• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Poppy Seed - Im HIGH!!!

Just used 400g of Hoyts.. the seeds consisted of red, black, pruple, some green, and what looked like a fair bit of non-seed plant matter spread around.. mostly brown though. Im drinking it now and it's pretty amber/yellow but not overly. It is hard to see through the solution.

Hope it does something as I do feel something already but I had 5mg clonazepam and 5mg valium just before hand.

Starting to the the burps..

When I held a few of hese seeds under my tongue they tasted really "naturally bitter".. I may get effects!

Okay so this stuff has royally ruined me. i passed out hard until solmeone repeadedly woke me up..

Some of the strangement closed eye REM dfift off to sleep stater stuff I've gotten, alomng with many fake memories of random shit that I just believed. I fgeel like I can crash out for another couple of hours. IO feel light headed and woozy.. This has made me nod more than a high dose (40-80) than oxycodone, but now way near as euphoric, and obvioul;sly smacked me out way more than codeine..

I was itching ion my sleep badly, but I'd think ive scratched myself but it was actually delusion but it got rid of the itch.. i had never moved....

itas hard to walk straght and my eyes are so restricted.. few times i woke up and realised i wasn't breathing like on a real high dose g blow out.

also forgot to add i did also use 25mg of dramamine to help stop any possible nausea.. which there wasn't any.
the taste was fine.. I added juice to it to mask it a bit but the taste isn't near as bad as most other drugs.

I would use this again for a sleeping aid if i didn't have access to G, benzos or stilnox... it seems to keep you asleep unlike codeine which for some reason keeps me up all night, same as alcohol.

Last edited:
Splatt said:
Okay so this stuff has royally ruined me. i passed out hard until solmeone repeadedly woke me up..

Not knowing your history with benzos, could the clonazepam especially have contributed towards this? That stuff knocks me out by itself.

I'd be interested in reading people's pure experience with poppy seeds.

I had had benzos every day for about a week before this, so I would of had some tolerance and it wasn't a high dose clona, but it would of helped.

If this is so simple and easy to do, why aren't more people doing it? What kind of side affects are there etc. I don't take any medication on a regular basis (or recreationally) and have never tried opiates, how much should I use?

I stopped useing it because of the vomiting the next day, that and haveing to drink a L of vial liquid.

*ahem* why not just buy some cheap seeds and plant them? if you chuck a whole bag in the ground, some of them grow... i know this for a fact.... then you can grind up the heads and get yourself some lovely poppy straw which makes an excellent tea ;)

Yes, everyone has valid point's.

frog_e: Yeah that does work, trouble is you need some patience. But the result is very rewarding that's for sure.

Splatt: Good to hear you found some effective seed. Yes the Morphine does put you to sleep, ever seen The Wizard of OZ? With the field of poppies and the evil witch using them to put the adventurers to sleep. In fact Morphine apparently got its name from Morphius the god of sleeping and dream I think. It's derived from Latin.
My experiences have been that when dosed on large amounts of morphine (from poppies or other wise) I can be out to the world very quickly. A perfect example was a recent foray where I had 1.5 Kg which made me very happy but not right out there. I had another 300 G later that night, I woke up the next morning at 8:00 AM on the couch still in front of the TV.... well rested and still in the position I was watching tv in. :)

thinkpink: Be very careful, as you mentioned you don't have a tolerance so I would start with 250 G to 350 G and no more. People have died from taking large amounts with little or no tolerance. I also hope this doesn't become a big phenomenon as it can be stopped very quickly by the authorities. I also suspect its seen as a little bit to easy for many people and hence perhaps not for real..

Last edited:
Hmm... My boyfriend has had oxycodone before, but only once, this is the reason I want to test this poppy seed thing, so he'll stop asking his friends for oc's. How much liquid do you actually have to drink? Would 400-500g be enough for two people? I don't really want an insane hit or anything, I'm just curious about the affects.

I dosed 800g before and got the same effects as 400g. And even shook and rewashed more this time.... I don't mind the high hey, its cheapish morphine, and codeine just doesnt do it for me. I coul;d see myself getting addicted to the natural opiates like morphine, or just opium tea.. or probably banging heroin.... but i just need so much of them to nod. A clonazepam definitely helps with a glass or 2 of wine.

After all these glowing reports of the tea, I'm tempted to get back into it again. Around the middle of last year I used the tea fairly regularly for about a month. I found the seeds to vary quite a lot, even from the same brand, sometimes being weak and the next fairly strong. Generally it was weaker rather than strong though, unfortunately for me. The first time I tried it I found the high to be really dirty, but that was using a fairly primitive method involving a large amount of juice that ends up tasting nasty. A far better method is available in this thread which talks about theoretically extracting the morphine from poppy seed tea. Though I wouldn't recommend trying to get the morphine (as it involves solvents and stuff that could potentially be dangerous), the first two steps don't involve any more thing more than household items, and leaves you with about 30ml of liquid, which is far easier to drink than more than 10x that amount of juice. The high is a lot cleaner as well. It does take a fair bit more effort to do than some of the quicker methods, but I found lack of dirty effects made it worth it. The only other opiates I've had are codeine and oxycodone, which the high seemed somewhat similar to, but also quite different in subtle ways.

