• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin - totally different drug when taken after food?

Actually everybody here's right, I opened 1200mg pregab into a Big Mac last night and it felt like I'd IV'd meth and smoked DMT on a wooden Hookah.

I find pregabs to kick in faster on empty stomach but feels the same as taken with food, maybe not so manic and energetic. I always get tons of energy and i can't stay still when took enough pregabalin (450-900mg), i'm like people who took meth when i take pregabs, very social, happy, energetic and i talk a lot, and i'm horny, very horny 😅

I would take it with a friend. He said it was named Lyrica because it made him wax lyrical. Lotta thought goes into the branding. I felt like it was like molly lite. Making me super chatty; euphoric and a little giddy. But too much and feel staggering drunk, like fall on your face drunk. I took 450mg daily for years; it wore off due to tolerance. Now I just take 150 a day to maintain without withdrawal symptoms from yet another drug. Prescribed it for nerve pain for about 15 years.

I like the mood lift and anxiolysis of pregab but tolerance rises too fast to use regularly and I am scared of forming a habit with it so haven't dabbled for a while. Its a wonder drug for withdrawals or comedowns tho. Also it seems to tank my verbal fluency which makes it not very productive if I have to be on my game as it were. It seems "safer" than benzos but thay might not actually be true. I'm talking specifically about seizure risk from overuse.

If i need a norco I am not sure substituting a pregabalin instead would be such a good idea.
I did a few doses of pregabalin and was much too and way too strong for me. Is a very potent medication
most definitely for me.
And much more potent than just the gabapentin ever was.

Gabapentin was worthless; I never even took it; couldn't tell if it did anything so I binned it. Although I learned about the stacking doses in order to feel it much later ; after I paid thru the nose for 10 years of retail pfizer scripts of the much more potent lyrica. Yes I also found myself searching for words curiously on it; which is why I lowered my dose as I felt the odd impairment it caused couldn't be good. I learned it is a very cheap chemical that pfizer priced as gold. Then extended the patent for years excluding generic suppliers. Then they absorbed the biggest generic supply company which jacked the price, again. Now, finally, I get it for 18 dollars a month. Hundreds of $$ a month for years to Pfizer from me cuz my doc said it may help and then I found out I was addicted to it as well.

So I am the fool paid for the fibromyalgia commercials on the TV! Thank me for your dependence; people.

I just took 450mg pregabalin with 1mg alprazolam. I also just smoked a bowl of nice bud and am already on buprenorphine. Considering that i have almost zero tolerance to gabantinoids and benzos, so that combo should get me in really mellow head space. I also have more bud to smoke and one equal dose of both pregabalin and alprazolam. Today will be an ok day.

I've abused Pregabalin for 3 and a half years, and I'm prescribed it now for nerve pain, and I've never ever experienced "intoxicating, tense, manic and mildly psychedelic" effects that you just spoke about. I've also never had an effect you describe as a "longer lasting clear headed stimulant, with a touch of cognitive euphoria" if taken with food. The max I was taking was 900mg per day but the effects don't really change after 600mg. Now I only take 150mg per day but sometimes order more to mix with opioids etc (which can be lethal so watch out). So what I'd like to know is, what doses are you taking? and are you definitely taking Pregabalin?
Iv found if I take 10 300 mg ones my legs are like jelly and my head nods off and I have ful conversations with ppl who ain't thare then pop bk to normal just to nod out again I hated it but was addicted tobthem

If I have to take Pregabalin without food it still works for me very well !

I try and take it before a meal but if it’s a light meal (sandwich or something) I can dose 30mins and don’t notice much difference.

It's more mildly drunk if you're lucky, which isn't...to my understanding of the word "euphoric".

That feeling would only be euphoric to someone who's never taken anything.
That's bullshit. GABAergic euphoria can range from subtle to overwhelming and nauseating, and to say that you must be a druggie n00b if you get euphoria from it is ignorant at best, insulting at worst.

Today I took 900mg pregabalin with 240mg methadone and I feel almost nothing. I have trembling hands and tics in limbs.
Im dissiluniosed with this drug. I take at night to help sleeping and one day a week to potentiate methadone. But today only feel side effects.

Kongoman
❤️❤️❤️❤️

I have trembling hands and tics in limbs.
Got this too, at high dosages (<900mg) and then I got a seizure from 1.6g, dosed so high cause I was desperate for a high and the lower dosages didn't do anything anymore. I think this is a warning for seizures to come if you dose any higher.

When you talk about seizure, I dont understand because there are diferent kind of seizures. I look in the traductor and it says convulsions.

Kongoman
❤️❤️❤️❤️

When you talk about seizure, I dont understand because there are diferent kind of seizures. I look in the traductor and it says convulsions.

Kongoman
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Yeah, convulsions. Didn't see a doc so Idk what specific kind of seizures it was. I passed out and my girlfriend who was with me said she watched me having convulsions and talking weird stuff. Couldn't walk for two days after this incident and first had some difficulties remembering things so I was afraid of having damaged my brain but thankfully stuff recovered rather quickly.

Today I took 900mg pregabalin with 240mg methadone and I feel almost nothing. I have trembling hands and tics in limbs.
Im dissiluniosed with this drug. I take at night to help sleeping and one day a week to potentiate methadone. But today only feel side effects.

Kongoman
❤️❤️❤️❤️

My flatmate tried it yesterday and had no effect at all, very strange drug. I reckon what's going on here is that these euphoric manic-like feelings from pregabalin happen in someone who has a natural bipolar tendency - a tendency towards mania. A personal friend of mine also gets stimulated and manic from it, but she has diagnosed BPD. I myself have BPD too.

My flatmate tried it yesterday and had no effect at all, very strange drug. I reckon what's going on here is that these euphoric manic-like feelings from pregabalin happen in someone who has a natural bipolar tendency - a tendency towards mania. A personal friend of mine also gets stimulated and manic from it, but she has diagnosed BPD. I myself have BPD too.
What dosage did he try?

Without tolerance one should absolutely feel anything of 300mg or more. I knew somebody who couldn't resist the urge to sleep from maybe 250mg. I got a drunken state from 300mg (w/o tolerance) or a dissociative/stimulant/empathogenic like effect from 900mg's.