• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Possible beginnings of psychosis or just my imagination?

XTC_fiend

Bluelighter
General question related to effects of amphetamine psychosis or psychosis in general for that matter.

About a week and a half ago i had been on a 3 day binge of vyvanse as some may have read. I decided to blow of my good buddy sleep and stayed up for close to 4 days but fell asleep just shy. During that time of sleep deprivation i became acquainted with the effects of sleep deprivation. From what i have read my deprivation experience was not so bad. For me pictures and objects seemed to be getting larger or moving closer to me, peripherals had wavering, some light distortion, and basic movement of inaniment objects all around. kinda fun.. whatever on to the question.

THE QUESTION: I had taken 80mg of vyvanse yesterday slept fine last night and popped 160mgs today (due to tolerance sky rocketing) at around 6 A.M. it is now 8:45 im most likely an hour or so away from baseline and within the past hour or so i have started to notice almost tracer like patterns every 20 min or so coming from behind me and speeding forward through my field of vision. There is some color distortion and images seem to stick in my vision after looking away. Things are starting to move and shake a little bit almost like when deleting apps from an iphone (great comparison i know.) Basically i feel like the beginnings of sleep deprivation are starting but ive only been awake from 6 A.M. to now 8:45 P.M. about 15 hours...

Im wondering if this could be mild psychosis or something else.. all i know is i kind of want an answer to prevent this from happening again unless prepared for it. This caught me off guard and startled me in the middle of walking and i almost hit a wall. lol silly me. But seriously im curious as to what this could be. I hope its just my imagination although its kinda cool

I'd say you're just super tweeked. If you were to, say, stay up for 3 more days and then take a super high dose of speed, then the moving and shaking really gets interesting. Not recommended btw.

To me sounds like sleep deprivation DEBT. My friend I can tell you from experience that you can not stay up for even 24 hours nevermind 4 days and than go to sleep expecting to feeel exactly way you did before. Your body needs sleeep and is shutting down things in your brain to compensate for the lack of sleep until you REPAY that debt by sleeping shit will only get worse and sometimes which it might seem in my case it is nearly impossible to repay the sleep debt unfortunately.

This definitely sounds like the beginnings of amphetamine psychosis, which usually sets in at 4 days, but can set in sooner if you don't eat, power nap, or drink water properly. Also, if you do other drugs it can make it worse in a much shorter time frame.

I've had mild tracers after staying up for about 56 hours on ephedrine, tramadol, Kratom, and caffeine about a year ago. I would be drinking water from the fountain on campus, and a transluscent superimposition of the glimmering drain at the bottom of the fountain stayed in the same place of my vision as I rocked my head drinking water.

That was scary enough, to be honest, in the sense that I knew something wasn't right in my brain. It was the only "hallucination" I've gotten, but I was eating every 4-6 hours, napping, etc., so it much have been the tramadol's (50mg twice that day) weird effects or the cumulative wear on the adrenal glands from all the adrenaline that was depleted from those four, low-dosed, PNS-active drugs. Also, I was using low dose Kava Kava, which has strange effects of its own.

Bottom line, when you get tracers, extremely vivid colors, etc, it basically means you are extremely sleep deprived, and amps, ephedrine, caffeine can take you there much faster than sobriety. For example, a classmate saw minor peripheral shadow people on only 30mg Adderall and 5mg Dex with caffeine dosed over 12 hours after not even 24 hours of being up, since he didn't eat and hydrate properly while on the drugs. You need a nice MEAL, HYDRATION, and a NICE, LONG SLEEP to recover. I've never seen the shadow people, and plan to keep it that way. ;)

the shadow people are annoying lol , its worse when they turn into real people standing 5 metres away from u , and even worse when theres gangs , each looking like individual people with different clothes on standing outside ur door . Ive had some of the worst psychosis 'trips' ive ever heard of , and theyre so fucking intense once uve pushed it too far . when i was an IV ice user , psychosis tripping was a regular thing , stay up for 5 days , trippin for 3 or so , run out of ice , sleep till next . By the end of my using if i replenished after a binge , as soon as id use again my psychosis would be back straight away , generally mildly . but last time i used i hadnt used in 2 months , had a shot and toked heaps , within 3-4 hours i was seeing hyroglyphics on the foil (extremely detailed) , then by 8 hours i was seeing gangs of individual people (not shadow people) outside and lots of other crazy shit .

