• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

artempo-Anish_Kapoor_mirror.sized.jpg

Just came from seeing this in exhibition. Sculpture of Anish Kapoor. If you ever get the opportunity, it's very cool stuff. I'm thinking of returning to the exhibit on a low dose of LSD :) But honestly it's mind-bending in itself! Apparently he has a large-scale public work in a park in Chicago, where I might be finding myself in the nearish future ... very cool stuff, very cool indeed.

These are rooms from The Fox Hotel in Copenhagen. http://www.hotelfox.dk/

Each room has been designed by a different artist.

I plan to demolish my current house and develop in the next 2-3 years and in the meantime I want to redecorate some of the rooms. It feels good not having to decorate to suit future buyers tastes.......

fox3.jpg

fox2.jpg

fox1.jpg

those are awesome. if you get that house managed like that... consider me for an invite. cheers!

wow, I totally want my bedroom to be painted like that first room is.

The house is pretty much a blank canvas at the moment. Its 100 years old but the land is too valuable as a single dwelling.

I doubt I will do the tiled room.... too expensive to then demolish it. The painted murals are more likely.

We should start attacking 2 or 3 of the rooms in the next couple of months.

Be assured pics will follow....:D

An oldie but goodie for me.

Although Egon Schiele is mostly known for his human figures and erotics, he has some very interesting landscapes and other vistas.

In the early 1900's he did a series that of houses and nature that present a really interesting side of him. This one has awesome colors:

Crescent.jpg

These were in Krumau, Bohemia. [Krumau- Crescent of Houses (The Small City V)], I like how little signs of "life" soften the painting, as well as the drawing closer brings you uneven ground, imperfection, even that wet-cardboard shack look. It never crosses over into ugly. It still makes sense considering the rest of the structures.

And so it makes me think, about the illusion of security we all have, and how pulling in closer means less firm answers, yet more signs of habitation, clothes, etc. And these things, they co-exist, they're not polar opposites, but realities in a constant dance with each other.

And I also like seeing human settlements per se and how they've changed through the years. What have we lost by stepping away from this kind of density?

Yadda yadda

Bla bla

QuestionEverything said:
gritosilenciosampliadaxu9.jpg

Silence, Oil, Jaime Valero
www.jaimevalero.com

Why? Because I'm a sucker for an amazing portrait and the realism and emotion in this one are just that.

that's paint??? that's absolutely fucking phenomenal!

TG that pic by christian ward is sick. :)

ryanlaughlin said:
that's paint??? that's absolutely fucking phenomenal!

TG that pic by christian ward is sick. :)

I agree on both counts.

The first one you talk about is a style of painting called "photo-realism". I'm pretty sure that they accomplish it by drawing a grid over a photo and working each block individually on a very large canvas. It can be pretty damn cool, but it seems sort of silly to me sometimes. You might as well take a photo...:\