living on the streets

Easily especially in bulk quantities at least they were 5-10 years ago when I used to dabble, before my parents lost the house and I started living on the streets
Even if you're buying bulk quantities of LSD?

"Urine fortified with LSD and stored in amber glass or nontransparent polyethylene containers showed no change in concentration under any light conditions."

That was after 4 weeks.

"Urine fortified with LSD and stored in amber glass or nontransparent polyethylene containers showed no change in concentration under any light conditions."

That was after 4 weeks.

Urine?

What about visine or icy breath containers?

What if you're trying to store it for years?

Alcohol also aids in permeating the mucosal membrane more quickly

Alcohol also protects against bacterial and fungal growth

Last edited:
At reasonable bulk quantities, I haven't found anything that's under a dollar per dose.
I've never found acid that cheap, if I could I'd be living a much better life right now

Bur chances are if it is that cheap then it's an RC being passed off as acid

I haven't heard of acid that cheap since anecdotal reports from the nineties