• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pregabalin/opioids

dynodavie

Bluelighter
Anyways so i just kicked oxycodone again @ 200-300 mg a day i am at day 14 i was not dependent on any other drug and i used a method of kratom the first day then pregabalin @ 600 mg days 2&3 split in 2, 300 mg doses then days 4&5 i used 8 to 10 grams kratom during the day and a .05 xanax to sleep them 2 nights then back on pregabalin days 6&7 @ 600mg then day 8&9 went back to 8 to 10 grams of kratom and .05 xanax to sleep that night then day 10&11 back on pregabalin 2 days @ 600mg and yesterday i did about 10 grams of kratom and melatonin and by the grace of god went to sleep last night, and my question is if i was going to feel some kind of pregabalin withdrawal at what hour mark would it most likely start to kick in ? i am @ the 36 hour mark now, i must say ive cold turkeyed opioids and had long periods of clean time i even did ibogaine in 2017 and was clean til a c-5 thru c-7 fusion may 2020 and imho the pregabalin/xanax/kratom was the easiest detox so far out of about 5 since 2010 and i have to thank this site because i learned of this method here, was going to make the last dose of kratom this morning and just praying i dont have some kind of delayed withdrawal from kratom or pregabalin, i dont know, what do you guys think ?

Last edited:
it appears ya may have skipped to the loo
however... cant quite put together the regimen as it all runs together in a way my brain refuses to decipher.
anyway... keep us posted how it goes?
peace and best

I find pregabalin to be very useful for kratom withdrawal, and less of so I as a potentiator. I always keep a few minutes spare pregabalin and around for if I'm having a rough day between my morning dose and nighttime dose, primarily on days when I can't get a couple hours of exercise due to a weather event or if I simply dont t have been time to go ride.

The average half-life of Pregabalin is ≈ 6 hrs
The oral bioavailability of Pregabalin >90%
If you took your last 600mg dose 36 hours ago with a ≈90% bioavailability your body took in around 540mg (600•0.90)=540mg
540mg halved 6 times (36hrs/6h=6hrs). ≈8.4mg of the active metabolite N-methylpregabalin after 36hrs

You would have 8.4mg left to metabolize

First, I know I’m late to the party and by now you’ve already got your amswer. You either experienced a withdrawal from the Lyrica or you didn’t. I commend you for getting off the opiates and doing so in a unique way and having the discipline to do so. I know it’s not easy to drop opiates.
To answer your question, based on the calculations above and pulling from my own personal experience with Lyrica, if you were going to experience any sort of withdrawals you were within 4 hours of having basically no active Pregabalin left in your system. All things considered my I don’t believe you’ll experience any withdrawal.

After 36 hrs you only have ≈8.4mg left of the 600mg dose you took orally. That 8.4 is on the low side because I didn’t take into consideration any of your prior doses taken. . Lyrica when taken over long periods can accumulate in amounts within the body and delay the onset of withdrawal. Because Lyrica has such a short half-life the onset of withdrawal is fairly quick. Taking 1200mg of Lyrica is an extremely high daily dose, but based on the rest of the info you gave me, particularly the duration and consistency of which you took the Lyrica. I don’t believe physical dependence was achieved and therefore no withdrawal. Although dependence can occur quickly at high doses I don’t think the duration was was long enough for you to become dependent. Also dosing every other day would help prevent the accumulation of the medication and also reduce the chances of dependence. I really think your odds of any sort of withdrawal are slim to none. I’ve been on 600mg of Lyrica per day(Pregabalin) for over 2 years. I’ve learned my lesson several times when it comes to withdrawal from this medicine. Unfortunately can’t tell you exactly how long it took for me to become physically dependent. Over the years I believe it takes only about 2 weeks on a dose greater than 200mg per day for someone to become physically dependent and experience withdrawal. . After about 6 months of taking the medicine as prescribed I abused it and finished my month long script in just 10’days. I had to go almost 3 weeks without. The withdrawals fucking wicked bad. On par with opiate withdrawal as far as discomfort. I couldn’t believe how bad they were. Anxiety/Panic Attacks/Vomiting/Insomnia. For me the withdrawals always started around 24-30hrs. If I’m taking them as prescribed and run out because the pharmacy doesn’t have them in stock or something the withdrawal onset is happens later, around 36hr to 48hr. This is a miracle drug that shouldn’t be abused. Thlll

