• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Post pics of your book collection here?

I fished out the books from behind the furniture (until I knock them down again, I would get a bookshelf but just don't have that many books), so thought I'd post them. As I said, I haven't read them all yet, and there's a couple out on loan to people.

I'm pretty cliche with my Hunter and Bukowski :eek:

NSFW:
SAM_0004.jpg

SAM_0005.jpg

SAM_0006.jpg

I see you have "Dictionary". So many people seem to have it in their collection- I must check it out sometime.

Have you read Will Self's The Book of Dave? Any good?
I read the back n liked the idea but haven't read it yet. I started reading it and didn't get very far; I can't remember why. I probably didn't understand it or summit.

Also, what about The Dice Man? I think I may have read more than half and just thought fuck it I'm not enjoying this anymore and dropped it into the charity shop.

I came to exactly the same conclusion as you about The Dice Man, about a 100 pages in, I had exactly the same thought. It might be better listened to audio book, if i ever see a copy i'll get it, cos it should be worth the effort, i think its highly acclaimed, rock stars (kelly jones) claimed it was their favourite book if thats anything to go by.

As with nearly all of Self's Novels i found The Book Of Dave unreadable, but i persistently kept buying them, (cos they could be had cheaply at charity shops and I am a huge fan of the man himself i thought one of his books must be readable for mere mortals) yet to find one, apart from his short story collecetions which are very much more easily accessable even for a complete 'middle brow' reader like myself.

yeah dr mukti and other tales of woe, and tough tough toys for tough tough boys are good accessible will self short story collections. I haven't read the book of dave. The dictionary definately comes in handy, I kind of enjoy that though when he throws up some word i've never heard before.

If you want a truly impenetrable read, try Being and Nothingness by jean paul sartre.

I came to exactly the same conclusion as you about The Dice Man, about a 100 pages in, I had exactly the same thought. It might be better listened to audio book, if i ever see a copy i'll get it, cos it should be worth the effort, i think its highly acclaimed, rock stars (kelly jones) claimed it was their favourite book if thats anything to go by.

As with nearly all of Self's Novels i found The Book Of Dave unreadable, but i persistently kept buying them, (cos they could be had cheaply at charity shops and I am a huge fan of the man himself i thought one of his books must be readable for mere mortals) yet to find one, apart from his short story collecetions which are very much more easily accessable even for a complete 'middle brow' reader like myself.

the dice man is absolutely brilliant. it's well worth persevering with. i didn't find i had to persevere with it, though. i usually find 9/10 tht if you have to force yourself to read something, it's not for you. though slaughterhouse 5 and crime and punishment are exceptions.

Iv'e had/got a few days off work, Im determined to finish Clive Barker's Cabal, for some reason I keep picking up other books and reading them instead. It's not even that Cabal is a dull difficult and too long a read, it's quite the opposite. I should be able to polish it off over the next few days, i definitely will do if its quiet at work on Saturday and Sunday, which it usually is.