• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Post your experience with kratom please

providing a mild SSRI type effect, which wasn't something I signed up for. I noticed If I used fairly large doses of kratom then my interest in sex dropped significantly. This seems to be a common side effect and not one I can accept.
Nitpicking but I'd say it's the D2 antagonismus (like your favourite antipsychotic does) which causes loss of interest in sex. SSRIs tend to mess with the ability in men but less so the interest. I'd love to separate the antipsychotic alkaloid from the opioid mitragynime but once I'm not a chemist and twice I read that it might be mitragynime itself having those side effects but it's possible that they confused the terms, wouldn't be the first time.

But based on the withdrawal symptoms it's indeed likely that we have a SSRI here - the paper I read only described 5ht2a, D2 antagonism, mu partial agonism and adenosine antagonism (like caffeine). Then kanna (Sceletum tortiosum) would be a good aid for Kratom withdrawal, it was effective for venlafaxine which is one of the worst antidepressants in relation to abstinence effects. Or fluoxetine which after a while has a half life of more than a week and tapers itself.

Was great for me, I was addicted to tramadol and codeine. I switched from that to kratom and felt fine. Then eventually I came off kratom. But only when I was diagnosed with adhd and started elvanse. The switch from kratom to elvanse was fine, I don’t remember any withdrawals as such. I tried to stop Kratom by myself and couldn’t do it. Had horrible WD. Restless legs etc. then I came off my adhd meds suddenly due to pregnancy and felt no withdraws at all. so in the end it helped me get off other meds and live a normal life

Nitpicking but I'd say it's the D2 antagonismus (like your favourite antipsychotic does) which causes loss of interest in sex. SSRIs tend to mess with the ability in men but less so the interest. I'd love to separate the antipsychotic alkaloid from the opioid mitragynime but once I'm not a chemist and twice I read that it might be mitragynime itself having those side effects but it's possible that they confused the terms, wouldn't be the first time.

But based on the withdrawal symptoms it's indeed likely that we have a SSRI here - the paper I read only described 5ht2a, D2 antagonism, mu partial agonism and adenosine antagonism (like caffeine). Then kanna (Sceletum tortiosum) would be a good aid for Kratom withdrawal, it was effective for venlafaxine which is one of the worst antidepressants in relation to abstinence effects. Or fluoxetine which after a while has a half life of more than a week and tapers itself.

What about St. John’s wort or L dopa? I definitely can tell that Kratom is an SSRI when I quit I get incredible brain fog

One encounter with Codeine. Some Tramadol. And o-DesmethylTramadol. I honoustly didn't experience any of the described effect's on Kratom. Neither on my libido or as of coming of a SSRI which sounds like horror.

Never have had that with any drug (libido problems), except on o-DSMT. So I am guessing its an opoid thing but not one Mytragina Specioca displayed. I might be an exception to the rule though.