• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Possible to contact the dead using DMT?

While I don't personally believe in an afterlife, I could certainly see how one could experience communication with the deceased whilst in the throes of a DMT breakthrough. I'm sure the subjective experience of it would be very real & meaningful. As to whether you're actually talking to dead people, no one can say.

I'm pretty sure the dead are gone. however, if they aren't, I'm willing to bet that the relm they inhabit is far to interesting for them to be bothered in creating contact with the living.

Are you sure this isn't a joke? The answer is obviously "no". If someone's body ceases to respond to stimuli or function organically, you taking drugs... I'm really not going to bother. This should be closed. May as well have just asked yourself if you believe in a god and responded.

^^ Wow. I think he was asking for other people's views which are just as valid as anybody's. Your response makes you sound like a dick, I'm afraid.

I don't know the answer to this question, but it's nice to imagine that such a thing could happen. I'm not very optomistic about life... so I stay optomistic about death since there's nothing that can prove what happens after it.

No, DMT will not help you contact dead people, aliens, mayan gods, etc etc.

The only person DMT will put you in contact with is yourself, imho.

Im going to agree with Roger on this one, I don't think any drug can help you contact the dead (that assumes in the first place that they can even be contacted in any way). I think DMT is much more likely to create an intensely bizarre experience that a lot of people clearly interpret as contact with otherworldly beings, whereas I tend to think of those experiences as being different parts of myself, or if you like Carl Jung, archetypes from our collective memory...but even that Im not entirely sold on. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the real response Roger :)

I'm just trying to find a way to contact my mother who suddenly died about three weeks ago at not even age 60.

My condolences, Volcano. <3

I hope you find the peace you're searching for.

Graham Hancock wrote a book about contacting the dead on psychedelics after his father died. It's called "Supernatural". He talks about taking DMT.

BloodTranceFusion
you strayed in the wrong forum

being skeptical doesn't mean closing your brain to unusual ideas, it only means not falling for them without considering them first

you're also mixing up things that are not necessarily linked at all
but if you haven't thought about them, you probably haven't realized that the existence of afterlife and of god have a priori nothing in common

volcano
according to my convictions, sockpuppet and Roger&Me are both on the right tracks

to round things up, i'll give my version, which is shared by quite a few other people

dmt showed me that we all share the same consciousness
we're all leaves of the same tree
when a leaf falls, the tree, which is the real life source behind the leaf, keeps being

so yes, you may talk to yourself, but will also understand that you and your mom (dead or alive), and the whole universe are actually the same consciousness
by talking to yourself, you'll be talking to everything

individuality is an illusion

people interpret differently the messages they get from dmt but if you're lucky, it can enormously help you relativize the idea of death (and the sadness that comes with it)

you'll realize that you're the universe
that your mom too
and that she never really disappeared, and was all the while only a manifestation of the universe which is still here

ayahuasca would probably be much more useful than smoked dmt, because of the duration

i have no time right now to try to better explain what i wrote, but if you take ayahuasca you may not need any explanation

No, DMT will not help you contact dead people, aliens, mayan gods, etc etc.

The only person DMT will put you in contact with is yourself, imho.

Fully agreed. However, don't make the mistake of saying something like this at the DMT-Nexus -- in ignorance, I displayed skepticism of DMT's ability to grant one knowledge of the external world, and was quickly relieved of my naivete by the explanation that entity contact was only impossible if I "accepted current scientific paradigms". :| My bad, I didn't know I was supposed to throw centuries of cumulative advances in humanity's collective knowledge out the window, because they conflict with what I want to believe.

I don't think so no.

From my experiences with DMT, though relatively few, I have hypothesized that we all become aware of the best within ourselves, and see the light - the light which is complete confidence in oneself and complete acceptance of oneself.

I don;t believe we can contact the dead, or even a higher power through psychedelic use simply because the entities I see in my trips - well, they are based on Eastern iconography, which is something I've been drawn to for some reason since an early age.

This COULD be a manifestation of something else, and because I seem to relate more with this kinda thing, that's how the entities choose to appear to ME personally, but I don't think so - I think the whole "we only use 10% of your brain function on a day-to-day basis" comes into play here, and we just push the levels higher when taking psychedelics.

Seeing as DMT is the grandaddy of psychs, it stands to reason that the experience will be close to absolutely divine.

The simple fact of the matter is that nobody can KNOW if we can contact the dead or not. You can BELIEVE so though, if you wish.

And Volcano, if you take DMT and believe you have got in touch with your mother in any form, and you take comfort out of it, then that is all that matters. There will always be people who will say it's impossible, and others who say it is possible. The only way for you to satisfy yourself is to try it for yourself.

I wouldn't rely on this to cope, though. Either way my heart goes out to you. Keep safe, enjoy the DMT regardless (and responsibly), and if you feel inclined, get back to us and tell us how it went.

Peace.

The simple fact of the matter is that nobody can KNOW if we can contact the dead or not. You can BELIEVE so though, if you wish.

Yeah, but this fact is irrelevant to the discussion. We don't KNOW anything. How do you know that your memory of your entire life up the point that you're reading THIS sentence wasn't fabricated, and this is the only moment in time that ever has existed and ever will?

All human "knowledge" is belief.

^ That is getting deeper into it than I intended... although I perfectly agree with you.

However I feel what I said was relevant... the topic is about weather you can communicate with the dead through DMT, going into a debate about weather or not we really exist and weather or not there is such a thing as reality etc etc, is not gonna help!

How do you know that your memory of your entire life up the point that you're reading THIS sentence wasn't fabricated, and this is the only moment in time that ever has existed and ever will?
Well, I can't know it for absolute sure, because nothing comes as absolute sure (apart from truisms - including elaborate truisms such as mathematical proofs), as you say. But 'know' does have a meaning in common usage which describes something one can do. This should be no surprise; a word that describes an impossible act is surely bound to fall out of usage, unless the people who supposedly do that act are fictional (and popular) which, in the case of 'knowing', they are not. I'd suggest that 'know' as commonly used means, if unpacked somewhat, something like 'have enough confidence in the truth (i.e. useful predictiveness) of this claim that I'm happy to base my future behaviour on its correctness'. I'm not saying that's exactly what everyone implies with 'know', and certainly not that people necessarily always have conscious access to that way of describing what they mean by 'know'. But I am saying that people use 'know' meaningfully and pragmatically despite the technical unknowability of everything.

Just because nothing is known certainly, that does not mean that one cannot estimate the probabilities of certain explanations and outcomes, given the evidence; and one can choose between competing explanations on the basis of which is best able to predict future outcomes with reasonable outcomes. If our memories of our past are so wholly fictional, as you suggest in your example 'unknowable', our future could presumably also change arbitrarily and whimsically with no regard to causality. Well, that's easily tested. *does a few things; notes their relatively predictable consequences* Well, as far as I'm concerned, physics and psychology have between them better, more predictive theories on the nature of time and memory than TheAppleCore, on this occasion. ;) :) (<--- Smilies to indicate very much no offence or antagonism intended here, and certainly no disrespect to you. I'm just meaning to be playfully debatey. :))