• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Post meth depression, any tips?

I'm one week out from that 200 mg methamphetamine dose today.

Yesterday morning I took "Solgar full spectrum curcumin" supplement and felt a little off.

Last night, hardly any sleep, and today damn the depression just hits hard and heavy.

It really sucks.

I thought worst of it was passed as I was beginning to feel a little better yesterday but today is difficult.
Hang in there! Sounds like you're just going through the phases on your way back to normal. I'm no expert just personal experience. I had a few runs where it took me multiple weeks after just to feel a little less depressed and hopeless. I had multiple occasions where I would just ball my eyes out over things. I believe I was pretty much getting back to the old me around end of week 3 maybe slightly longer. From what you said, it sounds like you've already made some good improvement back towards your normal self. Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow or the next day.

16th february – 30 mg amphetamines
27th February – 100 mg amphetamines

4th March – 40 mg amphetamines
13th March – 65 mg amphetamines
22nd March – 60 mg amphetamines

5th April – 120 mg amphetamines
15th April – 160 mg amphetamine
25th April – 400 mg weak amphetamines (got some tachycardia after this).

4th May – 120 mg amphetamines

14th May – 35 mg methamphetamines
19th May – 35 mg methamphetamines
23rd May – 25 mg methamphetamines
26th May – 85 mg methamphetamine
27th May – 80 mg methamphetamine (got severe tachycardia and psychosis after this).

Inventory of the sum total of meth/amphetamine use since beginning in February.

Jebus the time went so quick and use went way over what I anticipated.

So glad to hear you’ve turned the corner and are mostly mended.

Also pretty relieved you realised amphetamines are really not safe for you at all. Low-risk and sustained cognitive performance enhancement from amps is really only possible for the tiny fraction of the population who genuinely have ADHD (which is far far fewer people than have the diagnosis). Everyone else is gambling against the house.

For whatever reason, yesterday and today, from the time I wake up to the time I get out of bed, that few hours in the morning;

Horrible.

Depression is very present.
Those same existential questions and insecurity hanging over your head.

But once my body become active enough to get up, become active, it's all good.

I'm guessing the neurons still being in "sleep" mode means they're not discharging enough chemical to give the standard sense of well being.

i.e. perhaps the meth raped the nerve terminals so dramatically, standard mood can't be upheld, until transmitter levels are fully restored?

Over the last week, that depression had been present around the clock, thankfully now only in the morning.

The anticipation being that will lift shortly also as neural recovery progresses.

I found it helpful to recognise the direct connection between my mind ruminating on various issues I had little immediate control over. For a long time I though it was these issues that were making me depressed. But they were not. It was the ruminating that caused my distress, not the root problems themselves.

I found ruminating worst in the morning when I woke up but just lay in bed. So setting an early alarm and having a task to do immediately (Execercise, cook breakfast, read a chapter etc etc) closed off the chance to get stuck in endless distressing thought loops.

I found it helpful to recognise the direct connection between my mind ruminating on various issues I had little immediate control over. For a long time I though it was these issues that were making me depressed. But they were not. It was the ruminating that caused my distress, not the root problems themselves.

I found ruminating worst in the morning when I woke up but just lay in bed. So setting an early alarm and having a task to do immediately (Execercise, cook breakfast, read a chapter etc etc) closed off the chance to get stuck in endless distressing thought loops.
Absolutely fantastic post!

Or, emotional liability?

Damn I've done meth before but never experienced this kind of emotional flux.

I'm 48 hours removed from a 200 mg meth dose, highly irregular user.

Feels like I'm going to break down in tears or have a nervous breakdown.

Seroquel?

A dose of mirtazapine?

Any pointers?
That’s weird , I just want to keep fucking for days after, watch some funny shit on tv smoke hella dabs and work out and sweat and hella water. Try some fish oil and multi vitamins. Working out and sweating is by far the best. Get your body to reset its chemistry and release the dopamine naturally

I've slashed my wrists before while coming down from crack... unfortunately this is a very true and very real experience for many that constantly use meth or any other stimulant.

Cognitive conductual therapy helps.
Re-educating your brain about your conducts its the only way to understand and skip horrible depressive episodes. Meth breakdowns in my personal experience were a horrid negative and fatalist loop of despair.
It’s not easy but not impossible either.

16th february – 30 mg amphetamines
27th February – 100 mg amphetamines

4th March – 40 mg amphetamines
13th March – 65 mg amphetamines
22nd March – 60 mg amphetamines

5th April – 120 mg amphetamines
15th April – 160 mg amphetamine
25th April – 400 mg weak amphetamines (got some tachycardia after this).

4th May – 120 mg amphetamines

14th May – 35 mg methamphetamines
19th May – 35 mg methamphetamines
23rd May – 25 mg methamphetamines
26th May – 85 mg methamphetamine
27th May – 80 mg methamphetamine (got severe tachycardia and psychosis after this).

Inventory of the sum total of meth/amphetamine use since beginning in February.

Jebus the time went so quick and use went way over what I anticipated.
your keeping a log well done

thats important.

though the up and down of the dose is probably doing more harm than good you need to stabilize the dose if you are to reduce.

myself I would just stop and then have some sleepers and just get up for food (force it down) then back to bed for a week or two.

then look at the situation from a couple weeks without.