• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Pregablin pros and cons?

elgoucho9

Bluelighter
Was wondering can anyone give me the breakdown on this drug; pros and cons?

I lift weights most days and train bodybuilding so most drugs are off limits with the exception of weed.

I'm not looking to take this daily. Have tried a couple of times before and felt like I was 21 again. All muscle aches gone and replaced by a glowing feeling. Have previously used benzos but find they can be counter productive in leading to fall outs with people or other poor life choices.

I know there are other threads on this drug but I've read them and didnt get the information I was looking for.

I was considering a dose of 300mg a couple of nights per week max.

Keep your dose at 300 mgs no more than twice a week and you will be golden.

It really is a great drug for relaxation and mood lift. I abused it so it quit working unless I took 600-900 at a time. I have no self control when it comes to pills that make me feel good. Well, in the past anyway. Quit all pills a few years ago because I was such a compulsive user i ate them like candy. Had to get a grip.

Keep your dose low and just once in awhile and you will really continue to enjoy them. Tolerance builds quickly.

Keep your dose at 300 mgs no more than twice a week and you will be golden.

It really is a great drug for relaxation and mood lift. I abused it so it quit working unless I took 600-900 at a time. I have no self control when it comes to pills that make me feel good. Well, in the past anyway. Quit all pills a few years ago because I was such a compulsive user i ate them like candy. Had to get a grip.

Keep your dose low and just once in awhile and you will really continue to enjoy them. Tolerance builds quickly.

I've read stuff about people having mini seizures on 150mg. Is this even possible? I thought it was good for people who were prone to seizures for its effects.

I'm thinking of it as an alternative to using benzos. Still weighing up the pros and cons but from the times i have used it I've not had any adverse reactions and enjoyed it. Just I've read some off-putting stuff on here and other places.

I presume its only if you really overdo/abuse it the side effects become prevelant?

I've read stuff about people having mini seizures on 150mg. Is this even possible? I thought it was good for people who were prone to seizures for its effects.

I'm thinking of it as an alternative to using benzos. Still weighing up the pros and cons but from the times i have used it I've not had any adverse reactions and enjoyed it. Just I've read some off-putting stuff on here and other places.

I presume its only if you really overdo/abuse it the side effects become prevelant?
Hard to say if someone had seizures on 150. Suppose it's possible. Hell I ate 900 mgs twice a day and never had any side effects at all other than they quit working as well. And I'm an old lady and not in that great of health. So.....that's just me. I suppose since we are all biologically different anything can go wrong. But like you said........Lyrica is way better than benzos if one is prone to addiction or abuse. I mean Lyrica is addicting too but I came off high doses with nothing more than anxiety and insomnia for a few days. I was so used to using them for sleep and chill time that most of it was psychological. I never got physically sick and I was taking high doses for quite a long time. Just goes to show ya that we are all so different.

I would start low to see how it effects you. 150mg made me extremely anxious for a few hours. Wasn't enjoyable at all. Most seem to get great effects from them though but i would start small just to see.

I would start low to see how it effects you. 150mg made me extremely anxious for a few hours. Wasn't enjoyable at all. Most seem to get great effects from them though but i would start small just to see.
Always a good idea to start low. And stay low. Wish I would have been smarter but that's all water under that damn bridge that everyone says a troll lives under.

Hard to say if someone had seizures on 150. Suppose it's possible. Hell I ate 900 mgs twice a day and never had any side effects at all other than they quit working as well. And I'm an old lady and not in that great of health. So.....that's just me. I suppose since we are all biologically different anything can go wrong. But like you said........Lyrica is way better than benzos if one is prone to addiction or abuse. I mean Lyrica is addicting too but I came off high doses with nothing more than anxiety and insomnia for a few days. I was so used to using them for sleep and chill time that most of it was psychological. I never got physically sick and I was taking high doses for quite a long time. Just goes to show ya that we are all so different.

Yeah I'll be sticking to having them at night and every night.

By not using daily will I avoid tolerance building?

Thanks for all the info 🙂

I've already tried them before just never bought them. I've done 300mg a couple of times previously.

Great for anxiety when taken as should. I could go into depth how it’s helped but that’s like a thousand words lol. It doesn’t work like a benzo (straight away boom away) but when taken in the morning it provides a good boost to your mood as well.

