POST YOUR RECORDINGS HERE! (not just for amateurs - also for labels/websites!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Landry Grant" - above link is a URL %)
it's been a while, but this is my homemade body of work i've compiled into albums throughout the years...

Last edited:
Laptop - Guitar Recording + Audio Programs

I posted this in the Guitarist megathread, but got no responses so I figured I'd just start my own thread.

I never really post in this section, but figured you guys can help me out with a recording question.

I recently started playing my guitar again, and have really gotten into it. I started playing 4 years ago, but lost interest for a year. I enjoy playing, doodling around coming up with some melodies and chord progressions, shit like that. I don't jam with anyone though, never have. I mostly enjoy playing by myself. I want to start recording some things though. I bought a toneport a few years back, it was good for messing around and what not. I don't have an amp, sadly, so the toneport was a nice alternative for me.

I'd like to start recording on my laptop again though. Except this time, I'd like to be able to create beats in programs such as FL Studio, or Fruity Loops, and then use my toneport to add layers of sound over the beats. Kinda like a mix between Ambient and Electronic music, similar to what Tycho does. I haven't even attempted this yet, as I'm still trying to find my USB wire for my toneport, and I gotta redownload Gearbox to use with it, since I'm on a new laptop and lost all my CD's.

I'm just wondering how easy this would be to accomplish. I'd simply like to use my Toneport for it's guitar effects, then connect the program into an audio program to record and add layers to the beats I've created. Anybody have experience doing this? Just trying to find out different methods of doing so.

NEMD isn't a very fast moving forum and you just posted it today, I'm gonna merge this into the post your own recordings thread so it can get a little more exposure and I'll leave a redirect so other people can see it and reply still in case they don't see it in either thread.

^I dig
My EP, (all instruments performed by me) which I am way too proud of, because i invested so much time producing it and recording it until i thought it was as perfect as it could be. please give me a listen, I can almost guarantee you'll like at least one of the tracks, as it combines elements from several genres, and IMO most people will dig.

Paint Dries on Soundcloud

and if you like what you hear enough to want to listen to it again, please buy the EP for only 3 dollars (which is a nice deal, for 5 songs) here:

Hunter Starkings - Paint Dries EP

thanks for listening!

Last edited:
i know what you mean man is frustrating because you work really hard on something and feel you have talent but nobody around you cares at all. or at least that how i feel.

youre tracks are awesome Bigfanofthemdrugs if you had some live real drums on your tracks i think that would really give it that extra edge. i hope i can be as good as you are one day though.

Last edited:
i know what you mean man is frustrating because you work really hard on something and feel you have talent but nobody around you cares at all. or at least that how i feel.

it's not that, i just wanna get as many people to listen to it as possible. did you check it out at least?

i was round your part of the world last year driving about in an old chevy blazer with broken A/C with my gf it was the best ime of my life. it would be a dream to lve there and get some cool stuff done music wise in a band or something.

lol me too, bands are hard to form around here, as most good musicians quit music by age 20, and if not than they simply won't commit to forming a band. If you do though then you're in the perfect place to start a career! i feel kinda spoiled lol, venues and labels wherever you look. that's why i do it myself for the most part, although i still look around for bandmates.your music would be right at home here as well, the surf scene has been taking off a lot, especially in the last few months

ive got nothing to do all summer because noone will employ me so im just trying to put together some tracks so i can try and put a band together. i want to try and come up with 10 ideas and then try and see if i can get them to work live and do some gigs. thats my goal but its hard to find the inspiration half the time with life killing my rock and roll.

do it man

Oh and I didn't realize how many times I've posted that album on here lol I guess I've gotten into the habit of posting it anywhere and everywhere possible.

Last edited:
New track: Emotional Inertia

I make music for my own personal enjoyment. I enjoy listening to the music I make. :)

I'm somewhat indifferent if other people actively listen to it or not, as (the music I create) is an obscure genre.

This is an older song I made, I hope you all like it :)

BTW, This is Hip Hop Music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtcF9in_4So

and if you'd like, LIKE me on facebook!
www.facebook.com/coleminorproductions

and you can also hear all of my music on soundclick!

www.soundclick.com/cmp333

It starts off with all instrumentals, but starting at the song titled "Stuntin"
are songs where I'm actually rapping or singing with my friends.
I make all of the beats from scratch, I actually play piano/keyboard
and I hardly ever use samples, maybe 1 out of every 1000 beats I've made uses samples,
and usually those that use samples are for beat battles where you MUST use the samples provided. Any feedback is welcome and in fact, much appreciated!

I really really hope you all enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.