• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Post your experience with kratom please

Well, it will absolutely make WD's from opiates/opioids far more comfortable to manage, for sure. Just have to figure out how many grams per day you need to keep the WDs at bay.

Once you get through the physical WDs, you can begin to taper by a small increment every other day or so and once you can jump from Kratom, you will likely have some PAWS to contend with, and it can help there, too. But it really is a miracle compound for many people. But don't tell anyone...Big Pharma doesn't like such "interventions" and would much prefer to put you on Methadone or Suboxone, which to me is another form of enslavement, IMO. Kratom did things I never thought it could do, and I am grateful for it. And yes...it even helped tremendously with getting off a nasty Fentanyl merry go round. Getting off of it was the best thing I ever did. Good luck!

It should deff work I got off fet also from kratom b4 I did the extract then regular kratom, but I believe regular powder kratom works just as good and spend less money, I use to put a few grams in a glass bottle ( like empty generic Starbucks bottle) shake let set for a couple min and pound cuz it's gross and I have a chaser, I've been doing it on and off for years and always have a chaser, and I can drink just about anything...haha

And i always mix with milk for whatever reason it always worked for me screw water
Dude...that is next level shit, that is, mixing it with Milk!

I remember tossing and washing it with OJ just to make it easier to choke down. I have to admit, the shit tastes nasty AF. But it works, so even if it tasted like dog shit, I would still have gladly taken it anyway.

Dude...that is next level shit, that is, mixing it with Milk!

I remember tossing and washing it with OJ just to make it easier to choke down. I have to admit, the shit tastes nasty AF. But it works, so even if it tasted like dog shit, I would still have gladly taken it anyway.
I didn't like OJ mix, I've gotten sick from kratom to puke city, milk works for me prob not for everyone

People on this forum love Kratom. I do too, but I think people understate the risk.

Kratom has SSRI/SNRI properties. Meaning it a way it is an anti depressant. which is great, until you want to quit.

I found quitting Kratom to bring a horrible mental fog. One other opioids never had given me.

Kratom can cause random drops or spikes in blood pressure, and interacts poorly with caffeine.

Kratom makes me dizzy, light headed, and in a sense not present.

Just my 2 cents

but I believe regular powder kratom works just as good and spend less money,
yup, this is true

most extracts are kinda just wastes of money, the only convenience being it's easy to take - but they actually get you less high than powder because of how many alkaloids there are, some always get stripped out in extracts

Not saying the extracts don't work, but I definitely get a better more complete high on powder

The key is just to find a good quality brand, there are some really shitty brands out there with shit kratom

I HIGHLY suggest anything from "Fire Wholesale". Best brand. That's the parent company name, it will say "Distributed by Fire Wholesale" on the back. Has various names on the front (NJOY, Earth Kratom, etc). I've tried 100 different brands, this stuff is by far 2x better than everything else. It's powder with 1:10 extract added. VERY strong. (best of BOTH worlds)

yup, this is true

most extracts are kinda just wastes of money, the only convenience being it's easy to take - but they actually get you less high than powder because of how many alkaloids there are, some always get stripped out in extracts

Not saying the extracts don't work, but I definitely get a better more complete high on powder

The key is just to find a good quality brand, there are some really shitty brands out there with shit kratom

I HIGHLY suggest anything from "Fire Wholesale". Best brand. That's the parent company name, it will say "Distributed by Fire Wholesale" on the back. Has various names on the front (NJOY, Earth Kratom, etc). I've tried 100 different brands, this stuff is by far 2x better than everything else. It's powder with 1:10 extract added. VERY strong. (best of BOTH worlds)
Nice, always good to get fresh brands,
I use to get mine from benni I believe

went to doc for non narc pain meds and he tried celebrex. for chronic old people pain. lol it doesnt do a fuckin thing... this is not avout celebrex.
1 1/2 g of kratom every 4-5 hrs not only keeps my pain at bay rather reliably it gives me a bit of a mood boost.
i may ask for something else from doc but after ~3 yrs replacing opiods with kratom i doubt ill go back to narc. just has taken too much from me (or rather, i gave it away).
fuck, a half a gram does great if that is all i have. 1/2 g is where i started when i came off opiods and it worked for me for a uear or so. i used it for maintenence and i still do. i have been as high as 4g but i get more from it at lower doses and appreciate it more. 1 1/2 to 2 g a few times a day and golden... unless im trying to catxh a buzz; just not that kinda thing for me. if i wanna buzz i get one from a different source.
best wishes and hopes of finding what works best for you
peace

Nice, always good to get fresh brands,
I use to get mine from benni I believe

I'm telling you bro, order some from NJOY you can find it online

I am telling you, you will not be disappointed. VERY strong, good stuff.

