• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Possible to IM opioids, or IV exclusively?

Even in the depths of my addiction I put effort into doing things cleanly. Use new rigs and swipe my arm and spoon with alcohol. What is so difficult about that?

Nothing, what's difficult is actually always having new equipment on hand.

When you're homeless and spend all day begging and shit and don't have a car or bank cards or time to risk not making money, it can be difficult to always have new equipment.

Rigs and prep pads are so cheap though.

I have been with people who have said stupid things like "I like my old rig" when I offer them a new needle or "I need to get it in my arm as quickly as possible" when I offer them a prep pad.

I suppose when one has accepted such a damaging habit, they are not concerned with basic health precautions.

Rigs and prep pads are so cheap though.

I have been with people who have said stupid things like "I like my old rig" when I offer them a new needle or "I need to get it in my arm as quickly as possible" when I offer them a prep pad.

I suppose when one has accepted such a damaging habit, they are not concerned with basic health precautions.

I agree that there are reasons that are just stupid.

The problem, for me anyway, isn't that they were too expensive, it's that I just didn't have time to get them.

At the time literally my entire waking life was spent working on getting money for drugs. I didn't have a car, and where I need to be to make money is often not also a place where I can easily buy new equipment.

So, to buy new equipment I'm gonna need to get to a pharmacy or an exchange, either walking or public transport, either way could easily lose an hour or so out of my day. That's time I could have been spent working on getting money.

When I can just reuse my existing needle, that's just too simple to pass up most of the time.

And that reasoning is the same almost every day.

Sure sometimes I'd have extra money so I could generally get new equipment probably every 2-4 weeks, But that's still reusing needles a lot. And a lot of shots without prep pads or anything.

Plus, once you start doing that, it's all too easy to keep doing that.

I agree though, "I like my old rig" is a stupid reason. So much so I somewhat suspect that it's not actually the real reason. That sounds like the kinda thing you come up with when you don't wanna say whatever the real reason so you just pull a reason out of your ass.

Yeah that's true too. In that kinda state you've generally taken so many risks and your life is in such a shit state that it's quite easy to just not care that much anymore.

It is kind of funny. When I first began shooting, I viewed it as a medical thing. Like I was doing the kind of thing nurses and doctors do. Being smart and playing with lure lock syringes and micron filters. Buying bacteriostatic water and sharps containers. My own little lab. Exotic plants. Good wine.

And after a few years it was just something sick and depraved.

How could I have fucked up my life so bad? I was smart. I got everything I wanted, according to plan. I had such a high caliber woman, beautiful children, my own house, driving a Volvo.

Why, Jackie? Why did you throw it all away? You had everything. How could you be so weak?

It is kind of funny. When I first began shooting, I viewed it as a medical thing. Like I was doing the kind of thing nurses and doctors do. Being smart and playing with lure lock syringes and micron filters. Buying bacteriostatic water and sharps containers. My own little lab. Exotic plants. Good wine.

How could I have fucked up my life so bad? I was smart. I got everything I wanted, according to plan. I had such a high caliber woman, beautiful children, my own house, driving a Volvo.

Why, Jackie? Why did you throw it all away? You had everything. How could you be so weak?
Drugs dont discriminate, they dont care of Ur white,black,tall,dat,have Money,are poor, with a wife AND kids, single,jew, Catholic,etc.... They fuck all us up inthe end.

Japnese-Man-Laughing-Funny-Gif-Picture.gif

lol - I'm a little like this also, my own little lab etc.

Except the only thing I shoot is melanotan 2 subcutaneously, and botox into my forehead.
I didn't GAF with ketamine which I've used a handful of times however, I just sterile'd water that shit, cotton wool filtered and IM'd (I did this for experimental therapeutic purposes however).

From reading this thread it would be IV every time from now if I were to use it again however.

Still though, I'm quite pedantic with all that shit, sterile vials, micron filters, benzyl alcohol, correct gauge needles etc.

