• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pregnant, oxys... Please please help

I'm sorry but I'd love a few more opinions of what I should do.

I see the drug clinic & my dr tomorrow to discuss what I am going to do.

My problem is the local pharmacy doesn't want to get into the methadone program as it's 'too time consuming to do just for one person'. So I would have to drive half an hour to get to a pharmacy & half hour home with 3 kids, pregnant & in a lot of pain. Plus fuel prices here are ridiculous.

Thats why I am thinking about doing a taper with the methadone or subs if dr agrees.

Do I talk to my dr or the drug clinic about subs? Do I get prescribed that or will I still need to go to a pharmacy each day for it?

I'm sorry but I'd love a few more opinions of what I should do.

I see the drug clinic & my dr tomorrow to discuss what I am going to do.

My problem is the local pharmacy doesn't want to get into the methadone program as it's 'too time consuming to do just for one person'. So I would have to drive half an hour to get to a pharmacy & half hour home with 3 kids, pregnant & in a lot of pain. Plus fuel prices here are ridiculous.

Thats why I am thinking about doing a taper with the methadone or subs if dr agrees.

Do I talk to my dr or the drug clinic about subs? Do I get prescribed that or will I still need to go to a pharmacy each day for it?

I'd like to apoligise if I came off harsh by stating you needed to "get your shit together". I suppose part of it comes from my best friend being a head neo-natal nurse for years. She tells me stories, some of babies born addicted, that make me cringe. Wasn't trying to scare you about the woman who lost her baby. The laws inthe USA greatly differ, I suppose, where a pregnant woman abuses her meds is concerned.
Perhaps suffering through withdrawals will make you realise how important it is for you to take your meds properly now.
Remember...when you're withdrawing, your baby is too. And that's the sad part.

I'd avise you to do whatever you're going to do with medical supervision, period. There are some side effects from methadone and suboxone.

Please try to stay hydrated, eat properly, and rest well.

It's really hard to advise someone without knowing what the laws are regarding Australia where pregnant women and methadone maint. are concerned. Best wishes.

Just a ? ... Will your OBGYN not flip because you abused your RX and ran out early? Once you flip to methadone, will you be flagged so that you'll not be able to receive pain meds again?
(Here in USA we have methadone clinics, where you dose daily, and build up trust for take homes. Some doctors will prescribe methadone, but most will only after you've been through the program)

Last edited:
Do you want your baby born withdrawaling from opiates for the first week in his life? Wean yourself off now! do it with the help of your doctor! Perhaps switch to kratom and keep lowering your dose. If you don't you are saying: "I don't wanna be in pain, so my infant baby will be." You are the jerk of all jerks, and apparently complete gutter-trash! If you don't quit now, your child will have defects and deficits that are permanent!

"There ought to be a law against you comin’ around"

Spacejunk- how do I report people on here? I'm so over such nasty ignorant people who have no fucking idea.

I know ive made mistakes, not all were my fault & I'm trying to fix the problems & make sure that my baby is happy, healthy& not in any pain. I'm trying to get advice on my options & the best things to do so I can talk to my drs tomorrow & know as much as I possibly can.

Go to hell mike.vick!

Go to hell mike.vick!

Don't go to a forum filled with drug addicts and ask advice about drugs, especially when the health of your BABY is at stake; Go to a DOCTOR!!!!!!!! Tell him you wanna be clean before birth, that is 7 weeks max, you have time but YOU NEED A DOCTOR to wean you off "stress-free". You said your going tomorrow, leave this forum tonight and go first thing in the morning!

DON't do methadone and prolong the baby's pain! Tell the doc you wanna be clean!!!!!

This isn't about you, this isn't about your mistakes, what you are trying to get, this is about the baby! You don't need to know as much as" you "possibly can" Because the doctor does, he's gone to school for many brutal years, tell him the very simple sentence that you are opiate dependent and want to be clean at birth, he will guide you.

Last edited:
Look, All this is, is attempted justification of using while pregnant. Tell your doctor this, he will get you clean. I KNOW the last place you need to get drug advice when you are carrying a baby is Bluelight.org, or any forum with addicts. We, like you, will propagate using above anything else. Maybe that is why you came here, BUT you've made a mistake - go to the DOCTOR and tell him you wanna be opiate free at the time of birth for the sake of the innocent human developing inside of your womb.

I've had a lot of good advice from here, people here know a lot.
I use painkillers purely for pain relief, you have no idea the pain I am in or have been in. I have been under drs supervision my whole pregnancy & made the mistake of using an extra 1 a day because of extreme pain & now I am facing the consequences. I have learnt from my mistakes & am following my drs orders ONLY.
But I am allowed to get advice here if I want to. Don't agree? I don't care!

Do you want your baby born withdrawaling from opiates for the first week in his life? Wean yourself off now! do it with the help of your doctor! Perhaps switch to kratom and keep lowering your dose. If you don't you are saying: "I don't wanna be in pain, so my infant baby will be." You are the jerk of all jerks, and apparently complete gutter-trash! If you don't quit now, your child will have defects and deficits that are permanent!

