• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Preglabin, Mirtrazapine, Codeine, Diazepam

manji

Bluelighter
Hi a newbie to this site once I get used to it looks perfect. Think I could contribute as well when I settle down.

Getting in a bit of a mess.
I am prescribed Each day
Pregabalin 75 mg
Mirtazapine 30 mg
plus foolishly I take
Diazepam 70mg
Codiene 60 mg

In the messy past I’ve taken Amitriptyline, Amphetamines, Tramadol, etc etc Unusually I don’t take alcohol haven’t touched a drop for 20 years. No wish to.
My plan is to just take Pregabalin and Mirtazapine only. I was at my best on them. It just feels the diazepam and Codiene give me a short lived buzz and make me lethargic. I keep on trying to taper down the diazepam and codiene but obviously makes me worse.
Ideally I’d like to stop Codiene. Do I up the Diazepam to counter the drop off ?
Basically confused the dosage of the Pregabalin and Mirtazapine has been suggested to me to be low. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I’ve quite a history going back I was a chronic Alcoholic end up in an excellent rehab then aftercare. Before I went in about the last 4 or 5 months I was drinking Vodka and super strength lager a often not eating for long periods.
I was clean and sober for years no problems. I had a series of personal crises and was prescribed diazepam . Discovered how easy it was to get them online. Upped them and started mixing them with dihydrolocodiene spiralled out of control couple of years ago and ended in rehab again. Came out clean but felt dreadful and was prescribed the Pregabalin and Mirtazapine which helped but couldn’t help but starting the codiene/ diazepam.

Hi newbie, browsed this site once I get used to it looks perfect. Think I could contribute as well when I settle down.

Getting in a bit of a mess.
I am prescribed Each day
Pregabalin 75 mg
Mirtazapine 30 mg
plus foolishly I take
Diazepam 70mg
Codiene 60 mg

In the messy past I’ve taken Amitriptyline, Amphetamines, Tramadol, etc etc Unusually I don’t take alcohol haven’t touched a drop for 20 years. No wish to.
My plan is to just take Pregabalin and Mirtazapine only. I was at my best on them. It just feels the diazepam and Codiene give me a short lived buzz and make me lethargic. I keep on trying to taper down the diazepam and codiene but obviously makes me worse.
Ideally I’d like to stop Codiene. Do I up the Diazepam to counter the drop off ?
Basically confused the dosage of the Pregabalin and Mirtazapine has been suggested to me to be low. Any suggestions?

Hi, welcome to BL 😊

How do you get prescribed 70mg diazepam? The other dosages are pretty normal but 70mg is 14 tablets a day. I'm lucky to get 5-10mg.

I'm just having a whinge because they've cut my benzos so much and I'm struggling. I *really* don't want to touch alcohol either.

Anyway, this is a cool forum.. See you around maybe 🤗

Abbey x

I get my diazepam online. Hooked on them but don’t enjoy them anymore. I’m trying to taper them down. My diazepam are 10mg Have they ever upset your stomach ?
Oh thanks for replying 👍🏻

Hi and welcome to Bluelight. So you get the pregabs and mitrazipine through a Dr. but you get the diazepam and codeine off the web? Is that correct?

The 60 mgs of codeine is a pretty low dose but that 70 mgs of valium is pretty heavy duty. Yeah........real good idea to do a slow taper and try and get that down to a better level ( like maybe 20 mgs per day )

I can move this thread into our Health and Recovery section where you will get more comments and helpful advice. Or it can stay here. It's just that more members read the recovery sections as opposed to new member intros. Up to you.

Isn't it risky and expensive to order stuff like benzos? At least the online pharmacies as well as deep web pages I've known were too expensive to afford. But granted same with eg. heroin.

You might up the pregabalin a bit to lower on the valium. If you can buy valium you'll certainly find a vendor for pregabalin.
Besides that, welcome to BL!

Hi and welcome to Bluelight. So you get the pregabs and mitrazipine through a Dr. but you get the diazepam and codeine off the web? Is that correct?