On a grimer musing, I understand lethal injection is administered via some old school barbituate - pentobarbital or something.

But there was an issue with lethal injections cause pentobarbitol was in short supply or something.

Is there any reason why authorities simply don't sub in fentanyl as the drug of choice for state executions/lethal injections?
I mean if it's so efficient and effective at inducing fatality in even relatively small quantities, and let's face it - cheap.

I believe this actually was/is a conversation in some death penalty states precisely for the reasons you outlined. It really does make more sense than the 3 drug cocktail that has been in use for lethal injection. One drug with a very low margin for lethal overdose sounds so much easier. Especially considering that lethal injection is one of the most botched methods of execution in the way it is currently done, up there next to the electric chair.

Mentions one case of fentanyl use for lethal injection.

And yes apparently there's several reported cases of injection failures resulting in prolonged and painful gasping etc.

Mentions one case of fentanyl use for lethal injection.

And yes apparently there's several reported cases of injection failures resulting in prolonged and painful gasping etc.

Yeah from what I've learned about it, when it fucks up it does so in spectacularly gruesome fashion. Much more humane and practical to just put someone out with fentanyl and maybe a sedative adjunct. I'd imagine it's cheaper as well.

I watched something on the death penalty and apparently lethal injection death can take up to ten minutes

Same, my cephalic vein from my right arm has a Target from so many years of banging. Literally takes me 5 seconds to register.

That's funny. I used to use permanent marker to circle where I could hit in an emergency, and I remember marking a reference position/landmark (a brown dot, for example) as well, so i would remember what direction to insert the needle as well. I was forced to hit into deep veins when my superficial veins collpased.

Even in the depths of my addiction I put effort into doing things cleanly. Use new rigs and swipe my arm and spoon with alcohol. What is so difficult about that?
In regards to what is so difficult, is when there isn't enough money to barely get by without being sick. In those situations, you're already in a constant desperate state, so taking precautions goes right out the window.

A lot of addicts don't have those luxuries. But yes, if you're in a position to take those precautions, then I'm glad you took advantage and did it.

Also, keep in mind, some drugs are extremely dirty and non-sterile, like BTH. So even with good technique and sterile equipment, the drug itself will quickly destroy smaller veins due to their inability to saturate the drug quickly enough and it will start eating away the vein wall - sometimes one shot alone would be enough to partially collapse a vein.

People with bigger vessels don't suffer from that issue as severely, since the more blood available immediately, the more it mitigates that risk.

That's funny. I used to use permanent marker to circle where I could hit in an emergency, and I remember marking a reference position/landmark (a brown dot, for example) as well, so i would remember what direction to insert the needle as well. I was forced to hit into deep veins when my superficial veins collpased.

In regards to what is so difficult, is when there isn't enough money to barely get by without being sick. In those situations, you're already in a constant desperate state, so taking precautions goes right out the window.

A lot of addicts don't have those luxuries. But yes, if you're in a position to take those precautions, then I'm glad you took advantage and did it.

Also, keep in mind, some drugs are extremely dirty and non-sterile, like BTH. So even with good technique and sterile equipment, the drug itself will quickly destroy smaller veins due to their inability to saturate the drug quickly enough and it will start eating away the vein wall - sometimes one shot alone would be enough to partially collapse a vein.

People with bigger vessels don't suffer from that issue as severely, since the more blood available immediately, the more it mitigates that risk.
Women especially have such small veins, i cringe when i see documentaries about em and they're struggling to find a vein when their boyfriend's already registered and pushing the plunger.

Women especially have such small veins, i cringe when i see documentaries about em and they're struggling to find a vein when their boyfriend's already registered and pushing the plunger.

My gosh I know, have you ever seen Dope Sick Love on HBO?

