• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Possible to contact the dead using DMT?

IIf you're familiar with flatland, McKenna says somewhere that we ought to think of "mind" and "life" as a 4d hyperobject penentrating into our 3d space of experience the same way that we think of a 3d object like a hand penentrating the 2d space of the flatlanders. The hand appears first as 4 expanding circles, then 5, then 1, and then it contracts and vanishes as it passes through the plane. Similarly the passing of mind through time and space appears as birth, life, and death, when in reality the hyperobject was never born and never died but simply always is.

Funny enough I just saw one of the Cosmos series by Carl Sagan explaining something somewhat similar as far as dimensions. The concepts are a great way to at least start to explain how things can be perceived.

Good stuff from everyone though. Dwayne, Invert, and everyone else, great food for thought. From what we know it is probable that there is more to life, reality, and the universe than we can perceive in our regular every day consciousness.

I just went back to the beginning of the thread and noticed this post:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8827370&postcount=14

And I have the feeling it hits the nail on the head. I have always felt my deepest psychedelic experiences were telling me "there is really only ONE consciousness" (much like Mark Twain tells us at the conclusion of his final book "The Mysterious Stranger"). That what DMT reveals to us is that we are all leaves on The Tree, and eventually fall off... that as leaves we temporarily "borrow" some of the The Tree's life-energy and BELIEVE that we are individually conscious, but that in truth, individuality is an illusion. Only The One Mind really exists, and each of our individual minds is just channeling a little bit of it.

Not in that post, but something that occurred to me once, or perhaps I read some where (Alan Watts, perhaps?), I don't recall: There is also the analogy of the central sun inside of a large sphere with an infinite number of stained glass windows, which look like each of us... the central light shines thru us and we believe our beautiful little exquisitely fashioned image in the stained glass is somehow the source of our very own "light", our awareness, and that there are billions of other individual stained-glass "selves" generating their own unique individual special consciousness from within themselves, but that in truth there is really only one GREAT source of light in the center of it all, only ONE true common source of being and awareness and conscious illumination, which we all share, without realizing it so long as we hold onto the belief that "I" am my little personal window, nothing more. When really my individual body and design and experiences are just a set of spatially co-localized unique little bits and pieces of colored glass, but that the light I feel as "I" is actually the light coming from the central source, the one and only one true "I", the very same light, the very same "I" that fills every other conscious being in the universe.

The post suggests doing DMT ayahuasca style, rather than smoking it as it is much too fast via smoking. That this understanding of the common central "Tree" or "Sun" is much more learn-able by oral "ayahuasca" style dosing.

I do have some syrian rue seeds, as well as some highly purified plant-source extracted n,n-DMT. Perhaps I need to combine them soon, while trying to keep these images in mind. Hmmm.....

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure you could do that. You could do it in a lucid dream even, without drugs

Do people seriously not look at the fucking time/datestamps when they go posting in random threads that came up in a search result? The last response to this thread was almost 4 years ago man, open your eyes.

I won't argue that, haha....but really, how oblivious can some people be? It happens far too often to just let slide lol. The keyboard warrior inside yearns for battle!

Only the preliving can be contacted but not by DMT.

Do people seriously not look at the fucking time/datestamps when they go posting in random threads that came up in a search result? The last response to this thread was almost 4 years ago man, open your eyes.

But we wouldn't have been reminded of this awesomeness:

beefnbrockly said:
MY DEAD BABIES CAN CONTACT YA TUMMYS ladies@!!!

;)

I've never tried DMT (probably I never will as I start feeling oldie), but I had different experiences with what we could consider 'death':

- 5-MeO-DMT : Personal Exp. Summary: I've felt the typical tunnels (what some people see when they are about to have an accident, for example), images, feeling being part of a limit-less energy cascade, and coming back to life on the wake up :) (including the typical welcome flash)
- Salvia Divinorum : Personal Exp. Summary: In one of the sections of the trip, I've spoken to different death members from my family.

It's like if these two substances could trigger the 'hidden' resource inside my brain to have this (almost typical) 'human-brain-programmed' experiences.

People speak about DMT like having fullness, and about 5-MeO-DMT like having emptiness.