The 60 mgs of codeine is a pretty low dose but that 70 mgs of valium is pretty heavy duty. Yeah........real good idea to do a slow taper and try and get that down to a better level ( like maybe 20 mgs per day )

I can move this thread into our Health and Recovery section where you will get more comments and helpful advice. Or it can stay here. It's just that more members read the recovery sections as opposed to new member intros. Up to you.
Yes you’re right. If you could move the post that would be great 👍🏻

Isn't it risky and expensive to order stuff like benzos? At least the online pharmacies as well as deep web pages I've known were too expensive to afford. But granted same with eg. heroin.

You might up the pregabalin a bit to lower on the valium. If you can buy valium you'll certainly find a vendor for pregabalin.
Besides that, welcome to BL!

Thanks plumbus. The Benzos are high quality. There a drug support unit in town that check gear for you. As I said I don’t like them but I want to taper them. Quite a while ago when I was younger fitter and naiver I Cold Turkeyed from Benzos ffs. Literally a nightmare. Just stopped and took three months off work. I really should know better.
The crazy thing is I can get a script for Pregalabin off my GP easily. Im well used to what I call the usual drugs, Tramadol, speed whatever but these Pregalabin Amitriptyline etc are new to me.
Upping the dosage of Pregalabin to counter the taper of the taper would help would it ? Save me some money too.

In an ideal world I’m not sure that’s realistic but if I could just be taking prescribed Pregalabin and Mirtazapine I would be well happy. Amazingly for my age I’m super fit I’ve had two full on health checks so get rid of Benzos that would be ace. Stopped drinking alcohol decades ago loathe the stuff. More of my friends have died from alcohol related diseases than anything else. A friend of mine who I used to go drinking with and never stopped died the other day from cirrhosis of the liver a very long drawn out painful death.Awful.
Thanks this is a great site x

Hi manji, welcome to Bluelight, I'm glad you found us 😊

The good news is that 60mg codeine shouldn't be too hectic to get clean off. Over the next few days once you stop the codeine you may feel some mild to moderate physical withdrawals, perhaps some anxiety and insomnia, but I would not expect it to be anything more than just uncomfortable. After 5 days or so you should notice that you start to feel a lot better.

During this time please DO NOT increase your intake of diazepam.

Getting off 70mg diazepam is going to be a bit more difficult and will take a bit longer. How long have you been taking 70mg a day??

Hi manji, welcome to Bluelight, I'm glad you found us 😊

The good news is that 60mg codeine shouldn't be too hectic to get clean off. Over the next few days once you stop the codeine you may feel some mild to moderate physical withdrawals, perhaps some anxiety and insomnia, but I would not expect it to be anything more than just uncomfortable. After 5 days or so you should notice that you start to feel a lot better.

During this time please DO NOT increase your intake of diazepam.

Getting off 70mg diazepam is going to be a bit more difficult and will take a bit longer. How long have you been taking 70mg a day??
Believe it or not I had full on detox for Diazepam/Codiene July 2021 it was successful for a while. I was on about 100mg plus random Codiene pre detox but cracked this January.

When I was in rehab/detox they took me off the Benzos in 4 weeks I still think that was too quick.

I also have a supply of 2mg of diazepam to help with the taper. I’ve been advised the most dangerous part of the taper is the last couple of days. For example dropping from 2mg to 1mg is halving your consumption.

I’m really appreciating the support. I know that I am conversing with friends that really get me.

Over 24 hours since last Codiene feeling the effects already. The bathroom is my friend 😂
You're so very welcome my friend. Yes we totally get you <3 I personally have been through codeine withdrawals many times and diazepam withdrawals several times. The good thing about the codeine is that it'll be over and done with in a few days.

Then we can tackle the diaz.

I’ve quite a history going back I was a chronic Alcoholic end up in an excellent rehab then aftercare. Before I went in about the last 4 or 5 months I was drinking Vodka and super strength lager a often not eating for long periods.
I was clean and sober for years no problems. I had a series of personal crises and was prescribed diazepam . Discovered how easy it was to get them online. Upped them and started mixing them with dihydrolocodiene spiralled out of control couple of years ago and ended in rehab again. Came out clean but felt dreadful and was prescribed the Pregabalin and Mirtazapine which helped but couldn’t help but starting the codiene/ diazepam.
welcome to BL