im going to ask my doc for lyrica, i wonder if im just trying to find a drug to get high off, i do have flare ups of fibromyalgia, i can barely walk in the morn till can get warmed up, my gabapentin is shit for me, ive heard such good and bad things of this drug, guess if he says no, thats ok too,its like i wanna feel a buzz but want to be pain free, read here that the tolerance is quick, so maybe i should keep my numb lil hands off it, but to be scissoring dogs w/o pain would be a pleasureeeee

im going to ask my doc for lyrica, i wonder if im just trying to find a drug to get high off, i do have flare ups of fibromyalgia, i can barely walk in the morn till can get warmed up, my gabapentin is shit for me, ive heard such good and bad things of this drug, guess if he says no, thats ok too,its like i wanna feel a buzz but want to be pain free, read here that the tolerance is quick, so maybe i should keep my numb lil hands off it, but to be scissoring dogs w/o pain would be a pleasureeeee
You might try memantine, or low dose dextromethorphan, these NMDA antagonists are decent painkillers and can get you high at the same time as well as lowering tolerance to opioids. Pregabalin is said to be similar to gabapentin but more potent and without a ceiling, it gets actively transported into the brain. What do you dislike about the gabapentin?

You might try memantine, or low dose dextromethorphan, these NMDA antagonists are decent painkillers and can get you high at the same time as well as lowering tolerance to opioids. Pregabalin is said to be similar to gabapentin but more potent and without a ceiling, it gets actively transported into the brain. What do you dislike about the gabapentin?
it just doesnt do a thing for me, the gaba, is memantine in the USA? the first few days gaba helped my neck, but my toes have gone numb, i have no diabetes or even feet issues ever, tips of my fingers too, another groomer i know is suffering and does well on gaba, neuropathy but she is diabetic

it just doesnt do a thing for me, the gaba, is memantine in the USA? the first few days gaba helped my neck, but my toes have gone numb, i have no diabetes or even feet issues ever, tips of my fingers too, another groomer i know is suffering and does well on gaba, neuropathy but she is diabetic
Memantine unfortunately needs a prescription, it's used against Alzheimer where funnily it doesn't really work while it does lower tolerance, it saved my ass when I quit morphine. The pain masking effect is different from opioids, but it is strong, once I was to the sauna and then ice cold water, all dissociated, there but not so near or painful.. Maybe you can convince your doc with some papers from PubMed, or you order from e.g. Russian online pharmacy, there are some which sell memantine, it's also available from some nootropic vendors. They have other nice products as well.
Pregabalin will for sure have some effects, depending on the dose, 300mg gave a drunken state, while 900mg are stimulating.

Memantine unfortunately needs a prescription or you order from e.g. Russian online pharmacy, there are some which sell memantine, it's also available from some nootropic vendors. They have other nice products as well.
Pregabalin will for sure have some effects, depending on the dose, 300mg gave a drunken state, while 900mg are stimulating.
so i could ask an American doc memantine, cool ty

Hey OP, I want to give you some friendly advice to help you get beter answers for your posts. Try to mame the initial post a little bit more concise with a clear questi0on and objective. There are so many variables at play when discussing substance usage even in the best of circumstances. You're talking about a few different drugs. irregu,ar dosing schedules and a lack of ultimate clarity that mkaes it hard for us to help you.

In general, I will tell you that Gabapentinoids, including Pregabalin (Lyrica) have a tendency to produce significant withdrawal symptoms. Many people, myself included, liken the withdrawal to both sedative-hypnotic drugs like Alcohol and Opioids too. It shares certain characteristics of both and again, the syndrome is very difficult for some people. Gabapnetinoids are well-known for their propensity to generate tolerance quite rapidly. You can expect withdrawal symptoms to really start hitting their stride by the 24 hour mark. When I was taking Pregabalin, I wouldn't experience withdrawal; until at least 24 hours had passed.

The average half-life of Pregabalin is ≈ 6 hrs
The oral bioavailability of Pregabalin >90%
If you took your last 600mg dose 36 hours ago with a ≈90% bioavailability your body took in around 540mg (600•0.90)=540mg
540mg halved 6 times (36hrs/6h=6hrs). ≈8.4mg of the active metabolite N-methylpregabalin after 36hrs

You would have 8.4mg left to metabolize

First, I know I’m late to the party and by now you’ve already got your amswer. You either experienced a withdrawal from the Lyrica or you didn’t. I commend you for getting off the opiates and doing so in a unique way and having the discipline to do so. I know it’s not easy to drop opiates.
To answer your question, based on the calculations above and pulling from my own personal experience with Lyrica, if you were going to experience any sort of withdrawals you were within 4 hours of having basically no active Pregabalin left in your system. All things considered my I don’t believe you’ll experience any withdrawal.