I'd agree there. I was often called upon to hit other people as I always carried good equipment. The majority of the time women were the one's I was asked to hit due to the vein issues you've mentioned. Hands seemed to be a common go to point for a lot of the women I knew for some reason. Sorta off-topic for the thread but since it's now being discussed & could potentially be helpful for those trying to hit a female & having difficulty I've found that in many cases the breasts were a quite viable & underused injection site. One of my friends GF's asked me to try hitting her there as she had terrible veins & was trying to come up with somewhere different to try & it worked remarkably well. From then on it became a frequent request from female users in the "circles" I traveled. I don't know how common use of that particular site is outside of the group of users that I've encountered. Nor do I know how well it works for the majority of women outside said group but from my anecdotal experience it was a surprisingly viable location that many wouldn't normally consider. :\

As I mentioned I'm not at all familiar with this practice outside of the group of people I've interacted nor am I familiar with the safety implications (I've never been good with comprehending certain things in anatomy) but from personal experience it was helpful in the many instances I was asked to perform injections. Like somewhat else in the thread mentioned I was quite pedantic about my supplies & equipment. One of the many reasons I was asked to perform injections. I'd happily hand out equipment but in my area most users preferred other sizes or when unable to hit with the size I used. As for myself I was able to use other sizes if absolutely necessary but I was an artist with my trusty 31g 5/16th. ;)

I don't have any sort of needle fixation that I'm aware of but the discussion in this thread does cause that certain feeling to arise. In my case it's more of a craving for the experience than anything involving the needle itself I'd say. I crave the experience that results from using the needle not using the needle itself. Obviously the images described (the flash, etc.) trigger a "craving" but in my case it's a craving for the effect. To me the needle is just another tool in the toolkit albeit a very efficient one. I seem to be in a small minority in my experience regarding the needle though. Admittedly when I first tried IV I IV'd everything but even during that initial infatuation period I IV'd everything because I wanted to know if it was "better" that way. That & I was going off the deep end in general due to some issues but I digress. In my case I would use the needle when it was appropriate. For example I generally would not IV oxycodone as there is a negligible bio-availability increase & I personally do not experience a rush upon the administration of oxycodone regardless of dose; sadly enough. :\ Where as continuing the example using oxymorphone as opposed to oxycodone I would definitely go IV. Oxymorphone has a phenomenal rush in my experience as well as a significant increase in bio-availability. As such I would IV oxymorphone where as I would not generally IV oxycodone. (The generally caveat being that when it's offered free & such I'm not turning it down. =D)

I think I understand the reasoning behind needle fixation & have known many people that experienced said fixation but I don't experience said fixation myself. Perhaps it has something to do with being on the autism spectrum (Asperger's). Perhaps it's something completely different. Either way I know that I'm very lucky in that regard & feel blessed that it's not an issue that I experience. Honestly I've never quite figured out exactly why I'm different from others in this regard. I just know that I am. :\

As for answering JohnBoy2000's questions regarding Fentanyl in particular I've already replied in the other thread on the topic he posted Lethality Potential of Fentanyl. Fentanyl has been used in lethal injections. Further information regarding said topic can be found in the other thread. :)

Nor do I know how well it works for the majority of women outside said group but from my anecdotal experience it was a surprisingly viable location that many wouldn't normally consider.

Do you mean the veins in these women's breast were better suitable for injection than some of the peripheral hand veins? Beyond the main veins in the dorsal venous network and the typical veins they drain into (medial, cephalic and basilic), I can see some of those veins being better than the perforating veins in the hands and forearm themselves - although riskier for adverse effects.

I'd agree there. I was often called upon to hit other people as I always carried good equipment. The majority of the time women were the one's I was asked to hit due to the vein issues you've mentioned. Hands seemed to be a common go to point for a lot of the women I knew for some reason.

Funny you should say that. Back of my left hand was one of my main go to sites for a long time. I couldn't really tell you why (other than that I'm right handed :p), just that it worked surprisingly well even though it's probably a smaller vein than the ones in my arm.

Funny you should say that. Back of my left hand was one of my main go to sites for a long time. I couldn't really tell you why (other than that I'm right handed :p), just that it worked surprisingly well even though it's probably a smaller vein than the ones in my arm.

Hey me too high five 🤚