Cons are it’s rife for abuse, taking mad doses is euphoria but can bring on like a drunkenness and maybe seizures if not careful.

Great for anxiety when taken as should. I could go into depth how it’s helped but that’s like a thousand words lol. It doesn’t work like a benzo (straight away boom away) but when taken in the morning it provides a good boost to your mood as well.

Cons are it’s rife for abuse, taking mad doses is euphoria but can bring on like a drunkenness and maybe seizures if not careful.

Yeah I think this could genuinely help me. I suffer from slight social anxiety, but a bigger problem is my moods are up and down a bit. More stable than when I was an addict but still some days I'm still up and down a bit.

I also seem to suffer from neuropathic pain and I'm waiting for a potential diagnosis for diabetes. So all in I dare say this potentially might help me. Rather than risking the chance of sending me straight back to relapse with benzodiazepines.

Pros – feels good

Cons – ain’t healthy and can be quite addictive but both applies to some extent just about any feel-good drug

Well they finally showed up today. Had 300mg and so far my whole body feels less tense and my moods definitely improved. Went for a haircut, absolutely zero anxiety, on good form and alot of conversation with the woman cutting my hair.

I don't feel the same as the first time I tried them sober though. I had 400mg that time (1x 300mg and 1 x 100mg), and felt like i was 21 again, whole body so relaxed and training/working out felt great. That said all I have here is 15x 300mg capsules, and after reading into the cons here I'm not getting involved in taking more than one capsule per day, and not every day.

Does anyone know what the script would be taking some diazepam later? I have 10 x Martin dows Roche here, tested by wedinos as legit Diaz. I was wondering about taking 10-20mg later? I had the pregablin at 10am this morning, I was planning to wait until dinner time ish and have the diazepam.

I took Lyrica before while on clonzepam and then methadone with no bad results.

Oddly I felt drunk the first time but only anxiety after that. I would say it's safe but hopefully someone with more experience can chime in

I took Lyrica before while on clonzepam and then methadone with no bad results.

Oddly I felt drunk the first time but only anxiety after that. I would say it's safe but hopefully someone with more experience can chime in

I'll be honest I felt great off the pregablin earlier on but after lunch and some coffee feel a bit jittery. Maybe too much caffeine or mixing them.

I'd like to have the Diaz sooner but thought I'd play it safe and wait til after the pregablin wears off.

Best anti-anxiety drug i ever tried. 150 mg in the morning made my anxiety go away completely without the annoying drowsiness i get from benzos.

Downside is, it might be the single worst med to mix with alcohol i ever tried, so it's quite a risky option for an alkie like me.

To be honest yes it improved my mood and definitely helped to solve some neuropathic pains I've been having, but for some reason i felt a bit strange off them. Not the same feeling I had from the first time I tried them sober.

Still enjoyed some time outside and a walk along the beach. Came back though and since then I've had 20mg diazepam sublingual and I'm now feeling better from the benzos than I did off the pregablin. Like more muscle relaxation and actually chilled. The pregablin felt great initially but towards the end had some kind of rebound anxiety/jittery feeling. I will accept this could have been caused by me having too much caffeine.

Conclusion, as much as pregblin does seem to help me a bit. Moderate use of diazepam seems to just 'feel' better.

I'm prescribed a low dose and take 2 a day. It makes me talkative and mood increased but pain reduction is not amazing. Definitely better than many other options but a major con is that it makes me careless. Sometimes I don't pay full attention when driving which no other drug has done. I burnt myself with my soldering iron twice in one night when I'd never burned myself before even when drunk.

Can't say there are any other major cons, some weird constipation where I feel the need to poop but don't seem to actually need to poop.

I was prescribed pregabine as a prophylactic for chronic daily headache. Started at 75mg per day than increased to 150mg per day.

I recall a mild warm drunken feeling the first few months. After that I would not know I was on the medication, unless I missed a dose.

It didn't help much with my headaches, so after about a year I moved to another medication. There was a week or two of discontinuation symptoms. Although not difficult to deal with.

Well I've had another 300mg pregablin now and altogether 40mg diazepam. To be honest I got very little from the pregablin.

I'm wondering are they underdosed compared to the ones I had before.

@ghostfreak is it the same ones you've got and whats your opinion?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if taking 900mg of pregablin in a day is too much? Not been getting much effect from them.

Have also had 40mg Diaz. Any input appreciated 🙏