• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Pregablin pros and cons?

I redosed earlier with zero results. I should know better to waste meds like that.

Does anyone know if taking 900mg of pregablin in a day is too much? Not been getting much effect from them.

Have also had 40mg Diaz. Any input appreciated 🙏
Tolerance goes up quickly , just be careful with that high of a dose daily. Take days off in between ideally 2-3 or a week to feel any benefit.

Tolerance goes up quickly , just be careful with that high of a dose daily. Take days off in between ideally 2-3 or a week to feel any benefit.

Yeah man. Was meant to watch a movie with family. Well I managed to eat the pizza, watch about 10minutes of the movie and fell asleep. Apparently nobody could wake me, as I woke up on the floor (I'd made a bed on the floor), at 3am. Then went to bed.

Spoke to one family member this morning and I've managed to fob it off on me having tooth ache for days. Said I took a big dose of cocodamol and I'd done 20k of cardio before the movie so I was exhausted. So hopefully now they're not annoyed anymore, as they were concerned knowing I'd taken something. But im 30 days clean of cocaine and heroin. I don't think really what I've done there is too bad, but still I failed to stick to only taking 1 or 2 valium, so I will treat this as a lesson.

Best anti-anxiety drug i ever tried. 150 mg in the morning made my anxiety go away completely without the annoying drowsiness i get from benzos.

Downside is, it might be the single worst med to mix with alcohol i ever tried, so it's quite a risky option for an alkie like me.
Yeah it amplifies the effects of alcohol as in it makes you more drunk, like way more.

It s a drug that if you take it more than 2 days then you need to get off gradually otherwise you get incredible nerve pains randomly or headaches ..it.s nasty you feel trapped

I think it's fair to say I like this drug a little too much.

It's like because it makes exercise so easy to train. I've been taking it 3x a day when I have it, before meals by like an hour and I cut the capsule open and put it in a rizke and parachute it.

Today I had a delivery arrive and went a bit mental. I started off with 900ng, then had the same again, so 1800mg before lunch altogether. Then after that there was 2 left so had them aswell taking me to 2300mg.the

After that I was so monged the high wasn't as good, too messy, I wound up lisses a afternoon workout fell asleep and family were close to noticing something was up.
So after that left it no more, lots of coffee trying to sober up and ended up doing a savage workout dressed in warm clothes trying to sweat it out.
Then a 20k cardio workout for an hour and that seemed to bring me back yo normal.

However since then got to watch a film with family. I'd just finished the 20k on exercise bike. So I've parachuted 2 x capsules opened them up and put 600mg in a skin and followed up with a hot cup of coffee hoping it kicks in quick.

Cos I'm a weightlifter and heavily into fitness it's like the perfect drug. As you never feel worn out or sore. I'm still playing around with what is the right dose. At the moment I'm thinking either 450mg twice a day once first thing once after dinner has been digested and I'm ready for cardio. Either that or 600my in the morning and no more.

I'm aware I've abused it since I first got it. But I like to test limits and find the sweet spot with pregablin I would definitely say 450 on any empty stomach and it's like your reward to clean the house and rearrange the garden lol. I will also be taking days off since I read ghe horror of addiction.

I've come to realise less is more with this drug. Was taking incredibly high doses before, i think because the diazepam.

A dose of 600mg this morning was too strong. Felt too monged to enjoy it. Had 450mg this evening and it feels much better. Will be sure not to dose again til tomorrow night then none on monday. I imagine the rebound/withdrawals would be brutal, so far ive not taken it more than 2 days in a row. And usuallly much lower dose/only one dose the second day.

Well I've had another 300mg pregablin now and altogether 40mg diazepam. To be honest I got very little from the pregablin.

I'm wondering are they underdosed compared to the ones I had before.

@ghostfreak is it the same ones you've got and whats your opinion?
Wouldn't surprise me if you had some tolerance already. Builds stupid fast.
Once a week, tops. Even then, you'll get a very slow tolerance build.

Wouldn't surprise me if you had some tolerance already. Builds stupid fast.
Once a week, tops. Even then, you'll get a very slow tolerance build.

I've probably only taken maybe 30-40 x 300mg tabs in my life to be honest bro. I'm not aiming for an addiction here just something to chip at rather than taking cocaine/benzos/h.

I've had 600mg earlier, but had it right before food. It's not quite hit as usual. Does anyone know how effective redosing is?

I wont be having any tomorrow.

I've probably only taken maybe 30-40 x 300mg tabs in my life to be honest bro. I'm not aiming for an addiction here just something to chip at rather than taking cocaine/benzos/h.

I've had 600mg earlier, but had it right before food. It's not quite hit as usual. Does anyone know how effective redosing is?