But i dont understand why after waiting a week before another use and only staying up a normal amount of time as any other day would produce this. I mean yeah it is extremely mild but noticable. and bout an hour ago is when i started noticing the shadows out of the corner of my eye. i kept saying "what?" thinking somebody was standing there i looked and the "shadow" looked as if it darted away faster than i could follow. and just as i am typing there seems to be a slight film over my eyes which looks like the typical little things some people call floaties that you try to look at and it moves out of your view if you directly stare at it. lol idk drugs are wierd. im not complaining i rather like it lol.

It might feel fun to you, but these are just the beginning warning signs. Full blown amphetamine psychosis has permanently fucked up many amp users in the head, leaving them with permanent mental health problems, such as paranoid schizophrenia.

Is that worth a little hallucination to you? If you want hallucinations, take high dose mushrooms or smoke DMT, they are much easier on the mind than full-blown amphetamine psychosis. Never been through it, just telling you what I've read on BL, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd be very careful, some people are More susceptible to amphet psychosis than others. I've never really had too much of a problem with it but a friend of mine once had a full blown psychotic episode after 2 weeks iv use. Police found him cuddled up in the corner of someone garden covered in blood and screaming for help Cos he thought hitmen were after him.
He spent a week in the nut house and is now diagnosed as a paranoid schitzophrenic. This is worst case scenario, but probably More common than you think. Its not worth the risk, limit your tweaking.

U should be fine, only time I got psychosis from amps was after taking 200mg adder all xr and stayed up for 3 days, and had the most realistic hallucinations I've ever had, and not in a good way. That dose is not recommended, I am extremely tolerant to stimulants.

It might feel fun to you, but these are just the beginning warning signs. Full blown amphetamine psychosis has permanently fucked up many amp users in the head, leaving them with permanent mental health problems, such as paranoid schizophrenia.

Is that worth a little hallucination to you? If you want hallucinations, take high dose mushrooms or smoke DMT, they are much easier on the mind than full-blown amphetamine psychosis. Never been through it, just telling you what I've read on BL, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have to second this STRONGLY , my episodes have (as far as i know) permanently given me mild psychotic symptoms , and ive been (unreliably) diagnosed with schizophrenia , im seeing a psych on tuesday though , first real one in years , and basically all im really going to be doing is fixing all the problems that meth caused me mentally , i have also been diagnosed with a disease , and an infection which id prefer not to talk about , all thanks to abusing
(meth)amphetamines . My depression has never been so bad , i start to go on ego trips and shit when certain things are mentioned in certain ways , thanks to enjoying psychosis tripping , i really enjoyed it idk why , until about day 6-8 Which i didnt experience too often due to shortage of gear .

If I'm up on anything for 3 or more days, things get pretty weird. Fortunately I'm aware of what's going on when it starts, so it's never gotten full-blown.

Example: A couple weeks ago I was on day 3 of a meth run (out of tina, but still very high) and got online to come here. I suddenly had the notion that "Bluelight" was code for "police" (as in cop car: has anyone else ever made that connection?) and I got very paranoid about some of the things I've posted here. I immediately knew I was just imagining things and told myself: "Get off the computer. Drink some water. Go to bed-- even if you can't sleep, go lie down." Within an hour I was laughing at myself for the delusion.

