• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Misc Police check UK addresses for poison linked to suicides after Canada arrest

The guy in question actually named Barry Kidston and basically gave himself Parkinsons. A real case of "dopamine receptor damage".

I know if I had Parkinsons I would be abusing anything at all to attempt to feel, well, anything: one of the major symptoms is anhedonia and general inaction.

The guy in question actually named Barry Kidston and basically gave himself Parkinsons. A real case of "dopamine receptor damage".

I know if I had Parkinsons I would be abusing anything at all to attempt to feel, well, anything: one of the major symptoms is anhedonia and general inaction.

Yeah, he broke rule 1a) Don't lick the spoon.

But given that trip reports suggest that selegiline has both stimulant and and antidepressant activity, he might have managed somewhat better if he hadn't been able to stop himself abusing even his life-saving medication.

I think he may have had 'needle fever' and someone IVing an MAOI might make for an interesting if brief trip report.

Selegiline was only approved for Parkinson's in the US in 1987. Kidston's poisoning was 1976. He was 11 years too early, sadly, hence the use of cocaine.

Selegiline was only approved for Parkinson's in the US in 1987. Kidston's poisoning was 1976. He was 11 years too early, sadly, hence the use of cocaine.

I wonder what he was abusing? l-DOPA?

I can see why he chose to take cocaine, but it seems an unusual form of intentional poisoning.