• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Preparing LSD for Injection?

Urine?

What about visine or icy breath containers?

What if you're trying to store it for years?

Alcohol also aids in permeating the mucosal membrane more quickly

Alcohol also protects against bacterial and fungal growth
My point was that it didn't degrade after 4 weeks in basically water.

Can you actually provide any scientific evidence that it's more stable in 25% alcohol or even 40% alcohol.

Temperature and light are the two bad actors with respect to degradation of LSD.

If you want to store it for a while, store it as the salt of tartaric acid wrapped up away from oxygen in a ziploc baggie in the freezer.

My point was that it didn't degrade after 4 weeks in basically water.

Can you actually provide any scientific evidence that it's more stable in 25% alcohol or even 40% alcohol.

Temperature and light are the two bad actors with respect to degradation of LSD.

If you want to store it for a while, store it as the salt of tartaric acid wrapped up away from oxygen in a ziploc baggie in the freezer.
Nope can't find any other scientific studies on the subject however water is more amenable to foreign invaders which could be harmful to the LSD

I did find something that said ALD-52 and 1p-LSD will convert into LSD in the presense of methanol

so there is a point for storing it in methanol, if it's not actually acid and it's one of these 2 analogs then at least they'll hydrolyze into the real deal

And I know im about to hear "oh no methanol that's poisonous do you want to go blind?" But a drop or two ain't gonna hurt ya or drop in on some blotter and let it evaporate

I've shot LSD IV. Its been years, but I did it probably about 3-4 times. Soaked a blotter (and more) in warm water, stirred, and boom. Not very smart.

It's absolutely, positively, not worth doing. I was shooting dope every day at the time, so it was sort of a "why not" kind of thing to try.

I'm not going to do a trip report, but it pretty much put me onto an immediate peak. There was ZERO rush of any kind. I would say shooting a single tab was the equivalent of taking less than 1.5 tabs orally. I'd prefer the 1.5 orally very much, it lasts longer, feels just as, if not more potent, and I don't have to take the ridiculous risks of injection. It also completely ruins any come up, period. I find that I really enjoy feeling the drug take effect, and that is completely missed via injection. It's just straight peak tripping, and is nothing more than a come down from then on. The "wavy" aspect of the trip is removed for me.

For real, it's just not worth it. Not only do you not get much additional benefit, you take risks every time you use a needle, and I feel like it diminishes the effects in a lot of ways.

Why would you dissolve it in alcohol? You don't need to.

LSD is soluble in water at 7 mg per milliliter, that's 7,000 mcg/ml. 35,000 mcg per teaspoon.

I would never use only water but only because of germs, yeah I know they wont start developing (significantly) in distilled water but why risk? But I would also never use methanol, only plain ethanol or water with a bit of ethanol.

Yeah traces of methanol wont do anything but if some idiot decides to drop it into eye it’ll do more damage than ethanol. Also even drop of methanol stinks + evaporates too fast (better for tabs) + and it crosses skin way faster than 96% ethanol + would burn more… .

Talk about 'gluttons for punishment'.

Just don't. Psychedelics are enough of a handful when consumed orally.

IV? I'd rather eat my face off...

Last edited:
I think sole act of I.V. might be a wrong way to start psychedelic experience as it could/would put many people in a wrong mindset just before trip because of stigma around that ROA, be it cuz of propaganda, be it from knowing and witnessing how damaging it makes relativity harmless drugs or whatever..

That problem becomes a lot less significant with DMT and close relatives as smoking it is HARSH but still when you blast of that’s not important at all anymore so I imagine if I would experience it via I.V. in seconds I would get far from usual effect of set & setting.

I wonder about mescaline, it’s on a positive and happy side and I heard it hits very fast when used I.V. but might be person who told me that unknowingly injected something else. She told me that effects started almost immediately and peak followed not long after. She claims that was only psychedelic worth injecting in her experience so even if it was some mescaline relative (and as she experienced cact multiple times if not pure mesc it was something very similar) it sound tempting.

Why would you dissolve it in alcohol? You don't need to.

LSD is soluble in water at 7 mg per milliliter, that's 7,000 mcg/ml. 35,000 mcg per teaspoon.
Ive tried different ways to mix it, i found that a mix of destilled water, high proof vodka and a few % of glycerin works the best for long term storage.
Also i think Liquid lsd hits faster when mixed with alcohol and compared to water.
But im just sharing my personal experience and preferences.

Also if you want to drop on papper then using high proof alcohol evaporates faster then using just water.
The glycerin works as a layer that surrounds the crystal once the liquid is dried and helps blotters stay fresh longer.