• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Poly-drug MEGA-Thread: If you abuse all kinds of drugs, check in here!

Yeah that sounds like a tough one. not having a legal source of income can certainly lead to trouble down the road, but living with someone in a manipulative relationship like that isn't good for you either. Best of luck man. :)

thanks for the advice bro i think im going to go be with jessie when we are together its the best time of my life over and over aggain

amphetamines and hypnotics
meth, dexedrine, temazepam, alcohol, clonazepam, bromazepam, diazepam, nitrazepam, zopiclone, butalbital, pentobarbital.
mostly amphetamines, it's a hard life.

my favorite "get fucked up and hope you don't hurt yourself, and you won't remember shit" high of all time is methadone with xanax bars
ooooooo weeeeeeeee!

I don't usually do 2 at once, but I'd say i'm a poly drug abuser. If I can't get opiates, then i'll try to get some weed or coke or adderall. I'll do pretty much whatever I can get my hands on. And when all else fails I do the crappiest drug of all, alcohol.

ryno

Don't we all? Alcohol was always my last resort, and now it's pretty well my only resort. Gotta cut back on that crap. Sucks that I happen to have a whole bunch of really tasty Australian wine kicking around.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've always thought of poly-drug use/abuse as taking or preferring to take several drugs at once, rather than just having more than one DOC. At least from my own standpoint. Discuss?

The DSM IV has this to say about poly substance abuse:

When an individual meets criteria for dependence on a group of substances (at least three different types used in the same 12-month period) he or she is given the diagnosis of polysubstance dependence. For example, an individual may use cocaine, sedatives, and hallucinogens indiscriminately (i.e., no single drug predominated; there was no "drug of choice") for a year or more. The individual may not meet criteria for cocaine dependence, sedative dependence, or hallucinogen dependence, but may meet criteria for substance dependence when all three drugs are considered as a group.

Full text here: http://www.minddisorders.com/Ob-Ps/Polysubstance-dependence.html

ryno

I have an ICD-10 criteria diagnose of poly-substance addiction syndrome, F19.2

See, I have an issue with that definition. Just because you use something that is illegal, it automatically makes you dependent? Not in my books, but then again I'm not a psych.

See, I have an issue with that definition. Just because you use something that is illegal, it automatically makes you dependent? Not in my books, but then again I'm not a psych.

I don't think that's what it means. It's saying that even if you aren't dependent on one drug, you could still be dependent on several drugs. Take me as an example. I rarely am dependent on a single drug, but I have a need to get high in some way every day. I guess need isn't the right word, but you get my meaning.

ryno

I don't think that's what it means. It's saying that even if you aren't dependent on one drug, you could still be dependent on several drugs. Take me as an example. I rarely am dependent on a single drug, but I have a need to get high in some way every day. I guess need isn't the right word, but you get my meaning.

ryno

QFT... I feel the need to get high in some way - it doesn't have to be the same drug every time but I "need" something, anything just to feel good. I don't count the recreational, occasional use of drugs as poly-drug abuse though... it all depends on your attitude towards it.

Looks like I'm detoxing early... I abused my adderall prescription and ran out early, and they won't refill it that early, so I am stuck wanting something to get motivated and have nothing : ( Bleh.

Aww im sorry wingnut :(. That sucks i hope you get your script soon.

Since i was about 14 or so ive been a poly drug user if you go by that definition. Well i went a whole year where i was mostly sober besides abit of codeine, dxm or a benzo every now and then. Before i got on opiates daily id usually use alcohol, cannabis, shrooms and pills like valium, codeine, demerol or oxycodone when i could get those. I would take what i could get but early on cannabis and shrooms where my favourite drugs by far.

Later on alcohol became my DOC but i would also take cannabis, temazepam, clonazepam, valium, codeine, oxy and coke or crack every now and then. My whole pattern of drug use was to take whatever i could get basically.

But now opiates are always in the mix since i need them for pain and im physically and psychologically addicted to them. Though to be honest i don't find them that psychologically addictive certainly nowhere near as bad as alcohol. But since im always in pain without them and when im not on them regularly i go back to drinking like a fish they are by far the lesser of 2 evils.

yesterday night I took 100mg of molly, 150 mg mda, a random e pill that im 99% sure was a meth bomb as well as a 2mg xanax bar and 2mg klonopin.

I didn't really expect the meth to be in the mix..things got pretty outta hand :\
Eyes wiggling enough that I couldn't read anything or focus on objects. Leg tremors. mentally i felt overly talkative and still felt euphoric, i do have some amphetamine tolerance...but i ended up getting so spun that Id talk to people, endlessly, about anything, and in the middle of talking forget the topic if distracted 5 seconds. Words started slurring and coming out too fast. rambling.
I ended up sorta blacking out/crashing at a friends house.
my legs were still twitching before i remember passing out. I was sweating like crazy apparently. They said they were really worried because I wouldn't wake up or respond to anything.
I dont think i really was in any overdose situation...moreso just drained as fuck.

I now feel kinda shitty. I wonder how many 5ht synapses died.

It is actually hard for me to understand why one would use just one drug to get high.
Tolerance skyrocketes and it will start to feel boring eventually.
When one abuses anything, which makes world to seem a better place, then one can use other drug when tolerance to another has risen too high.
Or like I already mentioned, euphoria can be multiplied but that results in most times a brain damage of some sorts and terrible mental problems. And possible death.

I'm also a mono user, nothing other than opiates is euphoric for me really, I guess other things are also euphoric but the side effects are so severe of all drugs other than opiates that I usually just don't bother. Heroin when in my face I could never say no, but you won't see me drinking, taking Mdma, coke, smoking weed. I tried all these drugs and most of them are ok once or twice or a few times but after a while the bad outweighs the good. Never with Heroin, except for the w/d and money, I liked it every time I took it.

I guess I'm just sensitive to substances, most drugs just don't feel that good to me so when I found Heroin I instantly got addicted.