Status
Not open for further replies.

thujone

Bluelight Crew
OaGvoi5.jpg

Strain: Kosher Tangie
Submission by: tacodude
Original size: 3744x2106

...strong orange sativa smell and body high leads me to believe it contains something between CBGv-THCv, has a really nice body high without a lot of mental fog.

What is Pot or Not?

You submit; you click the sticky-icky thread, you drool, you vote, rinse, lather and repeat. That's basically it, Pot or Not is just for fun and the ratings are more or less arbitrary, but here are some rough guidelines to help you decide how to vote:

A - That next-level stuff even the stingiest pothead would pay the premium to get a bag of!
B - Better than what you'd call regs/mids, no unicorn but no lame ass either
C - Commercial stuff, possibly well-trimmed and cured, but also maybe just torn up at the roots by some dude on meth
D - Schwag, Mexican brick, soapbar, etc!

How to submit

Pot or Not depends on your submissions to stay alive, but for the sake of our viewers the selection will be limited to pictures that look like they were taken with a camera manufactured in this century. High resolution shots are a must, but that shouldn't be a problem now that even cell phones have 5MP+ cameras! Snap a pic that shows off your green as best as possible (good lighting) and upload that bitch to a BL-friendly imagehost such as imgur.com. Once you've got that, just forward the image link to the mods and we'll punt it to the top of CD to get A+'d into glory or stomped into oblivion! Give us your schwag, give us your regs, it doesn't matter whose bum the bag was pulled from just give us some nice variety to post and have fun with the voting :)

Running low on submissions, some new stuff would be nice, doesn't have to be A+ herb even a nice crisp pic of some schwag would do nicely. This strain was a good match for Hanukkah, eh? :)

I'm not familiar with this hybrid, but I want to be!

That looks like the kind of medicine that kicks you in the face when you break it up.

Small points deducted because that bud in the top left is not only out of focus, but looks like it's been broken already? Can't tell though.

A-

I'm a big fan of Kosher and/or Tangie. Not a great picture, and indoors I don't think these 2 produce big buds. I'm not sure about the CBGv/THCv either, that's gonna be more on landrace strains (THCv), a hybridized THC dominant is unlikely to have large amounts of other cannabinoids. From experience, I'd say the alertness is from the terpenes in Tangie, citrus strains are generally more of an alert/cheerful/focused high.

I'll check back on the rules for submissions, I feel like I should..

I'll give you my other pics soon, but glad to see this one up. Seriously though don't knock down if I used a small amount of the whole 4g eighth.... That has nothing to do with grow, harvest, and processing quality. That's just me pulling a piece to medicate, which you mention you barely notice.

I gave it an A, that shit looks tasty to me, I bet it is a delight to smoke.

That has nothing to do with grow, harvest, and processing quality. That's just me pulling a piece to medicate, which you mention you barely notice.
You are right, but I do grade on what's called "bag appeal". I know you meant no harm, but imagine if someone where to hand you two buds, one was broken and the other was completely in tact...which one is more attractive to you?

Again, only small points deducted. This weed is fire!

I lost interest for pot almost totally. I wonder if that has to do with benzos.

Sorry I didn't get you the picture picked up fresh..... Next time I'll do it do I don't have to read about understandable complaints. Seriously can't just say nice bud?, but have to find something wrong....

Edit: Benzos can help in moderation. Don't use them more than three months consecutively or they will start greatly increasing the risk of Alzheimer's our dementia later in life.... That being said they can be useful.

Seriously can't just say nice bud?, but have to find something wrong....
it's only an opinion man. I still voted an A-.

Broken buds greatly diminishes the value of pot, there is not much disputing that. If I were to be offered a bag of broken up buds versus the same bud that has not been broken, I'm choosing the bud that has not been broken.

I'm voting B, just because it's simply not the dankest looking weed I've seen but it's still pretty good looking.

It's pointless discussing this... If you had safe access I'm sure you wouldn't complain as much.

It's pointless discussing this... If you had safe access I'm sure you wouldn't complain as much.

dude... you posted on pot or not so that your pot could be judged, and people are giving their opinion. Sorry dude, I don't mean to be a dick, since this thread was intended for fun, there's no prize or anything, post better pot next time

.... Wow he's not even complaining about the pot, but his assumption the bud was broken, which he can't tell as the cell phone shot is out of focus. I put effort into a good shot and some one nit picks like that vs talking about the color, resin heads, etc. No wonder no one is submitting.... I've definitely lost interest.

Edit: You're probably seeing the stem as I put that bud upsidown as I find resin heads to be less disturbed on the bottom. Almost 100% positive although I took this months ago..... Seriously I'm getting rated down for getting you a better view. Who cares if I break a bud open to reveal the undisturbed surface protected in the center the bud formation.

.... Wow he's not even complaining about the pot, but his assumption the bud was broken, which he can't tell as the cell phone shot is out of focus. I put effort into a good shot and some one nit picks like that vs talking about the color, resin heads, etc. No wonder no one is submitting.... I've definitely lost interest.

Edit: You're probably seeing the stem as I put that bud upsidown as I find resin heads to be less disturbed on the bottom. Almost 100% positive although I took this months ago..... Seriously I'm getting rated down for getting you a better view. Who cares if I break a bud open to reveal the undisturbed surface protected in the center the bud formation.

Ultimately, Pot or Not is extremely subjective. People are just trying to guesstimate around what the photo doesn't show and some are more anal than others when it comes to minor details (mea culpa). I think that the feedback received indicates that people do appreciate submissions and negative comments are just meant to be constructive. After all, if we're going to rate pot just on its image then we want to see as much detail as possible. At the same time, though, it is difficult to take a truly spectacular photo of pot even with a good camera, so I hope that people keep that in mind and do submit the best photo they can get regardless of what the pot itself is like (I'm still waiting on a great pic of some seedy brick weed) because at the end of the day I think we can all agree it's better to have a best-attempt than nothing at all.

You really want a garbage weed pic? I'll get some trim pics how's that? Yellow leaf and all

Small points deducted because that bud in the top left is not only out of focus, but looks like it's been broken already? Can't tell though.

A-
8).

IMO it's the bud that counts, I'll give it an A. Looks very fragrant...

You really want a garbage weed pic? I'll get some trim pics how's that? Yellow leaf and all

haha definitely, also I'll vote it A so you can enjoy seeing the nitpickers rage "WHAT IDIOT RATED THIS A?!" etc :D

Status
Not open for further replies.