• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

portal 2

I am curious. Does anyone know of any games similar to Portal 2? I would be very interested in any REALLY GREAT puzzle/physics type games.

Check out a game called 'Q.U.B.E' it's an indy puzzle game that was released through Steam last month.. it's only $14.99. It's amazingly well designed for an indy game, it has a very portal-esqe atmosphere too it. There's no real story-line, but the puzzles are a lot of fun (except for a few frustrating ones).

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABxhj0ExA0

:)

one of the best games I have ever played. This is a permanent addition to my game collection for sure! I recently played the original portal and before I knew it I had beat the fucker! It was fun but too quick. Of course once you get Portal 2 in your head,it stands to reason that the 1st one is child's play.

I am curious. Does anyone know of any games similar to Portal 2? I would be very interested in any REALLY GREAT puzzle/physics type games.

try braid

portal 2 has the perfect difficulty curve, keeps you on the brink of looking up solutions, but you figure them out before you do. fricken perfect. ... braid is a bit harder, but really testing of your mental faculties. ... like seriously.

try braid

portal 2 has the perfect difficulty curve, keeps you on the brink of looking up solutions, but you figure them out before you do. fricken perfect. ... braid is a bit harder, but really testing of your mental faculties. ... like seriously.

I need to play braid.. the whole time-travel aspect would really test me, i just picked up a game from Steam called Vessel.. it's very similar to braid, so far it's really cool; the attention to detail is stunning and the puzzle mechanics are very interesting, plus the soundtrack is by Jon Hopkins.

Last edited:
braid is so hard, although i have completed it a few years back, this second time around has me absolutely stumped. i think i might have looked up the solution, i dunno.

finished portal 1 again last night (third time, first on my imac). recently found a sweet 2D port of portal called "Ascii Portal" for my n900. it actually works as 2d and only using coloured ascii characters!
here's a vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ww2dGmjE2Q