• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin not producing gaba effects

Maybe call the pharmacy and see if there were other complaints on this particular substance...?
There are mistakes made even at higher levels.
When I was on Xanax instead of 90 (30 day) bars they gave me 30 .25mg generic alprazolam. lol
I went off and they got it straightened out real quick. :)
Hope it all works out.
One
I have checked they only have one product.do you think other brand might work.

I have checked they only have one product.do you think other brand might work.
It could... I mean if it is on their end it may be worth a try.
only when i take 600 mg it works little bit
The thing about this gabapentinoid is it build tolerance really fast and if taken daily/regularly chances are you will be at 900mg in a week or less.
Sorry if I missed it but what is your normal dose that is effective?
Thanks

It could... I mean if it is on their end it may be worth a try.

The thing about this gabapentinoid is it build tolerance really fast and if taken daily/regularly chances are you will be at 900mg in a week or less.
Sorry if I missed it but what is your normal dose that is effective?
Thanks
My normal dose that is effective is 600 mg otherwise if I take 300 mg the high gets over quickly but before I had zero tolerance Even If I took 300 mg or 150 mg it used to work like 600 mg but now even 600 mg gets over quickly. Now it has stopped producing its GABA effects. all of a sudden it stopped working.

Talk to your Doc it may be time to up dosages, idk?
Good place to start, imo.

in my country pregabalin is over the counter. The pharmacy doesn't require a prescription for most medicine over here.
In that case there are a couple options:
Raise the dosage yourself (I would add 100mg only for starters), taper down the dosage that you are used to to drop tolerance or just taper off and be done with pregabalin.
Not much else to offer re: suggestions so maybe someone else comes along and offers something I am not thinking of.
Maybe find a different drug to treat whatever it is that pregabalin is being used for... even just for a while.

I've been on Pregabalin for years, the name says it all, "Pre" Gabalin, it's an gaba analogue, but it doesn't effect the gaba receptor at all, it binds to the alpha 2 Delta receptor. Zero gaba affinity, I read some people say indirectly it does, yes, but that would be just as much as when I'm laying in the sun in my backyard with my dog at my side. Pregabalin was not invented as an anxiolytic chill pill, at higher doses is actually quite the opposite resulting in somewhat manic effects, like feeling energetic and having problems acting relaxed lacking control to relax in conversations almost like people on mama or powerful stimulants. When combining Pregabalin with an gabanergic substance like benzodiazepines these manic effects get even more powerful, and when combining with baclofen, you'll can actually get so high that it feels extremely similar to ghb, this last combo will even take extreme Ghb withdrawal effects 100% away instantly.

I've been on Pregabalin for years, the name says it all, "Pre" Gabalin, it's an gaba analogue, but it doesn't effect the gaba receptor at all, it binds to the alpha 2 Delta receptor. Zero gaba affinity, I read some people say indirectly it does, yes, but that would be just as much as when I'm laying in the sun in my backyard with my dog at my side. Pregabalin was not invented as an anxiolytic chill pill, at higher doses is actually quite the opposite resulting in somewhat manic effects, like feeling energetic and having problems acting relaxed lacking control to relax in conversations almost like people on mama or powerful stimulants. When combining Pregabalin with an gabanergic substance like benzodiazepines these manic effects get even more powerful, and when combining with baclofen, you'll can actually get so high that it feels extremely similar to ghb, this last combo will even take extreme Ghb withdrawal effects 100% away instantly.
It surely does imitate the effects of GABA but tolerance killed all it effects.

It surely does imitate the effects of GABA but tolerance killed all it effects.

These receptors indeed have similarities, and the alpha 2 Delta receptors do work more closely together with gaba receptors than Dopamine or serotonin, and that's what I try to state with my previous message, there are so many more receptors and neurotransmitters than those we most of us know about, simply because people are barely aware or their existence or not at all. Gaba and α2δ bound to each other closely but like brother and sister, closely related but with different behavioral mechanics. I've been prescribed Pregabalin for over 6 years and just quit taking it a few months ago, they do have anti anxiolytic effects but instead sedative effects such as certain gabanergic meds, Pregabalin acts more like a mood stabilizer/uplifted, that why in high doses people actually experience traits of Mania, in most cases people experiencing significant effects are usually on dosage that's to high (except recreationally xD) therefor I can imagine that it can scare some people because they loose some control over themselves. I dingen mind it but the people around me did notice my enhanced enthusiasm and hyperactivity at the point inwas dosed to high, which is something I didn't like being aware off.

These receptors indeed have similarities, and the alpha 2 Delta receptors do work more closely together with gaba receptors than Dopamine or serotonin, and that's what I try to state with my previous message, there are so many more receptors and neurotransmitters than those we most of us know about, simply because people are barely aware or their existence or not at all. Gaba and α2δ bound to each other closely but like brother and sister, closely related but with different behavioral mechanics. I've been prescribed Pregabalin for over 6 years and just quit taking it a few months ago, they do have anti anxiolytic effects but instead sedative effects such as certain gabanergic meds, Pregabalin acts more like a mood stabilizer/uplifted, that why in high doses people actually experience traits of Mania, in most cases people experiencing significant effects are usually on dosage that's to high (except recreationally xD) therefor I can imagine that it can scare some people because they loose some control over themselves. I dingen mind it but the people around me did notice my enhanced enthusiasm and hyperactivity at the point inwas dosed to high, which is something I didn't like being aware off.
do you know any such drug that indirectly affect GABA or produce similar feeling I am aware of Benzo but its dangerous due to scary withdrawal and the same goes with alcohol. please let me know and thanks for the reply btw.

do you know any such drug that indirectly affect GABA or produce similar feeling I am aware of Benzo but its dangerous due to scary withdrawal and the same goes with alcohol. please let me know and thanks for the reply btw.

