• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pregnant, oxys... Please please help

That was not your single msg. Your other msg was abuse.
And just so u know, oxycodone does not cause any sort of defects or harm to an unborn baby what so ever.
The only problem it causes is the withdrawal which I have been told bubs would be kept comfortable & it will not cause any long term problems. Although, I really want to avoid this altogether now so hopefully the drs and I can work this out tomorrow.

Thanks crzydiamond, I appreciate the advice. I have already tapered down to 60mg per day without too much stress. Lots of pain, but I know stress is not good for bubs so I'm really trying to relax & keep calm.

Will be be interesting to see what comes of tomorrow.

Wishing you all the best, i'm sure you'll have a good amount of support as you seem to have a healthy attitude towards dealing with all of this.

That was not your single msg. Your other msg was abuse.
I did not abuse anyone. I confronted an addict who is 30 weeks late in quitting. A reason why is one msg you say you've been to the doc, this msg, you say you are going tomorrow.
And keep in mind that this is not the best forum for this advice, everyone on this forum will propagate addiction, including myself.

Nevertheless, your doctor can get you off 60mg in under 9 weeks painlessly. Just be honest, it is not gonna be overly painful or stressful, that is what the doctor went to school for brutal years to accomplish. Be well, to you and your kind.

You did abuse me, reread your nasty messages please.
I said I have talked to my dr & told her the truth. I have a meeting tomorrow with my dr & the drug clinic to work out what we are going to do.
Drug addict- yeah. But not on purpose, I have only used these painkillers to help with my pain & only in the last month I have used 1 more each day.

^^^^DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY, HE is 19 Y.O, it says so in his latest post.

Kratom was given as an example so that she could stop immediately and go see a doctor, if you read my second post I said NO methadone, Nothing, clean birth. B
eing weened in-utero will not only be exceedingly beneficial to the baby, but to the mother and to the baby-mother connection that is initiated just after birth. I said NO to switching to another drug and YES to a doctor-guided treatment to wean the mother off of opiates "stress-free" before birth. BUT the mother must act NOW (or tomorrow, as she stated) because she has a max of 7 weeks until birth.
BY ALL MEANS nothing, no kratom or opiate/opiod or any psychoactive drug should that developing baby be subject to.
Where the fuck did I say I was 19???I must've had more alcohol then I thought last night,lol? I wish I was 19!!!
Oh and I meant in utero not vitro I did knock back a few,huh lol!!!!

Just ween yourself off. cut the 30 mg oxys in half so they're 15 mg, take those 3x a day and maybe limit yourself to 1 of the breakthrough pain doses. Do that for a couple days, and then start taking 1/3 of the 30 mg oxys 3x a day and so on. You can't cold turkey, so just ween yourself off. You're going to experience bad withdrawals whether your doing what I suggest, on subs, or methadone. They are all opiates and I simply wouldn't bother getting into the sub/methadone clinic for something you could do by yourself. Have someone you absolutely trust hold the pills while ur weaning yourself off as well. Your pills are worth A LOT of money in the street so really make sure you trust this person.

Please keep it civil. Thanks and be safe.... And OP, be 100% honest with yourself and your doctor because well, you have a baby inside you now.

Skl. Namnoc and space junk are all respected members here and I've seen them try to help numerous people here so I'd listen to them op, mike Vick? Idk wtf he does here so I wouldn't put much stock into anything he says. You've done everything u can do and it seems all your questions have been answered by nam, skl and spacejunk so I really don't have much to add that hasn't already been said. I'm 37 if that makes any difference since mike thinks age has something to do with dispensing good information lol.
There's an ignore button somewhere here where u can click it and not have to see someone's abusive posts since it seems that mods don't want to help or can't or whatever. I've never used it but I know it's here somewhere so I'm sure someone can let u know about that.
I had an ex gf who had similar issues but was on heroin at the time and they got her into the methadone program and when the baby was born they weened it with morphine, just like was mentioned above. It seemed to be pretty pain free for the baby(impossible to know) and it was a month long taper for the baby so it was very gradual. She did have to deal with dss but it was only for a few mths after the baby was born. Good luck and god bless op! Don't sweat the small stuff, people are gonna say and think whatever they want and there's not much u can do about that but just keep on pushing forward and keep ur thoughts positive. Negative thoughts/stress will have a lot of impact on ur child IMO so try to just stay positive and ignore/avoid negative influences. All the best dear!

Standard protocol issued by the U.S. FDA along with SAMHSA (obviously different than OPs government, but still valid I believe), is a switch to a stable dose of methadone, and a morphine preparation for infant w/d, and taper off methadone for the new mother. Bupe is mentioned as well, but that requires at least a partial w/d and brings in the risk of precipitated withdrawal. Still, it's a recommended treatment by FDA.

That's it. Why all the discussion? Especially the negative stuff. Haven't we all been through enough shame and guilt in our addictions and abuse of drugs to not be an asshole to someone seeking help?

If OP can't get onto methadone, then it's up to her physicians. That's all folks, eh?

Check these resources out:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Adviso...kCommunicationAdvisoryCommittee/UCM452573.pdf

http://store.samhsa.gov/product/Methadone-Treatment-for-Pregnant-Women/SMA14-4124

Someone else in pages two or three may have suggested this, I could only stomach pages one and four. All the negativity...

Skl. Namnoc and space junk are all respected members here and I've seen them try to help numerous people here so I'd listen to them op, mike Vick?
Thanks man :)
Why all the discussion? Especially the negative stuff. Haven't we all been through enough shame and guilt in our addictions and abuse of drugs to not be an asshole to someone seeking help?
Exactly this - and thanks for the info and links.

ty also cliffy

Just ween yourself off. cut the 30 mg oxys in half so they're 15 mg, take those 3x a day and maybe limit yourself to 1 of the breakthrough pain doses. Do that for a couple days, and then start taking 1/3 of the 30 mg oxys 3x a day and so on. You can't cold turkey, so just ween yourself off. You're going to experience bad withdrawals whether your doing what I suggest, on subs, or methadone. They are all opiates and I simply wouldn't bother getting into the sub/methadone clinic for something you could do by yourself. Have someone you absolutely trust hold the pills while ur weaning yourself off as well. Your pills are worth A LOT of money in the street so really make sure you trust this person.

don't self taper
doesn't tend to work
and instability is bad for baby
methadone or bupe
I'm sticking with preferring methadone
but either way do it under medical supervision

Tapering will cause stress to the child and isn't recommended until after childbirth.

Common sense mike, also if u read the whole thread then u would know that we all pretty much agree on this.
Go kill some dogs and leave the op alone, it's pretty obvious she's not responding to your brand of "tough love".

You must be a doctor? You are muddling the waters for someone who must consult an actual medical doctor.

To the contrary, it is you muddying the waters. Most people here are essentially repeating the idea to stabilise and maintain at least for the duration of the pregancy. This is actually standard medical advice. Sure, most here are not doctors but neither are you, and it shows as your advice is ill informed and potentially harmful. You are simply repeating yourself and offering nothing of use.

Hope you are okay OP <3. Fellow Aussie here, and I know how strict and weird australian doctors can be about drugs and addiction. Very taboo...