The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Post when you think marijuana will be legalized in your state\country

weekend addiction

Bluelighter
I'm going to say 2 years for PA. And I'm betting Obama will legalize it for the country toward the end of his term.

Here in FL, I fear it'll be a cold day in hell before we see any loosening of the laws at all. But it could be done in a day if there was a way to get the preponderance of old folks (my peers) to appreciate how good it would be for them and how much they would enjoy the feeling of well being it invokes.

Id have to disagree with 2 years for PA. Quaker State bro, were always the last in progressive ideas

Like in the UK our prime minister said the Current drug policy is working and drug users numbers are falling, which is complete bull shit because how would they even measure that in the first place. Fucking Tory's

As a Florida citizen, as well, I doubt the Sunshine State will be of the first few who legalize it. I'm sort of thinking that once a handful of states legalize it, the surrounding states will follow (so you don't have to throw your pot out when crossing the state border..), and then the rest of the states will jump on the band wagon. Basically how other countries might follow the USA, but on a state level.

Why would Obama legalize it nationwide? He's been taking a different look on the war on drugs, but I thought he wanted the states to choose?

the discussion of legalization of Cannabis, or other Cannabis legal matters is not the main focus of Cannabis discussion. As sited in the Cannabis Discussion Guidelines:

There are other forums where cannabis issues can be discussed.
Detailed descriptions of personal experiences still belong in Trip Reports. Regional discussion forums are appropriate when dealing with specific local issues. Drug Culture might also be a suitable place for an issue you want to discuss. Legal Discussion is best suited for regional forums, but still up to the discretion of the moderators.

I sometimes let topics that somewhat deal with legal matters stay in CD, but this thread is better suited for regional discussion. in this case it would be North & South American Social & Drug Discussion. Gonna send this thread that way. Mods can merge with like threads if necessary.

CD------>NSASDD

Tx

prob no earlier then ~10 years

oh this is legalization i was thinkin MMJ

legalized? prob not until the feds do it

legalized for medical use or for recreation like colorado???

actually now that I think about it, it is going to be quite interesting to see how this process unfolds, since its more a matter of when not if.

Id be cool with it being decriminalized and just having like Jersey or Delaware have MMJ

I wouldnt want a MMJ card anyway, maybe its just that PA Paranoia but somethin about the govt being able to file me down as a pothead just doesnt sit well.

I could see US federal rescheduling to allow MMJ within the next 4 years. Federal legalization is not happening anytime soon. I would hope New York will allow MMJ in the next couple of years, if NJ has it, like WTF? I dont think New York will legalize recreational use until the feds loosen up a bit, although personal use is dicriminalized here.

really we just need these old politicians to finally kick the bucket and get people that aren't brainwashed in there.

I mean they'll still be scumbags, but if they just back the fuck off i'd be cool with that.

I don't think marijuana will ever be legalized in the U.S. unless some powerful cooperation get behind the movement. Not many people want to listen to hippies about legalizing marijuana. The problem with marijuana legalization are the supporters more than anything.

wait are we talking legalized or decriminalized?

I'd be cool with just the second one and thats what I thought the thread was about :!