• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

portal 2

atri

Bluelight Crew
man, i might just have to buy this next week. im going through the first one right now to max out achievements :D

Yeah I'm going to get it on Steam. .. now portal 2 is multilayer right? like you control orange and friend controls the blue?

shit took me forever to beat portal on the orange box for 360, maybe this is like the winter Olympics of valve, and their next game will be hl:3? :)

Holy shit game looks crazy. I gotta stop doing drugs for a while to save up my money for this and battlefield 3. It's gonna be rough.

Haha I've had portal sitting unfinished for a couple of years. I got a fair chunk of the way through it in one sitting and started getting bad motion sickness & gave up... I suppose I should get through it before getting the sequel...

Saw this great portal-themed wedding cake linked today and thought I'd share it though :D

portalcaket.jpg

What a champion lecturer! Played through the first few levels (first 10 or so) and loving it :)

i bet the prof is just happy that he gets to play it too

Portal 2 is the most fun puzzle game I've ever played... Make sure to look for Half Life 3 clues. Remember, it's the same world but 200 years in the future, dum dum dum

I'm kind of disappointed it was ported from Console.. extra loading times, doesn't feel as crisp and sharp, but regardless it's one of the best ports i've seen.

So far im loving the humor and dialogue, i missed this eccentric world :)

EDIT: I retract my previous statement, initially i was jaded by the port.. but man, how i've missed these puzzles, it's been too long.. im really loving this :)

Last edited:
i'll be playing portal 2 later with one of my friends, we rented it last night.. but havnt had time to play.

Love this game right now. On about chapter 4. Sucks that PSN is still fucking down but, the ps3 copy gives ya a PIN for a free steam copy.

i bought it and blazed through it in about a week lol. still havent finished the online stuff though. im already praying for map packs :D

The constant loading is annoying. Doesn't take long but you can tell it was needed due to console hardware limitations :(

(Bring on the next gen consoles already!)

And this is why Valve remains as one of my favorite gaming developers! :)

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6310911.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;2

Portal 2 DLC will be Free.

Earlier this week, Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi revealed that the company's recently released Portal 2 would be getting its first batch of downloadable content this summer. Today the developer gave a few details on the DLC, most notably that it would be free of charge to all players.
The first Portal 2 DLC pack will feature new test chambers, as well as single-player and cooperative multiplayer challenge modes. The pack will also add leaderboards, and be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac versions of the game.

^^^Fuck yeh

+ valve don't exploit the non US countries with regional pricing as so many developers do.

one of the best games I have ever played. This is a permanent addition to my game collection for sure! I recently played the original portal and before I knew it I had beat the fucker! It was fun but too quick. Of course once you get Portal 2 in your head,it stands to reason that the 1st one is child's play.

I am curious. Does anyone know of any games similar to Portal 2? I would be very interested in any REALLY GREAT puzzle/physics type games.

For all of you solo puzzle-solvers, you really should check out the two-player campaign. It's implemented extremely well, due to the excellent level design, requiring a lot of teamwork and coordination. IMHO, it adds an extra dimension to the gameplay, and becomes something even more amazing than the single player campaign.

This review covers the multiplayer well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnIQYkk3_CE