• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

IMG-20220510-124113.jpg

This is a drawing by Escher, who was also a mathematician...
Escher is absolutely brilliant. I went to an exhibition of his materials some years ago in Dulwich, London. Fantastic stuff. All about the mystery of what is. That's what art and artists should aspire to be, to help inspire us all upwards towards greatness.

This is one of my favourites. All of the spheres makes me think of planets and Pink Floyd's track 'Echoes' when it was originally known as 'The return of the son of nothing' and had different opening lyrics:

"Planets meeting face to face
One to the other cried, how sweet!
If endlessly we might embrace
The perfect union deep in space

Heaven might this once relent
And give us leave to shine as one
Our two lights here forever, one light blended

And in that longing to be one
The parting summons' sound is drawn
I see you've got to travel on
And on and on, around the sun" - The Return of the Son of Nothing, Pink Floyd

The source of those lyrics itself comes from a poem by Mohammed Iqbal called "Two Planets".

merlin_182981535_2716de99-1af6-4996-b393-b7321ec352cf-superJumbo.jpg

Aight, nuff sed, Post a piece of art you like, and explain why. It dont have to be a long explanation, and try and keep it serious...Kind of like "what are you listenin to right now?" Of the art world. A piece that you are feelin at this moment. Jus for today, one that fits your mood. And what about it do you like, what connects w/u and makes you feel that its interesting, beautiful, intriguing, happy, etc. how does it relate to you and your day. what do you see in it thats special to you.

And one thing....DONT FUCKIN QUOTE PICTURES!!! Its just fine to say the persons name and reply to them without quotin the pic, and if somebody needs to see the pic that person posted as reference, then fuckin let em look at the post. There aint nothin more annoying than repeated pic quotes, it fills up space while there is still not discussion of it and it makes it annoying / hard to see whats new. try to not make ur images too big if you can help it.

Aight kids...Ill let one of ya's go first cuz i gotta think a lil on this one. Anyone can participate you aint gotta be a artist or nothin.I would love to see some good replies up in here.

Aight, nuff sed, Post a piece of art you like, and explain why. It dont have to be a long explanation, and try and keep it serious...Kind of like "what are you listenin to right now?" Of the art world. A piece that you are feelin at this moment. Jus for today, one that fits your mood. And what about it do you like, what connects w/u and makes you feel that its interesting, beautiful, intriguing, happy, etc. how does it relate to you and your day. what do you see in it thats special to you.

And one thing....DONT FUCKIN QUOTE PICTURES!!! Its just fine to say the persons name and reply to them without quotin the pic, and if somebody needs to see the pic that person posted as reference, then fuckin let em look at the post. There aint nothin more annoying than repeated pic quotes, it fills up space while there is still not discussion of it and it makes it annoying / hard to see whats new. try to not make ur images too big if you can help it.

Aight kids...Ill let one of ya's go first cuz i gotta think a lil on this one. Anyone can participate you aint gotta be a artist or nothin.I would love to see some good replies up in here.
How do you post an attachment here