Yeah that shit can set in anytime after 12 hours pretty much depending on how you hydrate and nourish your body. My worst was a bender me and my room mate did. We were up for a week. It was pink dope..prettiest pink shards I'll probably ever see. Needless to say shit was super bomb and eveything was fun and games between us until after the third night..we fed off of each others paranoia and just made it worse. Nothing like knowing your brains actin crazy cuz it needs sleep and actively doing everything in your power to sleep but not being able to..never again.

pseudohallucinations are to be expected from sleep deprivation - as a young insomniac i remember seeing HPPD-like phenomena after staying up for even 36h, and this was years before i made every white wall shimmery and colorful with daily DOC use. tread very very lightly though...at the point you're at descent into psychosis can happen without any warning and you will not recognize it. even if you wake up fine afterwards, i recall reading a paper that said every amph psychosis episode makes the next one more likely and occur sooner. this has definitely been my experience - IV meth, my first addiction (and once a somewhat manageable one) is now a guarantee of at least psychotic paranoia if not full-blown delusions/hallucinations. even when smoking the stuff i can't stay up more than one night or i go psycho. be warned!

I am seeing the Shadow People right now. They are very tricky, staying just in my peripheral vision. If I try to look directly at them, they scurry away. I hear them whispering, though.

I am so glad that I do not own a firearm.

Thanks for all the input guys. Today is another vyvanse day. This time 180mgs. Now that i am nearing the end of the peak i hear the same ringing as i usually hear while crashing hard or after being up for days.. Could this possibly be a symptom of psychosis. Each time i use vyvanse the strange occurrences seem to start sooner and sooner into my experience. Only around 8 hours in and just a bit ago i felt as if there was a bug on my hand, when i looked there was nothing and my skin seemed to be breathing ever so slightly for a moment. Symptom?

Yes, those all seem like symptoms of psychosis, but the tinnitus could either be an auditory hallucination or just tinnitus from the vasoconstrictive properties of the Vyvanse.

You need to slow your roll, man, 180mg Vyvanse is equal to 60-72mg dextroamphetamine released over 8 hours, which is a very large dose. Combine that with not eating a full, balanced, nutritious meal every 4 hours, not hydrating properly, not sleeping properly, and psychosis will set in very fast.

You are playing the big leagues of dextroamphetamine abuse with those kinds of doses, either start acting like you are and take any of the precautions that other tweakers would take, or slow down. This is one thing I dislike about Vyvanse, stupid kids (not you, necessarily, although what you're doing is stupid) will pop a shitload of them just because they aren't instant release, and get tweaked all day as a result.

This is one thing I dislike about Vyvanse, stupid kids (not you, necessarily, although what you're doing is stupid) will pop a shitload of them just because they aren't instant release, and get tweaked all day as a result.

Well i knew that it takes up to 2 hours to set in and begin effects. the reasoning for taking so much is that i do not feel the effects as much after my second use. for some odd reason the first time i ever took it i had 40 mg and felt like i was rolling. The second time which was the next day i took 80 mg and didnt feel shit... ever since then the effects have been very mild and just delusional thoughts and feelings of well being.

You will never get those first highs from dextroamphetamine from your honeymoon period ever again, you are chasing a dragon you will never catch, and that dragon might change its flight trajectory and be headed to your local psych ward eventually. Do you really want to take that risk?

Take instant release dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) or Adderall instead, and stop abusing ADD medications that are meant to be non-abusive. Eat, sleep, and drink water like a normal human being, you should be eating 1.5-2x as often as you would sober, imo. Amphetamines are a supercharger on the brain: they make it run more powerfully, but rob it of HP in doing so. Your brain's gas tank is nearing empty, will you stop and fill gas (food, sleep, eat, vitamins), or head to Psychosisville?

Man take some Trazodone/Seroquel/Clonazepam and KO. Allright??? I think Amphetamines cause you to be more reactive than Usual. Me after partying( on Amphetamine Sulphate) and sleeping a 4.30 hours. The next day, I would feel like I am startled more easily I wasn't hallucinating or anything just feeling slightly anxious and slight paranoia even after sleeping it felt like I saw somebody, I didn't see anything but my ears where playing tricks on me and my bodily senses even after sleeping.
Becareful.
Eat, Drink and Take that cocktail and KO if you need sleep.

I always take Trazies, I'm a newbie with Amphetamines used em only 3 times but after each usage I would use Trazies to KO .