View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Preparing LSD for Injection?

Youngin

Bluelighter
No idea how to do this properly, i know people that have done it some sketchy ways but 'im looking for the
proper way.

Just search this site, you'll find a lot of information about 'proper' preparations (no way to do it proper without a suited lab) for various drugs. Best to absorb as much general information concerning injections and sterile techniques as possible.
Do you have experience with these methods of administration?

Why do want to do this? What are the advantages and are they worth the possible risk of serious health problems?
Also important is the form in which you get the drug (blotter, liquid, solid?).

I personally don't see any reasons to inject LSD. It's very effective and potent orally, for most people the come up is smooth and largely free of side effects. The duration isn't overly long either.

Hope you take this decision serious.

The above poster said almost everything that ought to be said from a HR perspective. Kudos to him or her.

LSD has little advantages when IV'd or IM'd; oral bioavailability is nearly 100 percent. I don't know if it would give you a 'rush' of sorts, but injecting LSD doesn't sound like a smart way to go rush searching anyway. If you don't mind my asking, are you simply curious or do you plan to do this?

Im talking about like the next time i get a vial im trying to bang some to see what its like hahaha. My buddys done it and he ate that shit up, absolutely loved it, tripped his dick off. Im just looking for the safest most sterile way to do it.

This is more just curiosity speaking:)

The above poster said almost everything that ought to be said from a HR perspective. Kudos to him or her.

LSD has little advantages when IV'd or IM'd; oral bioavailability is nearly 100 percent. I don't know if it would give you a 'rush' of sorts, but injecting LSD doesn't sound like a smart way to go rush searching anyway. If you don't mind my asking, are you simply curious or do you plan to do this?
Near 100 percent bioavailability is what I thought (and told people) until a much larger thread like this popped up with a study indicating LSD is partially destroyed by first pass metabolism like most other psychedelics (I think posted by fastandbulbous). So any spit you swallow holding a blotter in your mouth has lesser potency. I don't remember the title of the thread, unfortunately. It's true that even IVing it won't change much about the subjective experience. The only difference is (variably) greater potency and shorter onset time, but it's nothing like a psychedelic "flash" or "rush," so there's not much of a point given rectal would have similar potency increasing advantages with less prep time and risk. I presume the easiest way to get a little bit more out of your LSD if it's on blotter or other media is to soak whatever it's in inside the barrel of a water-filled oral syringe for a while and send it up your butt (maybe cut up the blotter so the whole mess goes up if you're that determined to get everything). You could probably liberally lube up a blotter (so there's something for the L to diffuse into) and just go straight up, too. Watch those corners, though -- you wouldn't want a paper cut.

A diffrent friend of mine Plugged a 10 strip(he got the 10strip for free as part of a dare) during a trip in the Carolinas... Ive never really had intrest in sticking anything up my ass.....

But yea sn23 imma take ur advice and not IV it

Good decision. And plugging is basically pointless. LSD is just as potent orally. So unless you enjoy having drugs up your ass for some reason (hey, I don't judge) there's really no point.

I mean, injecting LSD at all is like injecting a drug into your neck rather than your arm because you want a better rush. Pointless and dangerous.

Good decision. And plugging is basically pointless. LSD is just as potent orally.
What? No it's not. That was the whole point of my post about that study indicating LSD is partially destroyed by first pass metabolism like most other drugs. Plugging is justified. Yep, if you count yourself amongst the rational and sexually secure of humanity you must stick that square of paper up your butt. What are you waiting for? Call your friends, shout it out the windows, spread the word!

What? No it's not. That was the whole point of my post about that study indicating LSD is partially destroyed by first pass metabolism like most other drugs. Plugging is justified. Yep, if you count yourself amongst the rational and sexually secure of humanity you must stick that square of paper up your butt. What are you waiting for? Call your friends, shout it out the windows, spread the word!

Optimally the LSD doesn't even get to your stomach. If done properly it is all absorbed while in your mouth. There's a reason people don't just swallow blotters (and it has nothing to do with time releasing or something).

^Well, yeah. That's what I was sayin' about swallowing spit before. But you're gonna swallow spit. You're gonna lose some.