Last edited:
I've been using the seed tea for nearly a year, i prefer the pods but for value & ease of being able to buy them, its usually the seeds i use. I limit myself to 1-2 a week & no more than that, mainly to avoid much of a build up in tolerance & any dependancy. For the people chipping in on these seed threads & saying they dont work or its 'placebo' .....how can i put this? your wrong.

As has been mentioned potency can vary quite a bit between batches, but i've got a decent supply & i almost always get a nice experience from the tea i make. My usual amount is 300-400g, i put them in a big mixing bowl, add a half pint of warm water & three tblsp of lemon juice. I think give them a good stir to make sure all the seeds have been in the water, i'll stir for a few mins and then leave to sit for about 10 mins.

I've seen crazy preps saying to leave them sitting for hours but there is no need.
The seeds have a very light coating of opiates on their surface & it doesnt take long for this to be absorbed into the water. If you are leaving the seeds in for ages you also get a load of fatty oils leaking out of the seeds & that will make your tea taste rank.

Occasionally i'll have 25mg of dramamine to help potentiate the tea, or i might have a beer and a bit of a smoke. You can feel the added effects washing over you doing this. Its also normal for me to get a 12hr buzz from a batch of this tea.

I also add squirts of lemon juice, and some white wine for some unknown reason, just delusional knowing" at the time it may help.

let me ask how do you get the morphinated water out of a mixing bowl after you prep it.... do you just put it thru a filter, and if so what kind.. coffee filters take years and ofcourse can get stuck with the seeds.. I usually use about 500g of seeds in a 2l daily juice bottle using around 500ml each time, and then another 500ml to re-wash the seeds.. both times i shake the hell out of it, thern squeeze the water thru the lid after stabbing holes in it.... into glasses and drink.

I use slighlty warmish water too wash my seeds with a little lemon juice.

The seeds im getting now are really good, clean seeds are mighty pleasent and the dirty thebaine ones are a very awful experience.

I use 150g washed twice and get a good high, still for the most part coherent but only just, i want to try 300g this week and try to get a lucid dream or something similar wich i know opium can produce.

Always rewash your seeds theres always a second hit nearly as strong as the first when you rewash.

Hoyts are shit in my experience, i tried some different ones from a nut shop and they where also just as dirty as the hoyts ones.

Then i went to a market stall and found a supply of seeds that pretty much have no bad side affects those hoyts and other brands had.

Infinatley better, the poppy growers these days use selective breeding to produce seeds with thebaine in them which gives you a speedy dirty headache high, not nice.

The good ones a hard to find but worth the effort for sure.

Splatt.....i put a pan lid on the bowl then pour into a caffetiere, this keeps the bulk of the seeds out, the caffetiere then stops any stray seeds getting into my glass. I used to use the bottle method but i found that in squeezing the bottle to get all the water out, it also seemed to force out a lot of those fatty oils in the seeds. The bowl & caffetiere thing sounds like a lot of hassle but i can whip up a batch of tea in 15mins.

Hopefully i'll be able to get my hands on a good amount of pods this summer which can be dried & stored for late use. The seed tea does the job nicely though & i prefer it to say dihydrocodeine because of the duration of the effects.

8ft-sativa.....does the second wash work for you all the time?

I've tried second washes in the past but cant really say they've worked for me, maybe im just getting most of the goodies in the first prep though. I've only got one supplier locally but the seeds are good, im going to head into the city center through the week and try a few of the asian markets to see if i can find stronger seeds & maybe some good bulk prices.

Sometimes i'll have ephedra extract after the tea has kicked in, giving a sort of speedball effect. It's worth trying it, pretty nice.

I also use some ant acids just before i drink my tea, reduces acid in the stomach and helps maximise effects from the tea. I've tested quite a few times with and without ant-acids and the tea always had most effect on me when i used the ant-acids.

Caffeine and opiates are one of the worst mixes out there, i imagine ephedra will be much the same.

I do one wash then sometimes the next day i like to put a bit more warm water give it a shake and i always get high the second wash.

Although i am only 58kgs and get off on 100mg of codeine, and have zero tolerence.

And i think one of the most important things to do when the seeds are in the bottle is to give them a GOOD squeeze and get all that water out.

I use a 2 Litre plastic bottle, put cotton cloth over the end and use water at body temperature. The second wash is always worth the effort. If your careful about how long you leave the seed soaking the amount of fats released is minimal.

Please be careful everyone, in my opinion this is easier to get addicted to that any other available opiate in Australia (baring medical supplied stuff, but then you have a doc regulating you). All it takes is a month of not regulating your use and you can find yourself in a very very bad situation.

MrNice/8ft-sativa: when I'm well stoned no stimulant can effect me. Even methaphetamine seems to have little effect. I do like have a few lines of coke after tea though!