After 36 hrs you only have ≈8.4mg left of the 600mg dose you took orally. That 8.4 is on the low side because I didn’t take into consideration any of your prior doses taken. . Lyrica when taken over long periods can accumulate in amounts within the body and delay the onset of withdrawal. Because Lyrica has such a short half-life the onset of withdrawal is fairly quick. Taking 1200mg of Lyrica is an extremely high daily dose, but based on the rest of the info you gave me, particularly the duration and consistency of which you took the Lyrica. I don’t believe physical dependence was achieved and therefore no withdrawal. Although dependence can occur quickly at high doses I don’t think the duration was was long enough for you to become dependent. Also dosing every other day would help prevent the accumulation of the medication and also reduce the chances of dependence. I really think your odds of any sort of withdrawal are slim to none. I’ve been on 600mg of Lyrica per day(Pregabalin) for over 2 years. I’ve learned my lesson several times when it comes to withdrawal from this medicine. Unfortunately can’t tell you exactly how long it took for me to become physically dependent. Over the years I believe it takes only about 2 weeks on a dose greater than 200mg per day for someone to become physically dependent and experience withdrawal. . After about 6 months of taking the medicine as prescribed I abused it and finished my month long script in just 10’days. I had to go almost 3 weeks without. The withdrawals fucking wicked bad. On par with opiate withdrawal as far as discomfort. I couldn’t believe how bad they were. Anxiety/Panic Attacks/Vomiting/Insomnia. For me the withdrawals always started around 24-30hrs. If I’m taking them as prescribed and run out because the pharmacy doesn’t have them in stock or something the withdrawal onset is happens later, around 36hr to 48hr. This is a miracle drug that shouldn’t be abused. Thlll
no sir/ma'am, i take 2, 300 mg doses in a day not 1200 a day, at the present time i have been 2 days on 2 days off pregabalin some times 3 days in between 2 days on for the last 3 weeks of pregabalin do you think i would have some kind of withdrawal from the pregabalin at this rate if i cut it off at week 4, kinda using it to help with PAWS from opioids been 29 days now...

I would say that you're pretty much on the line in terms of responsibility. It's about maximizing the benefit and minimizing the damage. I believe using anything for longer than a month here would be counterproductive. There is a dearth of knowledge regarding Gabapentinoids and how they work, unfortunately. We are kind of left to make educated guesses regarding the pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of these things. I wouldn't be using anything for longer than a month if you really don't want to catch another habit.

Pregabs very good for wds a miracle i would say just dont swap addictions
yeah ive been clean of opioids for a good long while, i passed out( found them in a relatives home that passed away) 100 narco to some old folks that really needed help and one young fiend that hurt so bad from WD, ive got 20 left but stashing them i got some dental surgery coming and i know that wont give anything here but prolly tramadol which does zero for me, ill just ask doc and if i have to jump thru a bunch of hoops i will forgo it, but great advise ty

yeah ive been clean of opioids for a good long while, i passed out( found them in a relatives home that passed away) 100 narco to some old folks that really needed help and one young fiend that hurt so bad from WD, ive got 20 left but stashing them i got some dental surgery coming and i know that wont give anything here but prolly tramadol which does zero for me, ill just ask doc and if i have to jump thru a bunch of hoops i will forgo it, but great advise ty
I say it through experience swapped addictions at peak was taking 60 300mg a day the pregab wd is mental torture 7 days of hell and it stays at same level have got it down to 200 mg now will jump soon

I say it through experience swapped addictions at peak was taking 60 300mg a day the pregab wd is mental torture 7 days of hell and it stays at same level have got it down to 200 mg now will jump soon
sincere hopes all goes more gently for you, you are doing good at 200, i cant imagine 60 pills of anything, more power to you on recovery

sincere hopes all goes more gently for you, you are doing good at 200, i cant imagine 60 pills of anything, more power to you on recovery
Thanks brother tolerance on pregabalin just goes through the roof and i had 5000 300mg pregabalin got them for 50 p each . BUT FROM 60 300 MG TO 200MGI SEE THE END IS NEAR

Thanks brother tolerance on pregabalin just goes through the roof and i had 5000 300mg pregabalin got them for 50 p each . BUT FROM 60 300 MG TO 200MGI SEE THE END IS NEAR
yes! hey no biggy but ima sister not brother, dont mind being called dude or bro makes me laugh RL, i hear all these teens girls calling each other dude n bro, but the end is near! more i think of it not gonna ask for lyrica, ill just over use, and except pain as part of life, got some naturals recipes i need to get back into, if you can make it, so can i, ty