That depends on the reason you need it? You're afraid you damaged your gaba receptors right, how come? Benzodiazepines stop working for everybody within a couple of weeks or months.

What I do know is when we use certain medications who force control over certain area's in the brain like receptors, those receptors can indeed get damaged, but most likely they get lazy before they get damaged, our brain luckily is very flexible and can heal, reactivate and build new synapses which takes time. And yes there are things that can speed up this process, for example the Mushroom Lion's mane, it doesn't give psychoactive effects but it's a powerful full with agonistic traits on certain adrenaline and dopamine receptors. Let me give you an example If a person took benzodiazepines for a long time it can effect certain receptors like norepinephrine (noradrebaline) and makes it lazy because the benzodiapines didn't provide much of a reason to do it's job, so when a person quits the benzodiapine this receptor need to learn how to work again resulting in over activity, over activity of norepinephrine which results I an increase of cortisol (stress hormone) which can lead to depression etc. When something in the brain is effected by a substance it starts to effect many other mechanisms that are not gabanergic for example, time is an very important factor that the brain needs to balance itself out when sudden changes happen and it's not always necessary to counter it with another substance.

Lions mane, can be bought as growkit and is a good tasting mushroom with lot's of proven benefits that accelerate the process you are looking for. Here is a link, about its effects on depression but this is just one of the many traits it can benefit. Stay away from the powdered capsules they are very inefficient compared to the fresh lion's mane mushroom.

That depends on the reason you need it? You're afraid you damaged your gaba receptors right, how come? Benzodiazepines stop working for everybody within a couple of weeks or months.

What I do know is when we use certain medications who force control over certain area's in the brain like receptors, those receptors can indeed get damaged, but most likely they get lazy before they get damaged, our brain luckily is very flexible and can heal, reactivate and build new synapses which takes time. And yes there are things that can speed up this process, for example the Mushroom Lion's mane, it doesn't give psychoactive effects but it's a powerful full with agonistic traits on certain adrenaline and dopamine receptors. Let me give you an example If a person took benzodiazepines for a long time it can effect certain receptors like norepinephrine (noradrebaline) and makes it lazy because the benzodiapines didn't provide much of a reason to do it's job, so when a person quits the benzodiapine this receptor need to learn how to work again resulting in over activity, over activity of norepinephrine which results I an increase of cortisol (stress hormone) which can lead to depression etc. When something in the brain is effected by a substance it starts to effect many other mechanisms that are not gabanergic for example, time is an very important factor that the brain needs to balance itself out when sudden changes happen and it's not always necessary to counter it with another substance.

Lions mane, can be bought as growkit and is a good tasting mushroom with lot's of proven benefits that accelerate the process you are looking for. Here is a link, about its effects on depression but this is just one of the many traits it can benefit. Stay away from the powdered capsules they are very inefficient compared to the fresh lion's mane mushroom.

yeah, you're right. You have so much more insight I will look into Lions Mane looks like something I could use.

dude I need to ask you something I recently used pregabalin with clonidine since then I have been having tolerance issues pregabalin it does not work do you know anything about it before i never built tolerance but after using it with clonidine I have been having issues.

Pregabalin is used to produce relaxing GABA effects it is not producing at any dose or I might have messed up my gaba level by having too much GABA. Please help. Pregabalin used to produce effects like benzo before but now it does not produce at any dose.

Sounds like tolerance to me. Tolerance to Gabapentinoids can build VERY rapidly.

If something isn't done soon one will find oneself in the lurch to be crushed beneath the wheel.
The harder you chase those gaba effects the worse it will become.
I suggest cutting back usage to lower tolerance but so far we are adding to the issue of tolerance by inducing another drug to bring back those nice feelings.
Look... not judging In any way just shootin from the hip from many experiences with many substances. There just are no short cuts in life.
I only hope the best in this situation as I always root for those of my ilk... we just misunderstood. ;)
<3

If something isn't done soon one will find oneself in the lurch to be crushed beneath the wheel.
The harder you chase those gaba effects the worse it will become.
I suggest cutting back usage to lower tolerance but so far we are adding to the issue of tolerance by inducing another drug to bring back those nice feelings.
Look... not judging In any way just shootin from the hip from many experiences with many substances. There just are no short cuts in life.
I only hope the best in this situation as I always root for those of my ilk... we just misunderstood. ;)
<3
tolerance is painful and tapering down slowly is also not working so well.Ah well I will try but thanks for your reply.

I really hope to see ya come outta this in good fighting form so to speak.
Don't know ya from adam but still in yer corner, champ.
There is always a getaway route (or more) hope ya find em sooner than later.
Peace

Pregabalin Is strong downer with relaxing effects but if i don't take benzos with or without it Its not completely make my body relaxend or my brain carefree. Definitely only low pregabalin effect caned sa a result of other mechanisms.

dude I need to ask you something I recently used pregabalin with clonidine since then I have been having tolerance issues pregabalin it does not work do you know anything about it before i never built tolerance but after using it with clonidine I have been having issues.

Hey bro, I have been busy today, I'll respond to you in one or two hours, and tell you when i quit and experienced 450mg Pregabalin daily (3 x 150 MG spread out over the day)

I'd like to ask you what other substances you use and how often, if you don't feel like sharing it here feel free to send me a dm 😉
I read a lot of misinformation in this topic and will address that as well.

I'm not a doctor nor do I claim everything i say is true, but I have a lot of experience using, abusing and reading into this substance. The sources I are always website linked to pubmed.com only doctors and other scientific experts are allowed to post their papers and for that it's great source ;)