• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Pregabalin - great addiction

Get off the damn lyrica immediately is my advice I was foolish enough to use it's sister drug gabapentin for subutex withdrawal and after that I've suffered 230 days of physical and mental withdrawal from the stupid gabapentin, waaaaay longer and worse than the subutex would have ever made me suffer. I only used the gabapentin for 4 weeks so if you're unlucky you won't get away with 3 weeks or whatever you're planning to use the pills for.

This drug is so fucking not worth it, withdrawal is way worse than both benzos and opiates.

I've been through benzo withdrawal 3 times, I'll get through it again if I have too.

I've been through opiate withdrawal a dozen times, I'll get through it again if I have too.

I'm currently going through gabapentin withdrawal but if I had to go through the first few months again I'd just pick up my gun and end it.

did you have a benzo habbit while taking gabapentin or just before?

When used apropiate (no more then 400 to 600 mg a day) it helps when suffering from anxiety (i used it for GAD), my body felt much calmer and my mindset was easier.
It also seems te help very good for neuropatic pains.

There is a big downside to it, and that it is addictive (not on par with benzo's imo) and that is not widely known amongst doctors and psychiatrists (they are catching up to it now)
Insanely they use it as an alternative to addictive medicines like benzo's for addicts with gad...how stupid.

Withdrawl can be very messy, apperantly not everybody goes through it, but when you are stupid enough to stop taking it cold turkey and do get withdrawls it can turn out hellish

(ive been through benzo withdrawl, alcohol withdrawl, ssrni withdrawl, lyrica withdrawl felt like all the worst from these three at the same time....)

I stopped taking it cold turkey early this year (i was getting high off it and wanted this shit out of my life as being an recovering addict) and went through the worst ive ever been through.
Felt like i had a bad flu, sweating, derealisation, almost psychotic state of mind, immense rebound anxiety, suicidal idealisation, couldnt sleep at all, couldnt eat couldnt drink couldnt shower couldnt talk, it was fucking horrible.

Because the doc didnt tell me it was addictive and there could be withdrawl i didnt link this to the lyrica at first, ended up calling 911 because i really thought i was dying, i truly did. I was a complete mess and it didnt get any better at all it only got worse as days past by (every day felt like a year).

They precribed me oxazepam wich did nothing, but when i took 150mg of lyrica out of desperation the withdrawl completely subsided within an hour...then i knew what was up

Then i tapered it from 600mg daily to nothing in a week and only had some insomnia and rebound anxiety, pretty easy ride.

Do not take this when you are an addict, dont take laaarge ammounts, expect withdrawl when you stop and make sure you taper!!
I also found it strange the withdrawl started to kick in after 36 hours or so, and only got worse instead of getting less intense, reached some sort of plateau after a couple of days that didnt change but just continued with no enlightmend of symptoms getting less intense.

Do you think it makes sense to use pregabalin every few days to get off gabapentin? I am in acute WD from gabapentin 900mg 2x years and was off for a week.

I cannot take it anymore, the sweaty palms, the lump in my throat, the severe anxiety, and insomnia is ruining my life! I know pregabalin is much stronger and very similar to gabapentin, but there is some difference, so I figured using pregabalin 2-3x per week for 2 weeks will reduce gabapentin withdrawal without prolonging it after 2 weeks...

Do you think it makes sense to use pregabalin every few days to get off gabapentin? I am in acute WD from gabapentin 900mg 2x years and was off for a week.

I cannot take it anymore, the sweaty palms, the lump in my throat, the severe anxiety, and insomnia is ruining my life! I know pregabalin is much stronger and very similar to gabapentin, but there is some difference, so I figured using pregabalin 2-3x per week for 2 weeks will reduce gabapentin withdrawal without prolonging it after 2 weeks...

I wouldn't recommend it, it'd be like taking Xanax to get off Valium. Pregabalin is Gaba's big sister. At best you'll just stave off the WD until the pregs wear off.

I take the stuff for severe nerve pain. It works rather well.

I suppose it is a bit addictive in the sense it sucks to not have it like if you can't get your refill on time.

I found it made my life a bit better but I am at the point where I kind of want to go up on my dose or consider cutting back because after about 2 years it just doesn't work as well.

I don't get wd from it because I usually take the amount or less than what I am rx'd. I forget to take it sometimes along with most my medication and those days I feel a bit weird but I have gone through way worse wd from legally rx'd drugs.

If you want off just quit taking it but talk to your doctor in case of it being dangerous to come off. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it does not help people with chronic pain and anxiety disorders. It is a hell of less toll to me than heavy duty pain medication was and seeing how my pain is mainly due to pinched nerves it is directly working on what ails me.

So to each their own. I can say its hard to come off many medications even antidepressants and doctors write those instead of benzos for example but I have met some people who genuinely need something god awful like an ssri.

I really don't have the write to ask people not to take ssri's despite how useless I found them. I took them for like 6 months and it did fuckall and well I just stopped taking it.

I wouldn't recommend it, it'd be like taking Xanax to get off Valium. Pregabalin is Gaba's big sister. At best you'll just stave off the WD until the pregs wear off.

I took 600g of Lyrica and it did NOT substitute for Gabapentin. It helped, but not as much as it would if I were to take 200mg of gabapentin. These drugs AER somewhat different. I also took Zolpidem 20mg and Temazepam 25mg to sleop without GHB and it worked!

Fair play to you. I'm just speaking from my personal experience and what's written up about this drugs. A quarter dose of pregs did the same as the full dose of gaba. Take 1200mg gaba and I'd be comfortable. 1200mg of pregs and I would hallucinate and be very comfortable.

The only difference in effect I noticed was that pregs was stronger and trippier. Both ended up making my anxiety much much worse though, which is why I must steer clear from both. Good luck to all you going through wd's. I will write that I was one of the lucky ones, I cold turkeyed off a midrange dose and only suffered a mild hangover for a day. That was after being on them for a couple of years. I only write this so people freaking about coming off them know that it's Russian roulette withdrawals, they may get lucky.

^ IMHO I'd try a tapered dose of Pregabalin.

Yes it's stronger than GABA as we all know, but it's also different & stronger.

You could easily begin on 25/50 mg & start to feel different within 1.5,hrs, funny, I can't recall the onset time of Gabapentin... Just remember being couch stoned for days upon days with that!!

I know others certainly have & hate or enjoy the drunk/wobbly feeling lyrica creates.

That could be you & an easy wean. Unless you like bumping into walls, furniture etcetera & then wondering where those bruises came from.

Rtp

I was taking up to 8gs a day for a few months
Got strung out on it had twitches 24/7 I love the drug but it is super addicting for me

Low key molly feeling

I have been using pegablin 300 mg pill snorted during the day in bits for about 4 days after withdrawing from a 13 year opium addiction.My problem is I feel no problem during the day but get such bad anxiety at night I can't sleep.I don't want to quit one addiction and get on another can anyone tell me how long I can take it in thinking two weeks max.

I would just like to say this has been a godsend for me even a low dose of 300mg a day give a me a good night's sleep .The first day I took it I slept for ten hours more then I had slept during the last ten days duting wd and post we makes all the difference better then valium