I wont be having any tomorrow.
I begin to feel tolerance the second day in a row I take it. It's pretty significant in a few days to a week. I'm not sure skipping days would be enough.
I (used to) enjoy it once a week at fairly low doses. 100-200 Gabapentin with 75-150 Pregabalin plus alcohol.
Didn't get much of a tolerance build with that, but I did slowly get some.
I'm not preaching but you wondered why it was giving lesser effects.

Pros - it's fun

Cons - it's fun

But seriously I only use gabapentinoids maybe twice a month. I enjoy pregabalin for days I feel like being a bit intoxicated or having a buzz at a social event. And then enjoy gabapentin for a reset day after a rough week or weekend and I just want to relax and unwind on a Sunday.

Pregabalin 450mg odd is good
Gabapentin 2700mg odd is good.

Don't have a high tolerance so I'm lucky to get away with reasonable dosages and still get the best bang for my buck.

Is there any solid information on how much you'd need to use this drug to run into withdrawals?

Taking 300mg in the morning seems to help both my anxiety and any mood swings, almost like i'm a better person all round. I have decided doses of more than 300mg are uncessary for me. But i'm curious how much you could do this without becoming physically addicted?

I've been using 2 days on 1 day off for the past week or so. I haven't used them much before and don't have a large supply. So I'm not majorly concerned about addiction so much as just curious.

Is there any solid information on how much you'd need to use this drug to run into withdrawals?

Taking 300mg in the morning seems to help both my anxiety and any mood swings, almost like i'm a better person all round. I have decided doses of more than 300mg are uncessary for me. But i'm curious how much you could do this without becoming physically addicted?

I've been using 2 days on 1 day off for the past week or so. I haven't used them much before and don't have a large supply. So I'm not majorly concerned about addiction so much as just curious.
Seems like some people have physical withdrawals from gabapentinoids and some don't.
If I use two days, I am definitely more grumpy for a couple days after.
YMMV for sure.
If all you have is 15 caps, you'll likely be OK.

Seems like some people have physical withdrawals from gabapentinoids and some don't.
YMMV for sure.

Yeah it's hard to find a clear answer. Some people are saying it has withdrawals worse than heroin, which i recently experienced, were brutal.

Gave me a false sense of balance and control. One time I missed an incoming car, nothing happened the driver was paying attention.

one time I put my daughter on the childseed (bike), my dose was 150 mg and I almost dropped during this action. Clause call, as the drug itself feels so mild I underestimated the effects on your reponses.

YMMV for sure.
Took it over a year at max 225 mg/ day. And I had no withdrawal's, or they were masked by my poly drug use.

But it did totally cover GAD, without the sedation of Benzo's.

pregabalin pros: if it works for you for GAD fir which I think it's the best. as painkiller in nueruopathy, neuralgias, mystannia gravis it's mora about modulating the pain via slowed neuronal firing to that compresed nerve or damaged one!
it takes couple days to be used to when going on higher dosages on the: Am I going a bit stupid now?, It's effect that I can best describe and later I red almost all the research papers on that and look some here on this as other forums can get over their heads when they feel that: loosing train of thought as it's set in stone that Lyrica or pregabalin/gabapentin cause brain damage-which is not true as I attest to that of being in couple kindlings and withdrawals from it and always got in the end with my flow in the sentences or knowing almost every capital in the world et cetera....

Middlleground- I tested every gabapentinoid well not mirogabalin and the exotic new ones that waits to be approved by FDA to be accepted by EMA, pregabalin in therapeutic doses is the least dirtiest( phenibut and baclofen made me to soon in rebound cause of tolerance which is hyperbolic in all of them), but pregabalin somehow as I see it and read from many sources through the years loses mybe that rec value but anxyolitic prperties remains.
druggies on prescription or to people that respect pharmaceuticals now given to them as they went through couple of

inter-dose withdrawals which you cannot put a blame to( like some of us here ) went through withdrawals and they can be very disturbing but if no history of seizures manageable)

Cons- swelling of legs and fingers in higher doages, edema, blurry vision or changing in perspective of colors( hard to put it in words) but simillar when people who are bipolar can forsee mania ( which I experiemced only with Phenibut or Baclofen as GHB-lesser cannot remember but that was and will be the frickin best gabapentinoid ever)-but run from it all as Pregabalin, Gabapentin are different from other gabapentinoids cause they are not Gasba B agonists nevertheless thy are in the same rank as some opioids in withdrawal as benzos to!
-losing train of thought or words in the middle of sentences
-jerks or almost seizure-like movements in high dosages

Pros:
Social skills amplified.
Anxiety gone
Sleep great for a while after you get used to your dosage.

Cons:
Yes, addictive - but not that needing to use feeling (for me) if you know what I mean.
Re-dosing goes mad but it dose little for me until super high doses
Mixing with other substances can be fatal to be honest, like benzos had me falling over everywhere