Their bali makes me nod even with tolerance, their red meang da is very addictive.

After I use this brand for a month or so, all other brands barely get me high, they just stop withdrawal. Major difference in potency to all other regular bulk kratom.

Benni botanical, that's what it was
I'm telling you bro, order some from NJOY you can find it online

I am telling you, you will not be disappointed. VERY strong, good stuff.

Their bali makes me nod even with tolerance, their red meang da is very addictive.

After I use this brand for a month or so, all other brands barely get me high, they just stop withdrawal. Major difference in potency to all other regular bulk kratom.
I might do that thanks bro,
Im on subs I've mixed them b4 how do I feel about that

It's a great substance, so long as you have the self control to keep your usage in check. It works better for my particular type of pain than either traditional opioids or lyrica. Getting off of it once your doses get out of hand is a bitch though...

I've tried white kratom a few times for focus. Didn't do anything beyond giving me a stomach ache. But when I've gotten minor running injuries like shin splints, taking kratom (usually red but also white) works well. It makes me feel pretty chill, erases 70% of the pain which makes sleeping much easier, and lets me go for a quick walk with the dog without issue. Other than low sex drive and the usual digestive issues, I don't get much in the way of side effects. I've used it 5 times total at dosages ranging from 0.5-3g of a local vendor's "high alkaloid concentration" strains and usually go for about 2g.

I have commented on this topic before, and will only say this; Kratom is, in many ways, a miracle compound simply based on the fact that it can make one of the most potentially miserable experiences (obviously opiate WDs), and turn it into something manageable without turning to drugs like Methadone and Suboxone. And of course it is the same reason the global drug pushers (big pharma) do not approve of this message.

It helped me get my shit together at a time that I thought it was not possible. That's enough for me...

I used Kratom to get off morphine (together with memantine, and ended up using mostly that but that's another story). Ordered a sample kit containing 2x red, green and white vein. First try I skipped the morphine (down to 120mg) and took a cup of maybe 7.5g of red vein tea. With dome sugar or sweetener in hot water I actually have nothing against the taste, it's just like any herb and kava tastes worse for sure. Requires hot water though to dissolve.

That first cup put me straight into bed, almost nodding out. Comedown was after 5-6h. The mod had something 'muted' to it which I think is the pretty strong D2 and 5ht2a antagonism - the typical antipsychotics mechanism. I think if we could extract mitragynine it'd be better alone than the whole cocktail of 30+ alkaloids on Kratom leaves.

Never reached such an effect again since, I'm off morphine but still I get next to nothing even from 20x extract which also initially was quite nice but just once. Even now after four+ weeks without any opioids I can't get more than some threshold effects out of the extract.

But even when it's called full spectrum extract, the antipsychotic effects aren't so present with it. Maybe extracting strips away some of the bad alkaloids.

For withdrawal its certainly worth looking into, and despite usual meaning it doesn't seem to reinforce withdrawal as much as full agonist opioids, also cross tolerance isn't full, but more than Kratom I recommend memantine for withdrawal. Dosing high (depending on tolerance, 60+mg at the first days w/o opiate) and long (at least as long as w/d would take) enough it technically skips withdrawal.

Kratoms one of the most intriguing drugs I've used. I've never been drawn towards opiates but I've dabbled with oxy (few times) and tramadol (fair bit) but their not for me fortunately.

On the other hand at first I found Kratom to be the perfect drug for every occasion. Going to the pub/restaurant, on a comedown, feeling ill, tired from working, feeling stressed? - Kratom seemed to be the perfect accompaniment.

I realised early on that you need to find the right dosage and if you go over it you will feel very ill.

I used it on and off in the UK but when I moved to Netherlands I fell into using most days and usually combining with a couple of beers. Because of the nature of how I was using it (and probably others can relate) I wasn't concerned with my habit. There was no hangover, no nodding out or missing work and I purchased it from a local hippy Dutch shop very cheap and civilised :p. I felt healthier as I was drinking less booze as the kratom gave me a buzz from 2 beers.

I now know that kratom is quite a complex creature and was also providing a mild SSRI type effect, which wasn't something I signed up for. I noticed If I used fairly large doses of kratom then my interest in sex dropped significantly. This seems to be a common side effect and not one I can accept.

In the end I left the Netherlands and quit kratom. The withdrawals were nasty. brain zaps, sleep paralysis, sickness, insomnia, anxiety. Childs play compared to what I've heard strong opiates withdrawals are like but bad enough to stop me from ever taking kratom again.

Saying all this, it did feel like a relatively benign substance. And I hear great things about its use for pain management and withdrawals from heavy opiates. I would pick it over tramadol for moderate pain management.

A very harmless substance with minimal wd aspect's. WD are easy to handle the effects are like traditional opoid's. Loved it.