I guess the take away message is that really enlightened hardcore acidheads don't do thumb prints, they crumple up a sheet of L into a jagged little ball and jam it up into their guts like true men of science.

crumpled_paper.gif

Haha psood0nym, had a good laugh :D

As LSD is metabolised in the liver it makes perfect sense to me (though my knowledge of metabolism of xenobiotic substances is at best rudimentary at this point) that a part of the dose is inactivated before/while distribution into the body occurs. But is the difference in bioavailability significantly noticeable (and can't be attributed to set/setting)?
Thanks for bringing this up. Have to search for this thread you mentioned, my interest is sparked.

But is the difference in bioavailability significantly noticeable (and can't be attributed to set/setting)?
Thanks for bringing this up. Have to search for this thread you mentioned, my interest is sparked.
I suppose it'll depend on how much you salivate, where you hold the blotter in your mouth, how much you swallow, etc. There's no way to reliably quantify it. If you hold a blotter on the roof of your mouth constantly for 15 minutes or so to avoid saliva, maybe move your tongue around, I doubt there will be much difference. Then again, you can just shove it in your ass and forget it. Of course it's true that rational and sexually secure people shouldn't hesitate to stuff something in their butt if they're willing to snort or inject as well (I just find it funny that that's the inescapable truth given how tight assed people are about the deed, and I laugh at how people go out of there way, in all sorts of subtle or not-so-subtle ways, to mention publicly that they haven't done it or don't want to hear any indication that others do it [the way they obliviously show how scared they are of their own assholes])... but yeah, realistically I can't imagine much difference if you're cautious about the way you hold it in your mouth.

Last edited:
If you're gonna plug it make sure to use gloves since the oils on your fingers can destroy some of the acid,

actually on that note the oils on your asshole will also affect potency so the syringe route would be the best route to avoid any loss of potency,

although lsd is a very fragile molecule so who knows what it might react with while it's up there which would also affect potency

Really the only way to make sure it all gets in your blood stream is to IV it,

liquid obviously works best but if your L is dissolved in an alcohol solution you should dilute it with bottled DISTILLED water

if you only have blotter I've found it works considerably better if you squeeze the tab with some tweezers when you're soaking it in the water

Although I saw someone suggest putting the tab directly in the syringe for plugging purposes, don't see why this wouldn't work IV as well unless the paper completely clogs up the needle on ya

Some people just drop it in the eyes, that seems to make the comeup alot shorter.
But probably not very nice if its mixed with high proof alcohol.

Ever since my heroin and coke IVing days I don’t shoot anything anymore. I could see maybe a pure source of ketamine but other than that I’m cool on IV shit.

I haven’t IVd drugs in years and am glad I got away from that shit. Nasty habit I had for years. Hell, my dumb ass was using vinegar to break down crack so I could inject it and my veins turned like solid for awhile. Well they felt solid. Apparently it’s not good to inject acids in your blood like I did because it changes the ph of your blood.

I’m not saying that as a reference for lsd but for real acids.

If you're gonna plug it make sure to use gloves since the oils on your fingers can destroy some of the acid,

actually on that note the oils on your asshole will also affect potency so the syringe route would be the best route to avoid any loss of potency,

although lsd is a very fragile molecule so who knows what it might react with while it's up there which would also affect potency

Really the only way to make sure it all gets in your blood stream is to IV it,

liquid obviously works best but if your L is dissolved in an alcohol solution you should dilute it with bottled DISTILLED water

if you only have blotter I've found it works considerably better if you squeeze the tab with some tweezers when you're soaking it in the water

Although I saw someone suggest putting the tab directly in the syringe for plugging purposes, don't see why this wouldn't work IV as well unless the paper completely clogs up the needle on ya

LSD is not even close to as fragile as you’re assuming. Hand oils can degrade it over day months/years but definitely won’t happen in seconds.

Bioavailability research shows LSD is highly bioavailable via many routes. Which indicates both very little degradation before it reaches the brain but also very little need to IV it.

Bioavailability is 71% orally, very high. This is probably more like 80-90% sublingually.

-GC