"There ought to be a law against you comin’ around"
Pray tell me the difference from the baby being weaned invitro or after birth. The only difference is while it's in the tummy you can't see it's pain so you are using the see no evil,hear no evil shit ? Also you think her switching to another psychoactive addictive drug will solve this? There is more info out there about treating babies addicted to opiates then Kratom . You are a fucking ignorant dickhead,get a clue!!!!!!

^^^^DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY, HE is 19 Y.O, it says so in his latest post.

Kratom was given as an example so that she could stop immediately and go see a doctor, if you read my second post I said NO methadone, Nothing, clean birth. B
eing weened in-utero will not only be exceedingly beneficial to the baby, but to the mother and to the baby-mother connection that is initiated just after birth. I said NO to switching to another drug and YES to a doctor-guided treatment to wean the mother off of opiates "stress-free" before birth. BUT the mother must act NOW (or tomorrow, as she stated) because she has a max of 7 weeks until birth.
BY ALL MEANS nothing, no kratom or opiate/opiod or any psychoactive drug should that developing baby be subject to.

Spacejunk- how do I report people on here? I'm so over such nasty ignorant people who have no fucking idea.
The "report" button is the one in the top right hand about here ^
With the "!" inside a triangle :)

Mike, if you had read the thread you would maybe realise that withdrawing during pregnancy can be really risky. Either way, please don't be so aggressive, she is trying to get help, and people are trying to be supportive.
you're not contributing anything by judging.

The "report" button is the one in the top right hand about here ^
With the "!" inside a triangle :)

When an ostrich sticks it's head in the sand, does it resolve? I wouldn't care if she wasn't responsible for a developing human fetus.

If I were you I wouldn't propagate negative behaviors.

SJ: I'm not judging, I'm giving her the only advice that matters: go to the doc and tell him you want to be clean during birth. The WD can be completely stress free when you go to the doc and tell him you want to be clean at birth, immediately.

Last edited:
7 weeks? I'm 30 weeks, pregnancy lasts for 40 weeks. Just stay out of it please.

Thanks namnoc & spacejunk x

Oh, now you are trying to dismiss my advice because I misread it for 33 weeks. This is your brain trying to propagate your addiction. You have a developing human you are responsible for! GET IT TOGETHER AND GO TO THE DOCTOR! I don't care how "painful" it is to tell him your an addict! BOO HOO! ITS NOT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PAIN, it's about the baby.

Those other two addicts you mention are invalidated if they tell you a single thing differently!

Oh just leave. We have been through all of this & I have now been completely honest with my dr which was extremely hard but the right thing to do. I am not taking your advice because you have been so fucking nasty and I really don't need that shit.
I couldn't feel more low or pathetic right now. Seriously. Please just go.

Again, its not about you AT ALL. All addicts, including myself, are selfish cunts. That doesn't dismiss or devalue the importance of anything I've said. I'm glad you did/ are doing the right thing. Don't feel sorry for yourself, that is just drug-related dopamine-disorder, you will get better from day 5-6 onward! CONGRATS! Happy pregnancy, hope all is well with you and your kind.

Y
Oh, now you are trying to dismiss my advice because I misread it for 33 weeks. This is your brain trying to propagate your addiction. You have a developing human you are responsible for! GET IT TOGETHER AND GO TO THE DOCTOR! I don't care how "painful" it is to tell him your an addict! BOO HOO! ITS NOT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PAIN, it's about the baby.

Those other two addicts you mention are invalidated if they tell you a single thing differently!

You really should do some basic research on what is recommended for pregnant opiate dependent women before spouting such opinionated absolute directions.

Most of the time doctors who have experience treating opiate dependent pregnant women strongly advise not withdrawing the baby until after the birth. Some babies, unexplainably, don't go through wd after birth. Some do but are comfortably detoxed with morphine (used to be methadone I believe) by medical professionals who can observe what the baby needs. In utero one cannot discern that. And while it would be optimal for a baby never to be born opiate dependent, that's not always possible or the best choice

The best advice you offered mikevick is to seek a doctors advice. Which the OP is doing/has done. So now, it's really not for you to badger her and give her orders. As you said, that's up to her doctor. Who very well may not recommend a "clean" birth.

OP-- take the advice that comes from a helpful place, let the rest be. You're human, you've found yourself in an imperfect situation, and you're doing what you can to obtain the best possible outcome. That's all you can do. Personally I don't think detoxing during pregnancy is safe, from people I've known in that situation. Those who were maintained on methadone did well as did their babies. I would push that pharmacy to provide service for you. I'm sure there are others who would use the service if offered, I highly doubt it would be " just one person" for very long.

Regardless of your decision, just make sure you get input from someone experienced with treating opiate dependent pregnant women.
I would want that above your OBGYN who doesn't seem to have that.

And congratulations on the addition to your family :) all the reason in the world to get this worked out before it goes further. I wish you well

^^^crzydiamond,
My single messaged has been go to the doctor and tell him you want to be clean at birth.

You are not qualified to give your opinion to continue using opiate/opiod drugs when pregnant. Regardless of what personal experience may have inferred.

That is why my single messaged has been go to the doctor and tell him you want to be clean at birth.